Volume 8, Chapter 4

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Darknemo2000
Senior Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Volume 8, Chapter 4

Post by Darknemo2000 »

You know the deal. If no one takes it - I will.
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Re: Volume 8, Chapter 4

Post by Krikit »

ROAR! :)

I don't know how to thank you enough...hopefully me reading it helps out though in terms of showing my thanks :)
Hubb
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Hubb »

This is the best news I've heard all day.
Memm
Astral Realm

Post by Memm »

I give my thanks as well...... Dark muchas gracias hombre :mrgreen:
apsody243
Astral Realm

Post by apsody243 »

you have my gratitude Darknemo2000 your the best :)
Darknemo2000
Senior Project Editor

Post by Darknemo2000 »

30 % up... The best way to thank me - to have discussion about the stuff I'm translating... It always increases my interest to keep working faster...
Spoiler! :
Don't know how about you, but I really wanted Pelisson to win... Both are annoying, but Julio is more evil character who can easily stab you in the back without second thoughts... And his ladykiller stuff is actually very annoying... It wasn't as annoying in anime.
Nerevarine
Astral Realm

Post by Nerevarine »

I dont know...i actually like Julio (it mostly because hes not a noble)

even if he is arrogant, at least his is with skills other than magic. and though he flirts alot...its only skin-deep and he hasnt really shown anything to show a back-stabbing side other than a mysterious third-person nuetral stance he currently takes.

(now if theres something you know that i dont that happens later in the story....dont say anything about it)
Spoiler! :
besides, Pelisson did start the fight. i like it when the noble who thinks he can do anything with magic, is so easily overtaken... and then he whines a pathetic excuse when his opponent uses something that he does not have even though he always has the advantage of magic
Macko Darlack
Senior Project Translator

Post by Macko Darlack »

woah! 30% up?? :shock: :shock: :shock: u shuld have a monument...
Memm
Astral Realm

Post by Memm »

That 'Moon eyes' superstition really fits with Julio's character :roll:
Hubb
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Hubb »

Darknemo2000 wrote:
Spoiler! :
And his ladykiller stuff is actually very annoying... It wasn't as annoying in anime.
Before I encounter Julio in the novels I liked him (anime-version) but now, I don't know; he rubs me the wrong way.

Even though reading about Julio kind of irks me, I'm really interested in reading the rest of this chapter. I want to see how the novel handles Julio/Louise as compared to his rather short time with her in the anime.
apsody243
Astral Realm

Post by apsody243 »

Yeah I Know what u mean, he wasn't as hate able in the anime. In the novels Julio just gives me the wrong vibes, not to mention he's trying to get Louise off the rebound. :evil:
Nerevarine
Astral Realm

Post by Nerevarine »

apsody243 wrote:Yeah I Know what u mean, he wasn't as hate able in the anime. In the novels Julio just gives me the wrong vibes, not to mention he's trying to get Louise off the rebound. :evil:
that hasnt been confirmed yet

and technically, Saito did tell him to "take care of her"
Darknemo2000
Senior Project Editor

Post by Darknemo2000 »

Nevarine, believe me he is a very bad character...
Spoiler! :
You'll learn that later once whole Pope dirty business starts to kick in. So yes, he is definitely bad, much worser than Wardes.

I think author with whole "moon eyes' superstition wanted to give a short glimpse for us in the future, as again 'Moon Eyes" fits Julio perfectly.
Nerevarine
Astral Realm

Post by Nerevarine »

O i believe you, you probably know whats going to happen later on in the novels.

its just that with the character development right now, theres no apparant threat other than him being an suave yet arragont nuetral character.

So for right now, i treat him as nuetral. But i still like it when he puts nobles in their place, besides... Saito needs some competition, it makes character development faster

pshhh...and i refuse to look at your spoiler :P (even though when i went to quote you, it tried to show me lol)
Hubb
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Hubb »

Nerevarine wrote: But i still like it when he puts nobles in their place
While I do like the idea of him giving Saito some competition, I don't really agree with the quoted statement. Even though Julio isn't a noble, he still comes across as any old noble talking down to someone of lower status. So whenever I read his dialogue it still comes across as a snotty kid (two wrongs don't make a right kind of thing).

Return to “Zero no Tsukaima”