Volume 8, Chapter 4

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Darknemo2000
Senior Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Volume 8, Chapter 4

Post by Darknemo2000 »

Exactly, he is not like Rene or other low-class nobles who actually act like normal poeple without getting too cocky. Just simple guys doing there job. Julio is just as cocky as all other nobles, the only difference is that he isnt a noble but he acts as one (just like Pelisson said).

Julio is not a guy who puts nobles in their places - he mostly puts them when their cockiness match his.

There are only two characters who try to put nobles in their places despite being a commoner - Saito and Agnes. Julio is definitely not one of those.
salv87
Astral Realm

Post by salv87 »

Darknemo2000 wrote: There are only two characters who try to put nobles in their places despite being a commoner - Saito and Agnes. Julio is definitely not one of those.
a praise for Agnes coming from you.. that's a rare sight ^_^
Darknemo2000
Senior Project Editor

Post by Darknemo2000 »

My tongue bleed, believe me. And fingers almost fell off while typing that...

Anyways, I have a question how do you guys think - should I translate 'baka' or not. Simply none of the english words (idiot, stupid, fool, silly) doesn't sound as cute as 'baka' and can really disrupt the flow if chosen badly (there where it should be soft 'silly' you put 'idiot' etc.).
Nerevarine
Astral Realm

Post by Nerevarine »

meh fine, i guess they were the wrong words to use...
Spoiler! :
but Pelisson was the one who started the fight. Julio came only for one thing, which we are about to see with Louise, and all the stuff that happened outside of the in the courtyard of the academy was not something started by him
Julio just does his thing his own way, which im alright with. he doesnt really start things.

he hasnt really dont anything bad yet, and him flirting with everyone he meets is not really a bad thing....

Edit: just read the post above. and you should just keep it as "baka"
everyone pretty much knows what it means, and it will keep closest to the author's meaning if you cant translate it directly
Hubb
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Hubb »

I'm all for baka and, to be honest I really like keeping honorifics as well.
Darknemo2000
Senior Project Editor

Post by Darknemo2000 »

45% up...so now it is 75% translated..And yes Louise is a pervert...even bigger than Saito...
apsody243
Astral Realm

Post by apsody243 »

Its moments like this that make the novel 100 times better than the anime. Just that dream scene alone was pure gold, too bad it was cut from the anime.
Hubb
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Hubb »

I'm glad I saw the anime before I started reading. I'm not sure how I would of felt about the anime had it been the other way around (that and pronouncing Montmorency's name).

Great job as always Dark.
Zyzzyva165
Senior Project Translator

Post by Zyzzyva165 »

Darknemo2000 wrote:My tongue bleed, believe me. And fingers almost fell off while typing that...

Anyways, I have a question how do you guys think - should I translate 'baka' or not. Simply none of the english words (idiot, stupid, fool, silly) doesn't sound as cute as 'baka' and can really disrupt the flow if chosen badly (there where it should be soft 'silly' you put 'idiot' etc.).
Well, I was wondering about that as well when I read the novels. (Managed to resist the temptation to change it to stupid, since I'm kepoing after all if I do so...) But it's good that I didn't, since I've seen your point in retaining it. How about idiot? That sounds a bit like baka if you ask me. But I'm not a native and might have missed the 'cuteness' of that word, so......do as you see fit. :D
"Their faces looked like this: Each of the four had the face of a man, and on the right side each had the face of a lion, and on the left the face of an ox; each also had the face of an eagle."
Darknemo2000
Senior Project Editor

Post by Darknemo2000 »

Finished...
Spoiler! :
Well at least Louise confessed that she loves Saito..Though to Julio and by saying 'True'...And we can see the first sparks of Julio's plan to use Louise, for Romalia...
Hubb
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Hubb »

Great job Dark, I really enjoyed reading this chapter.
msuwildog80
Astral Realm

Post by msuwildog80 »

Thank you as always Dark
Nerevarine
Astral Realm

Post by Nerevarine »

well, i may be mean.

but i love the absolute despair that Louise is feeling.

it just feels so....satisfying
Hubb
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Hubb »

Nerevarine wrote:well, i may be mean.

but i love the absolute despair that Louise is feeling.

it just feels so....satisfying
You may be mean but don't feel bad; I feel the same way.
Memm
Astral Realm

Post by Memm »

Well.... i dont find Louise's despair satisfaying........ well the only satisfaction i feel, is to know she really cared for him
.....but i feel bad for her, it must be really painful beliving you lost someone important :?

Return to “Zero no Tsukaima”