Zero no Tsukaima Unified Guidelines

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Mies
Astral Realm

Re: Zero no Tsukaima Unified Guidelines

Post by Mies »

I think this has already been solved here, but it's Gandalfr (a la Froth-Bite's wicca member).

The runes found on Saito's hands can be seen in a couple of the illustrations (especially Ch1 p. 51). I can extract them and tell you the individual meanings, but actually translating/pronouncing/forming-the-English is beyond me.

The physical runes are:

ᚷᚢᛅᚸᛟᛚᚠ

ᚷ - gebō | g| Gift
ᚢ - ūruz | u/v | Power
ᛅ - nyd | n/ae | Need
ᚸ - daez | d | Day
ᛟ - oedel | oe | Estate
ᛚ - lagu | l | Lake
ᚠ - feoh | f | Wealth

Which switches a few scripts (Anglosaxon and Elder Futhark from what I see). That's the best I got.
Macko Darlack
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Macko Darlack »

yes, yes, that's why i asked :mrgreen: besides, there are like 7 families of runes (futhark, norwgian, danish, etc), but it was already solved... it is Gandalf :D

thx!

Spoiler! :
why that link goes to Vaelis' profile??? :roll:
Mies
Astral Realm

Post by Mies »

@Spoiler: Because I failed.
Seanna2k
Astral Realm

Post by Seanna2k »

Thoughts in italics is good, and narration, aside from exceptions, should usually be in past tense (e.g. 'she took the bottle', instead of 'she takes the bottle'). As for speech quotation marks, if a person is speaking, it opens with ", and closes with ". However, should the person's speech spill into other paragraphs, then there is no " closure until the end of the speech. Even so, every paragraph of speech must always start with a " opening, even if it is a continuation of the speech of the same person.
zultekmilennia
Astral Realm

Post by zultekmilennia »

I'm kinda confused on that part. Yeah, "she took the bottle" as opposed to "she takes the bottle' sounds better and more grammatically pleasant. And the meaning isn't changed at all, so I'm figuring this kind of change is alright.

Glad to see the project moving along after being stalled. Thanks serenade!! :D
Darknemo2000
Senior Project Editor

Post by Darknemo2000 »

Actually, the translator is me, if you mean the current volume 7 and volume 8 translations. Serenade is taking a break from the project.
zultekmilennia
Astral Realm

Post by zultekmilennia »

Oh, sorry, my bad. Didn't really notice it until further readings.

Anyways, thanks for making a lot of progress on the translation. I thought the project was gonna get stalled, but it seems that won't happen anytime soon.

And, if a volume did got published in English, would you guys stop the entire project or just take the published volume off the site?
Darknemo2000
Senior Project Editor

Post by Darknemo2000 »

Maybe you haven't heard of it but the company (seven seas) that have licensed ZnT is now on hiatus due to financial issues. But we have decided to work on even if it gets released, we would just remove the volume that was released and keep all others (until the other volume is released and so on...)
Macko Darlack
Senior Project Translator

Post by Macko Darlack »

Darknemo2000 wrote:Maybe you haven't heard of it but the company (seven seas) that have licensed ZnT is now on hiatus due to financial issues. But we have decided to work on even if it gets released, we would just remove the volume that was released and keep all others (until the other volume is released and so on...)
nice news I read today!! :mrgreen: btw, thx Dark 4 translating :D
zultekmilennia
Astral Realm

Post by zultekmilennia »

Oh yeah, Seven Seas, isn't that the one that dropped the Kojika license due to controversial issues? Or was it another company... Kojika doesn't have a fat chance in hell to be published in the US anyways. The 42 chapter sort of sealed its fate.

Anyways, that's great news. Keep em' coming.
seanna2k
Astral Realm

Post by seanna2k »

Ouch... Removal? Well, I understand why though, since there's a license thingy in some countries, but I was thinking that you're translating your own unoffocial translation, so would a license on official english translations apply to these unofficial translations? Also, in some countries like mine, it's not like there's gonna be an official english translation licensed here in a long long time (Like ages, since it's still considered an Islamic country and there are outdated and mindless censors wiping out what they don't like with permanent black ink even on proper bought original copies of any language that don't get banned).

Return to “Zero no Tsukaima”