[ON GOING]Chapter 01

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Kawool
Astral Realm

[ON GOING]Chapter 01

Post by Kawool »

Hope Oni and others wont mind but here the thread dedicated to chapter 1's collab, to make things clearer.

TRANSLATION STATUS
- Pages 01 to 26 included translated (Yuko)
- Pages 27 to 45 on going (Se-chan's tl, please give us eta here)
---------------------------------------------------
EDITS STATUS
- Waiting for editors (will be done by Oni, The Naming Game, Bicube, Black Knight and Da-Mike)
TYPESETTING STATUS
- idle (will be done by Kawool)
QC STATUS
- idle (will be done by Se-chan, Kawool, Oni ? )

I created this thread to ONLY talk about chapter 1, as the collab thread is starting to get too many pages for my lazy eyes.
Last edited by Kawool on Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:31 am, edited 4 times in total.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

no problem kawool,

when can i get my hands on the script?

anytime now would be good.

do you have a prefer method?

I will be on msn around, 11pm GMT o if you need to contact me that is a good time.

As for editors, i have created a new page as the previous one was too obvious, because due to a known security flaw, that allows user to bypass the security if they know the exact page name.

the new page name is:

zeroNT:komgvol01edit
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Da~Mike
Astral Realm

Post by Da~Mike »

D~M here.
(that's all I have to say right?)
BlckKnght
Astral Realm

Post by BlckKnght »

I look forward to helping out with editing as well. Though I did not vote for this project when we had our poll, I've since read summaries of the novels and they seem quite interesting. I can't wait for the text!

--
BlckKnght
bicube
Editor-in-Assistance
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by bicube »

Bicube here, I'll also be helping out with the editing.

I'm also lurking in the IRC channel, as requested in the collab. thread.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

well, all we waiting for is Se-chan to hand over her share of the chapters.

Until then, kawool will be holding on to her script.

:roll:

we have given her until this weekend, hopefully she will respond to the emails, p.m. and other communication efforts, and give us 10 pages.

yes this chapter will not be complete.

a misunderstanding has led to a thought that chapter one was 37 pages.

infact, it is 34 pages

starting from page 12 as the first 11 pages were illustrations and insert blanks, to page 45.

So unless Kawool's copy is different from mine, there will be more pages to come.

but i do not know until we have checked the ZnT copies kawool and se-chan has.
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Se-chan
Astral Realm

Post by Se-chan »

I'l be needing the script from both sides (mine and kneko's) as txt files, then I'l volunteer the typeset.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Se-chan wrote:I'l be needing the script from both sides (mine and kneko's) as txt files, then I'l volunteer the typeset.
do you mean the translated text or raw?

edit: okay got it.

@Onizukademongto
the_naming_game
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by the_naming_game »

Posting here, as per request. Ready to go.
Cala-kun
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Zero no Tsukaima

Post by Cala-kun »

Err... okay? <.<;; I come home from school to find myself flurried by PMs and emails about the script...?

Before I go into panic mode, I'd just like to point out: why couldn't someone (anyone) have at least pointed out (even roughly) what section I was supposed to do? I seriously had no idea, and being the rookie I am, I work sloooowly. >.>

I'm not seeding dissent or placing blame on anyone (except myself, for not asking earlier), but really, I think this little hiccup could've been avoided.

With that, I'll try to ignore the massive pressure and get my work done. Just keep me in the loop, please. =/
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Cala-kun wrote:Err... okay? <.<;; I come home from school to find myself flurried by PMs and emails about the script...?

Before I go into panic mode, I'd just like to point out: why couldn't someone (anyone) have at least pointed out (even roughly) what section I was supposed to do? I seriously had no idea, and being the rookie I am, I work sloooowly. >.>

I'm not seeding dissent or placing blame on anyone (except myself, for not asking earlier), but really, I think this little hiccup could've been avoided.

With that, I'll try to ignore the massive pressure and get my work done. Just keep me in the loop, please. =/
cala-kun, sorry about that.

I assumed Se-chan had informed you.

I had sent him an email about the pages his group was to do.

And since he posted on the previous thread i had assumed he had read and past the information to you.

I should of contacted you directly to check,

i hold myself responsible, once again im sorry.

I've sent you an email, detailing everything.

In light of this I will be requesting all direct contact details of the translators and editors, so that i can check up on you all.

if you are unsure, of what you are suppose to do, please contact me NOW.

Thank you.

Onizuka-GTO

@Onizukademongto
Kawool
Astral Realm

Post by Kawool »

Se-chan wrote:I'l be needing the script from both sides (mine and kneko's) as txt files, then I'l volunteer the typeset.
but i already volunteered a few days ago to do the typesetting on chapter one. :roll:

As for the script i invite editors to come on the irc channel so i forward the tl.

#[email protected]
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

apparently that wasn't animous. (^^; )

i'll let you two sort it out, no point getting into something i have no idea about... :roll:

oh yeah, if any translators are wondering, a misunderstanding occured when stating the number of pages.

while i was referring to the actual pages of the novel, k.neko misunderstood me and thought i was talking about the png scanned files.

so when i mentioned pages 11 to 45 for chapter one, for the scanned raws they were files:

01_004.png to 01_037.png

In this context, all future chapters will be identified by the actual page number and the scanned raw file name for clear identification.

@Onizukademongto
Kawool
Astral Realm

Post by Kawool »

actually you are wrong i did not think that.
anyway when ppl will show up for edits on the chan or so ?

i would appreciate things could speed up a bit coz well i dont wanna sound selfish or bossy but well it's annoying to wait forever...

so far only the naming game and bicube joined the chan ...but as i'm more talking to the void no one has the script yet :?
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

may i ask why must we appear on a irc or msn to conduct edits?

it is to my knowledge that scripts cannot be edited without being seen first.

since the editors have not seen it yet, how can we discuss the edits? even on real-live chat?

you are holding on to the script, that none of the editors can do their work.

As long as you hold it, nothing can proceed.

Se-chans working Translators has already promised to pass on their script when they are done, that is as good a promise as they can be.

Please be paitient, kawool.

@Onizukademongto

Return to “Zero no Tsukaima”