[ON GOING]Chapter 01

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

the_naming_game
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by the_naming_game »

Kawool, take your time. Oni's enthusiasm aside, I think everybody wants the best release possible, and if it takes a few more days to get that, then it's worth it.
Kawool
Astral Realm

Post by Kawool »

Thank for understanding...i had (still have) too many issues this week so just cant be on a lot or work faster.

Ok i'm back but have to move out within 5 days, velocity was kept updated anyway so i guess its no headline news
Kawool
Astral Realm

Post by Kawool »

ok as chapter 1 is delayed coz of me, i'm gonna finish it this weekend (cant before coz still moving out /working full time now). Sorry for the inconvenience
Se-chan
Astral Realm

Post by Se-chan »

Okay...

Given that, I'll just go with the sample PSD posted here(not that I can bother anymore) for ch2

BTW, it's Sunday already...
Kawool
Astral Realm

Post by Kawool »

thanks for the reminder se chan , i could not remember its sunday already... i just did not choose to be -badly- sick this weekend.
Andiyar
Astral Realm

Post by Andiyar »

Hope that you're feeling better Kawool. I look forward to seeing how chapter one has turned out. :)

-Andiyar
the_naming_game

Kawool, I heard the latest from velocity7. If you're too sick to typeset currently, I don't think anybody is trying to make you do so. And definitely not under some kind of "do-or-die" conditions.

Let's understand one thing. I think (at least I'm hoping) that we all have the same goal -- to release a good project. And if that's so, then let's see what we need to do to get a good ch1 release.

How about switching KH over to the ch1 typeset? All that's needed is a psd template, right? (just going by what I've read in this forum.) and KN can switch to ch2.

This is the first release, with three teams who have never worked together before, so obviously a lot more things will need to be ironed out. I realize people might be feeling impatient, but we should still take the time to get a good release. By doing the first release right, the rest of the chapters should fall into line easily.

(And by "doing the first release right" I mean that we should have a more careful QC process than we will with the later releases. I believe all three groups should participate in it.)
Baka-Tsuki, suki! Yuki, suki!
Kawool
Astral Realm

Post by Kawool »

I informed velocity of how things are going for me ...my food allery just got worse to the point its messing up my blood system which is both tiring and hurting ...and working full time does not help.

Anyway like i said to Velocity if i dont manage to finish it today then i'll quit the project to not slow down your groups and do it at my own pace.

Thanks to Andidar and TheNaming Game, but when i read Se-chan's line, it sounds different...I dunno others or Oni's position on this as i almost did not talk to him for the last weeks.

Anyway thanks to medecine, i feel a bit better today (and its my day off !) so i guess it should be ok.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Hello Kawool,

sorry to hear about your misfortunes,

sometimes it's just purely bad lucky, and there really nothing you can do about.

Anyway hope you get better, and i look forward to your contribution.
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
the_naming_game

to Kawool:
I don't see why you are deciding to leave the project based upon whether you finish the typeset today. I would rather not have the collab break for a reason like that. I am hoping you reconsider.

You did mention slowdown, but if it's just a temporary thing, I don't see the problem.

If you're quitting because of your illness, that's entirely understandable, of course.

I realize
there have been a lot of ... words lately. I'm not even going to try talking about this unless everyone agrees that they want to discuss it.

Let me just say that I don't think it has to always be like this. Can we at least have some basic faith in each other? I don't think anyone here is an idiot. I don't think anyone here is trying to be lazy. Until I have reason to believe otherwise, I'll continue to think that.
  • For those who have never edited a novel, I will say that it may take longer than you think, especially if you want to do a good job.
  • For those who have never typeset a novel, I will say the same thing.
  • For those who have never translated a novel -- the same.
Not one of us has done a novel project under these kinds of conditions. (the Haruhi project works using countless nameless editors, as well as a rotating pool of dedicated ones. Also there is no set release deadline.) So it's best to take the first release slowly. There's no reason to try to go fast on something you've never done before -- we're still learning here. The next chapter will go faster, the chapter after that faster still.

With that said,
is there ANY way we can set up an IRC meeting? We haven't had a single one since the start of this collab, and the forums don't seem to cut it.

Sure, we can discuss workload distribution, but I'd MUCH rather discuss ch1. There is little point in talking abstractly when we have no concrete experience. After we have a chapter or two behind us, I think we'll have a much better idea of what kind of organization works, and what doesn't.
Se-chan
Astral Realm

Post by Se-chan »

Okay, okay! Cut it, cut it! Enough with the pointless jabbering already!

KW: Sorry for the unintended puns. I'm just here to remind you of what you need to do, nothing more. If you copped a feel of offense on what I say or do, I can readily apologize, ASAP.

TNG: Giving her time, is fine. 3 weeks is not good, but I can't say quitting is a good option as well. Secondly, if we're to do the typeset and QC, we'll need the novel CG images as well, and someone has to do the redraw/relevel thingie, as I am only limited to typeset. Of course, ch1-given, let's just say workload distribution works fine, but remember, the CG thingies are the ones that needs the whacking, and you gotta find people interested in doing so, should KW quit it.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Hello kawool,

I have been informed about the recent problems you have and it has literally given me alot to think about it.

Since you wish for me to be honest, I apologise if my words seem mean, bad, or just rude.

Honesty can be brutal and when i speak honestly, it's just how I sound, but I don't wish to give you the impression that i'am doing anything but speak honestly.

I've heard that your current life schedule is very very demanding, and that you are only getting one day off per week.

additional to that, you had to move accomodation and suffer from illness, and your desire to not hold up the project.

I will say this now, that if this project is no long "fun" to do, and that you have to use your one day of rest, in addition to your fansubbing work to the point that your health and real work is suffering, then with all due respect, please consider dropping out.

I will say this, because while the rest of the collaboration members can find the time to do this project, I don't see the justification that we have to FORCE you or anyone else to keep up with us, under such strained conditions.

I can say that I have been in a position where I have been working so much that the last thing i wish to do is work on some hobby just to keep up with more deadlines that is unrelated to work.

I want you to consider it, because I feel you don't have to make this decision, your real life should be your piority and that what ever happens on this project, in the end it's simply a hobby, that we should all enjoy in all stages, be in translating, editing or reading.

If you think that I'am asking you to drop out, then yes that is the truth.

You may accuse me of many things, but this one i will ask you to consider because my point is that,

Your life schedule is more important then this project.

Someone has to take this point, because it is something i wll not hesistate to act upon myself, if i was in such a situation.

To finish this post, i will say this:

Kawool, our working relationship has been rocky, But I have always respect you and the work you do.

I have enjoyed the civil conversations we were able to have, however brief they were.

But i have faith it will not be the last pleasant conversation we will have, in the forseen future.

And that in all honesty, you put the fear of god into me with all that talk of whipping, and i hope that i do not encounter you on a dark french alley anytime soon.

:P

Regards,

Oni
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Se-chan
Astral Realm

Post by Se-chan »

Okay, this is really getting outta hand! Enough bickering already!

As for the chap, I guess I'll have to take a move in order to appease you people. I've gotten the pics necessary for the opening release(which may be taken care of with two editors on my side). About typeset, I'm trying to argue about using MS Word instead of the ordinary page raw(since they're both white, what gives?

Now, enough talk, more whipping!
Kawool
Astral Realm

Post by Kawool »

well seems confusing, for now i'll stay as i do it for my team too, i am curious to see how things are and all ( if others are ok) . I will not try finding an excuse for my delay but the delay at the start of the collab delayed my part a lot that got a LOT delayed by several bitchy stuff happening to me, anyway sorry for that.
i work tomorrow (a wonder i know) but i'll be here in the morning (gtm) and all sunday(hopefully the day we release if the work get QCers' approvals)

PS i was on irc but you were all away.nite.
the_naming_game

Just a quick announcement to say that B-T and KH (confirmed through irc) are ready to release, and as far as I can tell, KN is as well, though will wait for an actual confirmation before going forward.

Whip on!

Edit:
If I don't get to it first, can someone move "zeroNT:Komgvol01edit" to "Zero no Tsukaima v01 c01" when the release happens, and also make the appropriate changes to the "Zero no Tsukaima" page?

Return to “Zero no Tsukaima”