At one point is Saito able to... [spoilers]

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

phallus99
Astral Realm

At one point is Saito able to... [spoilers]

Post by phallus99 »

Spoiler! :
...Connect to the internet and communicate with his family?
Or did I just get trolled on /a/? :D

Added spoiler tags - TGM
RonnieCorny
Senior Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: At one point is Saito able to... [spoilers]

Post by RonnieCorny »

sorry if i'm spoiling the plot for others...
Spoiler! :
yes. in volume 13, he was able to receive email and send a few replies...
in fact, it's in the translated chapters here... one of the touching scenes... last 2 chapters were translated for vol.13... i think the translator (SeiryuuChan) skipped ahead and translated these chapters because they are more *fun* to read and so probably had more impetus to translate.... :D

- ron

More spoiler tags - TGM
Faktek
Kyonist

Post by Faktek »

Yeah, they were fun. But its crime not to translate Epilogue :/ Translator was probably having fun imagining how irritated will be readers after reading chapter 8. :twisted:

Edit:
It was "sarcasm". Really, why are you taking it as some offense. I exactly know how it is to translate something, and even more: I'm very lazy so if something is not interesting for me I wont even trouble my brain to try translating it in my head, I will just read in english and give it to someone else for translation.
Last edited by Faktek on Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://mangafeed.net/ One place to track them all
RonnieCorny
Senior Project Editor

Post by RonnieCorny »

i dunno about irritating readers on purpose, but i know that i find it easier to take on a task (translating or other work) if it piques my interest.

btw, thanks TGM... i really gotta learn how to use them tags... :oops:

- ron
Faktek wrote:Yeah, they were fun. But its crime not to translate Epilogue :/ Translator was probably having fun imagining how irritated will be readers after reading chapter 8. :twisted:
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

RonnieCorny wrote:btw, thanks TGM... i really gotta learn how to use them tags... :oops:
No problem. When you are posting a reply there is a button you can press to add the tags, or you can manually enter them.
Spoiler! :
[ /spoiler] Just remove the space before the '/' and put the text between the two tags.
RonnieCorny wrote:i dunno about irritating readers on purpose, but i know that i find it easier to take on a task (translating or other work) if it piques my interest.
This is exactly it. Translators do this as a hobby (usually) and it's much easier to translate material when you are doing a part you really enjoy. I personally wont read any text past where I am in the story, so if the translator skips around I don't get to read any more. That is their own decision though and I'm thankful that they've decided to translate anything at all. 8)

Now all of you slackers reading this get back to work!
phallus99
Astral Realm

Post by phallus99 »

I just read over this chapter. Made me lol so hard :lol:

Return to “Zero no Tsukaima”