Volume 14 Chapter 1

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

touya13
Astral Realm

Volume 14 Chapter 1

Post by touya13 »

volume 14 chapter 1 has been completely translated! XD...

feel free to edit to make it more readable XDDD

i will now move on to chapter 2 of volume 14 XD
Joneleth
Astral Realm

Re: Volume 14 Chapter 1

Post by Joneleth »

Thank you for your effort touya! :D

However, I do not understand what is the point of translating vol. 14 while vol. 13 is not translated? Why don't you guys keep some order, because there is no point in reading vol 14 without reading the previous parts...
touya13
Astral Realm

Post by touya13 »

its my pleaure^_^

well, in my point there is a 'point' :P...having to have read the last chapters of volume 13 i got stuck up and wanted to translate to knw what happened...so i decided to do vol 14, then i'll translate 13 after that ^_^"...
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Joneleth wrote:However, I do not understand what is the point of translating vol. 14 while vol. 13 is not translated? Why don't you guys keep some order, because there is no point in reading vol 14 without reading the previous parts...
Has nothing to do with that, also there is no need for that! Also one could say its part of the rules (if one would read them strict (only One or two translators per volume, but that is for some series or situations a impossible rule)).

More translators more translations. And Every translator can decide for themself what to translate. Also could be necessity, not every translator has the raw for every volume, but still want to translate. Also some dont read in order or one could say that those who read in order have something to look forward to read if they can wait till the previous volumes are translated (for some series one could wait forever...)
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Wolfpup
Senior Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Wolfpup »

Darklor wrote:
Joneleth wrote:However, I do not understand what is the point of translating vol. 14 while vol. 13 is not translated? Why don't you guys keep some order, because there is no point in reading vol 14 without reading the previous parts...
Has nothing to do with that, also there is no need for that! Also one could say its part of the rules (if one would read them strict (only One or two translators per volume, but that is for some series or situations a impossible rule)).

More translators more translations. And Every translator can decide for themself what to translate. Also could be necessity, not every translator has the raw for every volume, but still want to translate. Also some dont read in order or one could say that those who read in order have something to look forward to read if they can wait till the previous volumes are translated (for some series one could wait forever...)
That is also true for us editors that are working with the translators.
Always on the hunt for good Anime and their associated Light Novels, Manga. :)
Hubb
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Hubb »

mmm ZnT.

Seeing the novel progressing in any manner or order is awesome. Thanks for the hard work; touya and wolf!
Elender
Astral Realm

Post by Elender »

Thanks for the hard work; touya and wolf!(2)
xyz
Astral Realm

Post by xyz »

Dear all,

I would like to share my concerns about the translation quality of vol. 14 chap. 1. I wrote my remarks in the discussion page here:
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... 4_Chapter1

After reading these remarks, I hope you will understand why I really think that this chapter should be re-translated from scratch. I know that saying that may seem a bit harsh, and I am sorry for the translator that may have put efforts into this. However, please be aware that sentences such as:

"Whether or not the palace was built according to the kind of end and reading the scale would help you understand."
or
"Three regiments definitely promised cooperation, and report at present has reached that. They arrived at the capital this morning."
or
"They had stationed a few hundred mercenaries from the Duchy of Bergen generations responsible for the guard, the other team sat in the cavalry mage and there was no either expectation of counting in war potential. With the "conspiracy" for example, most units and horseman group appeared for the King's capital and had been paid."

can be found all along the chapter. English is not my native language but I am quite sure that such sentences have actually no meaning...

I am just signaling to you this problem of translation quality so that if a translator drops by this post, he/she may want to have a look at vol.14 chap.1. I like Baka-Tsuki for providing all these translations and it appeared important to me that this chapter should be as good as the rest of the project.

Best regards,
XYZ
Silimir
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Silimir »

It sure is a chapter that has been worked on many years ago, and if i recall by a translator that only "pass by". I do not think anybody will work on it's editing, the LN being pretty dead right now. If you are enough confident on how you want it to be translate, i advise you to edit it although i'm not sure you can, the volume being pretty old. Thanks for your concern.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

hi sili
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.

Return to “Zero no Tsukaima”