Thank you To the Translators, and a prolly dumb idea...

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

jaskew2003
Astral Realm

Thank you To the Translators, and a prolly dumb idea...

Post by jaskew2003 »

First of all, I would like to say thank you to all the hard work all of you have put into this, I just recently found this series and LOVE IT! Thank you Thank you! I wish I could help, but i don't read Japanese so I'm sorry for only being a leach.

I was wondering if the translate option on Google Chrome's browser could be used in small segments to kinda "preview" translate, I was actual playing aroun with it on some web sights and it seemed to translate pretty understandable. mebbie that could be used as a shortcut?
Cabuws
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Thank you To the Translators, and a prolly dumb idea...

Post by Cabuws »

This idea crossed my mind as well, it isn't that bad of an idea. The Japanese could be translated via Google translate, and editors could correct mistakes translate made. Although the novel will probably lose some of its 'flavor' since Google translate wont be able to translate all the details, well actually now that I think about it I'd prefer if it wasn't done like this as I don't want to see the novel lose the details it has. That's my two cents :P
Last edited by Cabuws on Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jormungandr
Astral Realm

Post by Jormungandr »

It's better to have translators work on it, I've used online translators before, and it'll definitely lose some flavor. I've been translating the prequel with a dictionary, and many things will lose a lot of meaning if it's translated poorly or simply.
jaskew2003
Astral Realm

Post by jaskew2003 »

Hmm, you're Prolly right, I'm just excited to read more, does the kanji in the novels have furi-gana? i can Imagen it being relay hard with out their help.
Jormungandr
Astral Realm

Post by Jormungandr »

I actually bought it in Chinese, so I have no idea.
Wolfpup
Senior Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Wolfpup »

Jormungandr wrote:I actually bought it in Chinese, so I have no idea.
don't forget the Chinese version is even a 'translated' version so there is already some lose due to that fact from the orginal.
Always on the hunt for good Anime and their associated Light Novels, Manga. :)
kazesenken
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by kazesenken »

jaskew2003 wrote:Hmm, you're Prolly right, I'm just excited to read more, does the kanji in the novels have furi-gana? i can Imagen it being relay hard with out their help.
It does every so often, mostly for the more uncommon words, or if there is another pronunciation that you are supposed to say instead of how it is normally read.
Jormungandr
Astral Realm

Post by Jormungandr »

Wolfpup wrote:
Jormungandr wrote:I actually bought it in Chinese, so I have no idea.
don't forget the Chinese version is even a 'translated' version so there is already some lose due to that fact from the orginal.
That's a good point, but it's the best I can get since I can't read Japanese and no one else knows much about it.
rogersstones
Astral Realm

Post by rogersstones »

As per my knowledge, I dont think so it is at all possible. It may be mistaken somewhere.

Return to “Zero no Tsukaima”