volumes 13 and onwards

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

stormydays
Astral Realm

volumes 13 and onwards

Post by stormydays »

Hello peeps of Baka Tsuki :)

Im brand new to the forums, registered today, but i've been prowling this website for a while now. Anywayz, on to my topic:

I was wondering if ZnT volume 13 (and onwards) will be translated some time soon. Are there any issues with the translation? Might there be any delays? Im dying to read onwards and my japanese is quite bad.... it took me 4 hours to fully understand 1 page >.> no joke, dictionaries barely helped.

My hopes of drowning myself in japanese light novels lie in this website. So, back to my main topic; Will volumes 13 (and onwards) see the light of day in the english language or would it be faster for me to read the novels in japanese as is. Are Machine translations that inaccurate to require a warning (i do not understand this method completely)?

Oh and 1 more question: if i wished to buy the novel itself in japanese, could someone direct me to a decent site that i may make my purchase from? Possibly one that may ship to canada. I would love to purchase volumes 14-18.

I appreciate any and all responses.
I do apologize if i may have breached any guidelines with my requests as i still do not understand the licensing issues and whatnot, but a definitive answer would be greatly appreciated.
chrnno
Line Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by chrnno »

It depends on the translators really, Darknemo2000 is one who translates pretty quickly but out of time lately. The others do a little from time to time so until someone who has plenty of time comes it will go at a snail's pace. From time to time when such people come we see chapters translated very quickly, several per week happened several times.

Machine translations are accurate only if there is no use of local expressions(thing like "a piece of cake), preferably no use of figurative language and lastly no ambiguitity possible. So yeah pretty bad, though if you are trying to learn they can be useful.
Can I say something about destiny? Screw destiny! If this evil thing comes we'll fight it, and we'll keep fighting it until we whoop it. 'Cause destiny is just another word for inevitable and nothing's inevitable as long as you stand up, look it in the eye, and say 'You're evitable!'
stormydays
Astral Realm

Re: volumes 13 and onwards

Post by stormydays »

ah well, looks like i just gotta read the hard way >.<

Thx again for your reply.

of course, any info on those volumes would be lovely. :D
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

Unfortunately we dont have many active translators atm. It would take an army for a volume to get done quickly.

Not that Im saying we dont have one... :roll:
onizuka-gto wrote:Big Boss was playing with the cosmic forces and forgot to switch the blog database back on.
chrnno
Line Mage

Post by chrnno »

Not necessarily an army, I've seen darknemo finishing a volume in a few weeks... Though that might just mean he is a one man army... :?
Can I say something about destiny? Screw destiny! If this evil thing comes we'll fight it, and we'll keep fighting it until we whoop it. 'Cause destiny is just another word for inevitable and nothing's inevitable as long as you stand up, look it in the eye, and say 'You're evitable!'
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

Well the ZnT novels are easier than most....

Also, I see preview transcripts... Is there a small, yet possible chance that he is using a machine?
onizuka-gto wrote:Big Boss was playing with the cosmic forces and forgot to switch the blog database back on.
chrnno
Line Mage

Post by chrnno »

Well I don't know about that... :(

Maybe as a preview but the rest is too accurate for a program to have translated entirely.
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

Either way, the speed is ridiculous...
stormydays
Astral Realm

Post by stormydays »

i've been looking around the internet, yet i cant seem to find any place to buy ZnT novels online.

Does anyone have a source they could share? im looking for volume 14.

I tried amazon, but found nothing. And my next visit to japan is quite far, so im hoping to get a ZnT novel soon.

Appreciate any help.
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

Isapfe
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Isapfe »

stormydays,
You can always try Japanese amazon. As far as I know they can send wares all over the world.
Just type ゼロの使い魔 in the search field there. If the page is fully in Japanese, you may click the "Click here to see in English."
Here is a link to the 19th volume. Scroll the page down to see links to other volumes.
stormydays
Astral Realm

Post by stormydays »

got volume 14 today! quite happy lol.

btw, would it be okay if i post my translations on B-T as i read through the novels? i read kinda slow, but i know my translations are fairly accurate. I will be able to start translating lots and lots by the end of January. Is that ok with Baka-Tsukai? i'd like to try to help.
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

You need to register for a chapter. Also, I think you arent allowed to go for more than 2 chapters, but I don't remember.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Just register and your ready to translate (Registering is for preventing double work)
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
stormydays
Astral Realm

Post by stormydays »

i think i'll do so after my finals so i can devote my time to properly translating a chapter or two. I wouldn't want my work to be shabby :) once i find the time, i'll try my best to make some good translations.

Could someone give me the guidelines for the process of translating? i would go ahead and read the forum topics and whatnot, but in the meantime i would really appreciate if someone could post a nicely summarized set of rules that must be followed.

Return to “Zero no Tsukaima”