volumes 13 and onwards

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Synchro
Astral Realm

Re: volumes 13 and onwards

Post by Synchro »

I still hold hope though, especially for people slowly translating ZnT.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Synchro wrote:I still hold hope though, especially for people slowly translating ZnT.
I wonder who did you ask to?
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
Synchro
Astral Realm

Post by Synchro »

Various groups like Ms, Mf etc, and some personal friends, plus some Fansub groups that I used google to find. x3
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Synchro wrote:Various groups like Ms, Mf etc, and some personal friends, plus some Fansub groups that I used google to find. x3
How about trying RHS?
Kira0802

Synchro
Astral Realm

Post by Synchro »

Never heard of them? Seeing as you actually translate here wouldn't it be better for you to e-mail? You have more experience and can provide information if needed be.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Synchro wrote:Never heard of them? Seeing as you actually translate here wouldn't it be better for you to e-mail? You have more experience and can provide information if needed be.
It's actually the problem here. Since I am ALREADY a member, if I do it, it'll look like that I'm stealing translators. Though before you joined BT, you could technically have done it, since you weren't PART of BT, and thus, it would simply be a light invitation.

I'm currently scouting in some Chinese LN forums. However, I simply give them to KNOW BT, and not to TRANSLATE in BT.
Kira0802

Synchro
Astral Realm

Post by Synchro »

Do you hava a link to this group?
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Synchro wrote:Do you hava a link to this group?
Nah, I was just suggesting something random.

However, maybe you can find some on the MF forums.
Kira0802

Synchro
Astral Realm

Post by Synchro »

Hmm, I already tried the MF forums and got ignored by a couple of people, but I wont give up.

Hells, if this is to get ZnT back up to translation status I will have all the motivation in the world.

Gotta sleep for now as its pretty late, but tomorrow i'll start sending more e-mails out.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Synchro wrote:Hmm, I already tried the MF forums and got ignored by a couple of people, but I wont give up.
I wonder if you have posted there. BTW, I'm a lurker in the MF forums.
Kira0802

Haseo8
Astral Realm

Post by Haseo8 »

Hello, I'm new here and just finished reading Volume 12. The translations will still continue, right? I just started worrying that it might get dropped. I just wanted to see if I can put my worries to rest. It doesn't even need to be a definite answer. I'm just asking.
Poke2201
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Poke2201 »

Well it really depends on the translators.
onizuka-gto wrote:Big Boss was playing with the cosmic forces and forgot to switch the blog database back on.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Haseo8 wrote:Hello, I'm new here and just finished reading Volume 12. The translations will still continue, right? I just started worrying that it might get dropped. I just wanted to see if I can put my worries to rest. It doesn't even need to be a definite answer. I'm just asking.
Kazesenken is continuing it...
Kira0802

Poke2201
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Poke2201 »

Well its only one translator....
onizuka-gto wrote:Big Boss was playing with the cosmic forces and forgot to switch the blog database back on.
HuangJialuo
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by HuangJialuo »

Hi everyone!

I'm actually new to this page and to Zero no Tsukaima. I actually got to it via the anime, but after reading the first two chapters, I've realized that the light novel is so much better and also much more accurate obviously!

Anyway, after checking the updates I've realized it is a very very slow translation process, and I think no one wants to stay halfway thru the story until the end of time, hehe.

I know it has been hard, and you are doing your best (out of the goodness of your hearts too) and I am truly appreciative, but I also think it is not a one man/woman's job. No one person has that amount of time just for this one thing.

We all have things to do besides this, that's obvious and also necessary, but you know, I think we can do something to remedy the situation, or at least try. So, I'm just going to brainstorm here, ok?
  • (1) What if we treated Chapter Translation as teamwork rather than individual work? (I think we would be able to go faster if we could help each other out when translating, or at least divide the work: I'll do pages 215 to 245, you do 245 to 290, if I finish first, I can help you, or start on the next pages, or so.)

(2) What if we could have a status like "100% complete [unedited]" so that people may know that it has been completely translated, but that it has not been edited yet. That way person X can knowingly read an unedited chapter if he wants, but anyone else who wants to wait to read the edited version can wait for it to be edited. (Also, I don't think editing is a one man job either)

(3) There are a lot of people interested in learning japanese that are currently learning it and there are also lots of institutions in the world. What if we were to sort of propose the idea of "translating to polish your Japanese language skill" to students in an institution near were any of us live? I think if we do it right, some may actually say, "hey, why the heck not!". In the end it is a win-win situation right? We get the chapters translated faster, and they get to practice and polish their Japanese language knowledge!
I think we can pull it through!
And by the way, I know you guys are the best of the best, I seriously look up to you, but I think there is always room to improve. I think working as teamwork may bring much more organizational stability than working separately. And it is also much more brotherly like, to work along side someone else, rather than alone on one's computer.

What do you think about this? I know it is much like a dreamer's speech, but hey, I think we can pull it through!
And it may definitely benefit everyone involved!

So how about it?

Thanks.

Juan Carlos

PS: Please forgive me for not respecting any of the forum rules, I'm really not sure where this should have been written. Do you think it is best if I write it in a separate thread?

Return to “Zero no Tsukaima”