volumes 13 and onwards

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

kazesenken
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: volumes 13 and onwards

Post by kazesenken »

I have been trying to work on chap 1 of vol. 13 in my spare time, but that chapter is a beast in terms of technical words. I've been going through it ever so slowly. My motivation level has been kind of low also.

From what I can tell, it seems like the only guidelines to follow are to look at the wiki page for registering for a chapter and also using the established names for certain terms when you translate.
Poke2201
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Poke2201 »

Yeah.

But if you are inactive too long, someone can possibly replace you.
onizuka-gto wrote:Big Boss was playing with the cosmic forces and forgot to switch the blog database back on.
kazesenken
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by kazesenken »

Poke2201 wrote:Yeah.

Well, I'm not totally inactive. I'm just chugging along slowly due to time constraints and lots of long detailed paragraphs. I usually wait until I have a sizable chunk at some break in the chapter to post it. I would say that I have around 30% of chap 1 done.
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

[quote="kazesenken"
Well, I'm not totally inactive. I'm just chugging along slowly due to time constraints and lots of long detailed paragraphs. I usually wait until I have a sizable chunk at some break in the chapter to post it. I would say that I have around 30% of chap 1 done.[/quote]

I meant by 14 months -_-.
onizuka-gto wrote:Big Boss was playing with the cosmic forces and forgot to switch the blog database back on.
Wolfpup
Senior Project Editor

Post by Wolfpup »

kazesenken wrote:
Poke2201 wrote:Yeah.

Well, I'm not totally inactive. I'm just chugging along slowly due to time constraints and lots of long detailed paragraphs. I usually wait until I have a sizable chunk at some break in the chapter to post it. I would say that I have around 30% of chap 1 done.
im glad to see your still around though i wondered where you were.
Always on the hunt for good Anime and their associated Light Novels, Manga. :)
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

Just keep working, and try to update regularly. Thats the advice I can give.
MerrickXasis
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by MerrickXasis »

Not sure if this is fully legal, but pm me for a link that has most (probably all) of the chapters in both Simplified and Traditional Chinese.
Hope that helps any translators who want V13+ and can speak chinese.

Edit: Posting links to raws is illegal.
Last edited by Poke2201 on Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Rules.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

kazesenken wrote:I have been trying to work on chap 1 of vol. 13 in my spare time, but that chapter is a beast in terms of technical words. I've been going through it ever so slowly. My motivation level has been kind of low also.

From what I can tell, it seems like the only guidelines to follow are to look at the wiki page for registering for a chapter and also using the established names for certain terms when you translate.
Well, it is freakin confusining with Romalia and others. That's why I moved to chapter 2 directly.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
Wigwams
Astral Realm

Post by Wigwams »

we just got update. however i believe "Anise" should be "Agnes" right?
kazesenken
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by kazesenken »

Wigwams wrote:we just got update. however i believe "Anise" should be "Agnes" right?

Oopsie, I'll go back and change it at some point. I was having a hard enough time for the other names that I forgot to check the list of names.
That Guy
Astral Realm

Post by That Guy »

Basically what I have noticed by reading older updates from ZnT is that its taken 6 to 7 months to get a full volume completely translated, I'm new to this site so I don't currently know if there is a difference between a volume being finished and a full volume text being finished. My brother came in from Arizona and showed me the Manga version of this series, it only went up to vol. 3 and I was helplessly waiting for more to be made. Thats when I found a post reguarding this site, so far I am greatly interested in the series, but the wait for more is taking a long time. If the pattern I mentioned earlier is correct than the Volume 13 full text version should finally be up sometime in April. I would hope sooner however.
Belegorm
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Belegorm »

That Guy wrote:Basically what I have noticed by reading older updates from ZnT is that its taken 6 to 7 months to get a full volume completely translated, I'm new to this site so I don't currently know if there is a difference between a volume being finished and a full volume text being finished. My brother came in from Arizona and showed me the Manga version of this series, it only went up to vol. 3 and I was helplessly waiting for more to be made. Thats when I found a post reguarding this site, so far I am greatly interested in the series, but the wait for more is taking a long time. If the pattern I mentioned earlier is correct than the Volume 13 full text version should finally be up sometime in April. I would hope sooner however.
ROFL, dude. Different translators move at different speeds. Whoever was translating ZnT before was pretty fast I'd say (though I hadn't really followed the series until a few months ago). Different people have different schedules, some have more free time for translating, others don't. They definitely need more translators though, right now.

So basically, it's completely impossible to tell when vol 13 is going to be finished, pretty much "it's done when it's done." I highly doubt to see it done before june at the earliest, personally.
Sammy
Astral Realm

Post by Sammy »

It's really hard work and time consuming translating from japanese to english I bet.
Baka-tsuki should probably have a donations bar or something to stimulate more translation (yeah I know it's kind of hard to do so since it's a fan based and voluntary project).
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

I need to ask, how does a donations bar help? Unless Big Boss is running this place by himself at a loss of profit..
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Poke2201 wrote:I need to ask, how does a donations bar help? Unless Big Boss is running this place by himself at a loss of profit..
I don't see donations very well unless Big Boss is in need to keep this site alive. You see, money will destroy the wiki ideal.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.

Return to “Zero no Tsukaima”