What has caused/would cause the possible downfall of ZnT?

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

What has caused/would cause the possible downfall of ZnT?

Lack of originality
6%
Never-ending plot
24%
Not enough English novels to read
32%
Anime was not enough good
18%
Others
20%

Total votes: 50

Synchro
Astral Realm

Re: What has caused/would cause the possible downfall of ZnT

Post by Synchro »

All thats left is to try to get the administrator involved in this?
Poke2201
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Poke2201 »

Probably Oni or TLG.
onizuka-gto wrote:Big Boss was playing with the cosmic forces and forgot to switch the blog database back on.
Synchro
Astral Realm

Post by Synchro »

Not sure if how popular this website is right now, but it would be nice if it's popularity boomed, especially if translators started joining or even collaborations happening.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Someone might help. Nothing sure yet.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

Maybe find some diehard ZnT fans and start a revival!
onizuka-gto wrote:Big Boss was playing with the cosmic forces and forgot to switch the blog database back on.
HuangJialuo
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by HuangJialuo »

I left an open invitation for Zero no Tsukaima tv show fans in a Facebook Fan page to become translating contributors. We all know season 4 is not coming /may not be coming in a long while, so it is better if people help translate the LN to english from japanese.

I told them to send me an Inbox if they are interested. If they say yes, I'll send them the link to you guys.

One thing though, this site is legal right? I mean fan translations are legal as long as it is not a paid thing, right? I ask to know if we can promote the website more on facebook fan pages and youtube links, etc. Can that be done?
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

HuangJialuo wrote:ne thing though, this site is legal right? I mean fan translations are legal as long as it is not a paid thing, right? I ask to know if we can promote the website more on facebook fan pages and youtube links, etc. Can that be done?
As long as you promote it using fan-contents. So do not use a copyrighed video or else, then it should be fine. If you simply post links with an AMV without the intention of using the video as a tool for you rown product, it should be fine.

Facebook fan pages and youtube links are legal, I think. Here, we don't hold licenced books.
Kira0802

Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

We already have a facebook group. Also if you want to make BT more known --> viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4490 That topic should be a good place to put ideas.
That Guy
Astral Realm

Post by That Guy »

I'm new to these forums but I found this website from MangaFox actually . . . the scanlation group for the ZnT manga's posted a link to this page and I was lucky to find it. About the "death of ZnT" I can say for sure that certain events seem to be repeated a lot, but they are still good everytime (IMO). I have reread this series at least 3 times now and the story always shows me something new, something I missed before. Like that Julio is Vindalfr (I found that out before looking at the summaries for seasons 13-20), and other things that I don't feel like thinking back to find.

Another thing that makes this series interesting is the hints to actual history in it. Think about it, the Famous King Julio Cesar from ROMEalia (I know that is spelled wrong but I did it to get the point across), the first battle where the Albion Rebels took their first victory at Lexington (think American Revolution: Lexington and Concord), the final battle of the Albion Royalists (the 300 vs 50,000, anyone thinking spartans here?). If you read between the lines you can pick out many details that refer to real life occurances.

Anyway this series always throws something in my face that I missed before and it keeps me interested all the time. So with that: Good Luck! I'll be reading.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

That Guy wrote:Another thing that makes this series interesting is the hints to actual history in it. Think about it, the Famous King Julio Cesar from ROMEalia (I know that is spelled wrong but I did it to get the point across), the first battle where the Albion Rebels took their first victory at Lexington (think American Revolution: Lexington and Concord), the final battle of the Albion Royalists (the 300 vs 50,000, anyone thinking spartans here?). If you read between the lines you can pick out many details that refer to real life occurances.
Didn't go enough deep, as I'm seeing. :D

Louise is actually a real character, the first mistress of King of France, the Roi-Soleil, Louis XIV. Henrietta of England, daughter of Charles the first and Henriette of France (did I switch the Henriettas?) was married to Louis' brother, but unfortunately, that guy was gay.

Oliver Cromwell, no doubts on who he really is. I mean, that Puritan, who doesn't know him?

And BTW, Guiche is is also the son of some important warrior. However, what makes me think is his first encounter with Saito, in ZnT. Do you remember the handerchief? It's exactly what happened in Dumas' The Three Musketeers. It was D'Artagnan in the place of Saito, and Porthos instead of Guiche.

I really get the feeling that this series comes from Dumas.
Kira0802

Isapfe
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Isapfe »

Basically, it's harder to find the name that is not taken from some country's history/mythology.
But alas, Japanese katakana doesn't make it easier to see the reference.
For example,
Spoiler! :
Myoznitnirn (as per Naming Conventions For ZnT) is actually Mjothvitnir from Prophecy of the Völva. There is a link from that wiki-page to an English translation, see numbers 11-12, Gandalf(r) and Vindalf(r) are also there.
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

kira0802 wrote:
That Guy wrote:Another thing that makes this series interesting is the hints to actual history in it. Think about it, the Famous King Julio Cesar from ROMEalia (I know that is spelled wrong but I did it to get the point across), the first battle where the Albion Rebels took their first victory at Lexington (think American Revolution: Lexington and Concord), the final battle of the Albion Royalists (the 300 vs 50,000, anyone thinking spartans here?). If you read between the lines you can pick out many details that refer to real life occurances.
Didn't go enough deep, as I'm seeing. :D

Louise is actually a real character, the first mistress of King of France, the Roi-Soleil, Louis XIV. Henrietta of England, daughter of Charles the first and Henriette of France (did I switch the Henriettas?) was married to Louis' brother, but unfortunately, that guy was gay.

Oliver Cromwell, no doubts on who he really is. I mean, that Puritan, who doesn't know him?

And BTW, Guiche is is also the son of some important warrior. However, what makes me think is his first encounter with Saito, in ZnT. Do you remember the handerchief? It's exactly what happened in Dumas' The Three Musketeers. It was D'Artagnan in the place of Saito, and Porthos instead of Guiche.

I really get the feeling that this series comes from Dumas.
Haha you know a little more about history I see. The point I was trying to say though is that everytime I read the series a new detail pops out at me, I'm always finding something new and still enjoying the old. I don't know maybe that is just me but I really love this series.

Hoping that Volume 13 gets translated soon :(
Idoknow
Astral Realm

Post by Idoknow »

Hehe i thought the same thing! But man, we can't ask better! We still have a very nice beginning of chapters on tome 13! I hope their is still people working through.. I also hope Teh-Ping will help for the translation of ZnT... seriously when my account will be accepted (still having trouble) i will try to learn how it is going and if I see more people working on it, I may consider working on english french translation (my first language is french)!

This post is very interesting!
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

Idoknow wrote:Hehe i thought the same thing! But man, we can't ask better! We still have a very nice beginning of chapters on tome 13! I hope their is still people working through.. I also hope Teh-Ping will help for the translation of ZnT... seriously when my account will be accepted (still having trouble) i will try to learn how it is going and if I see more people working on it, I may consider working on english french translation (my first language is french)!

This post is very interesting!
Ya, "Saito's Decision" was a really interesting chapter, Louise confessed (kinda) and were about to start another adventure.

I'm also hoping that the series still has active translators, but because the only other language I know is Spanish (Only spanish 2 so not even that well . . . my native language is english) I can't really come to realize how hard it must be to translate these texts, so I often become impatient, however theres a guy Scissors from the fOOl Rulez forums that told me a little bit about the difficulties of translating Japanese to english so thats why I have the patience I do. Still, I'm waiting in short breath that the rest of volume 13 will be completed, hopefully soon :D

But good work to the crew so far!
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Off-topic, but please don't disable the BBCode when you post. Quotes function wouldn't work. You just need to un-check the "Disable BBCode" below th button 'preview'.
Kira0802

Return to “Zero no Tsukaima”