About editing...

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

chrono732
Astral Realm

About editing...

Post by chrono732 »

I want to ask, since I'm a frequent reader of ZnT, I sometimes copy the text into a Word file, and most of the time, I get many grammatical errors. I want to ask if I could edit them?
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: About editing...

Post by Mystes »

chrono732 wrote:I want to ask, since I'm a frequent reader of ZnT, I sometimes copy the text into a Word file, and most of the time, I get many grammatical errors. I want to ask if I could edit them?
I don't see the priblem here. Though many are proper nouns or such.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
carj
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by carj »

well just to note that it happens to me a lot when im making the PDFs but somehow most of the time the words are right, dunno why word mark them.

as for sentences mistakes (green underline) happens a lot more than anything else xD but the sentence makes sense, since english is not my first language i cant tell so you might want to ask if there's really a mistake there before changing it
Hiyono
Shamisen Wordsmith

Post by Hiyono »

It goes without saying that Word's grammar checking is procedural, and pays absolutely no attention to context. Add in the fact that English grammar doesn't make any sense (semi-colon anyone?), and you have lots of green lines in a perfectly good document. Not that I'm saying there aren't any errors (grammar aside, there are quite a few awkwardly phrased lines), just that the rate of false positives is high.
In any case, I'm pretty sure the answer is "have at it." It's a wiki after all. Just make sure you're actually making "corrections" and not just "changes."
"There is always an easy solution to every problem - neat, plausible and wrong." H.L. Mencken (1971)
Wolfpup
Senior Project Editor

Post by Wolfpup »

Yes helping with corrections is a good thing. Like others have said it is a wiki after all. :D
Always on the hunt for good Anime and their associated Light Novels, Manga. :)

Return to “Zero no Tsukaima”