Volume 14 Chapter 3 Done

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Ariana
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Volume 14 Chapter 3 Done

Post by Ariana »

Chapter 3 of Volume 14 has been completely translated. A couple things sound off, and admittedly, I didn't do all that much proofreading.

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... 4_Chapter3

This was translated from Chinese. Along with my low vocabulary for the language, I can't vouch for the accuracy of my translations. Some things that I've found particularly odd are noted as hidden notes throughout the chapter. I haven't marked anything that might possibly be inaccurate, though. There are probably quite a few, if not more, glaring mistranslations in there.

I'd love it if someone could do some editing on the chapter.

And special thanks to Kira for his help on a couple of terms in this chapter.

But otherwise, please enjoy.
Last edited by Ariana on Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silimir
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Volume 14 Chapter 3 Done

Post by Silimir »

In only 3 days!!!!! Only one word... WAW! Reading it right now :D
Are you thinking of continuing? If yes, (which I hope so =P ) I recommend you to speak with Kira... there's a lot of chapters in volume 13 that seems to not move.. you should ask him! If you need raws I can send you what I have!

Once again, thank you!
Last edited by Silimir on Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ariana
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Ariana »

I just had a lot of free time these three days and was translating an easy chapter. In the version I'm translating from, Japanese katakana is mixed into Chapter 4. It's a considerably difficult chapter too, thus I'm skipping over to chapter five. (Then again, the hardest portion of each chapter to translate is usually the start. That's where you get the chunky paragraphs.) Working on it already, but I probably won't finish it at the speed of the chapter 3.
Spoiler! :
And as far as I'm concerned, part 1 of that is mostly about Louise as a nun. I imagine the same for the rest of the chapter.
Then again, who knows.

Since many of those chapters are unregistered, as long as I provide 1 kB for one of those, I believe that I can register.
larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

Kira became a she :lol:
Ariana
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Ariana »

Oops. I suppose Kira is a he, then? I'll go edit my posts.

My bad. I was somehow under the impression that Kira was female. Might be his lovely avatar. I kid.
greatsense
Astral Realm

Post by greatsense »

why don't you do translate the chapter 4 too, idon't think the one registrate to translate it will do it pleas do it so we don't have to jump a chapter when read this awesome story thank u
guest0
Astral Realm

Post by guest0 »

[quote="Ariana"]Oops. I suppose Kira is a he, then? I'll go edit my posts.

My bad. I was somehow under the impression that Kira was female. Might be his lovely avatar. [size=50]I kid.[/size][/quote]
pliss translate chapter 4 too so w don't have to jump a chapter to read it
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

larethian wrote:Kira became a she :lol:
Don't mind. I remember using he for Brynhilde and Hikari. Ahh...Karma. :lol:
Ariana wrote:Oops. I suppose Kira is a he, then? I'll go edit my posts.

My bad. I was somehow under the impression that Kira was female. Might be his lovely avatar. I kid.
Reminds me that I'll need to change it.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
larethian
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

guest0 wrote:

wah? then I'll be so goddamn female. :lol:
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Weren't you one, Lare? jk. :lol:
Kira0802

Silimir
Project Translator

Post by Silimir »

I did the same mistake... I thought you were a girl because Kira is a girl in the knight of emerald..

I have a little question to a japanese person... how much Japanese kanjis do you think you know? I found that japanese has test name Kanken and their is lv like lv10 you must know there 80 specific symbol: 一 二 三 四 五 六  七 八 九 十 百 千  上 下 左 右 中 大  小 月 日 年 早 木  林 山 川 土 空 田  天 生 花 草 虫 犬  人 名 女 男 子 目  耳 口 手 足 見 音  力 気 円 入 出 立  休 先 夕 本 文 字  学 校 村 町 森 正  水 火 玉 王 石 竹  糸 貝 車 金 雨 赤  青 白
How much kanjis is it require to be able to read these light novel... their is also katakana and hiragana but they seems to be easier to learn because their is less..
I will learn japanese language with rosetta stone but since I still don't have it, i'm trying to learn the symbol.. ever if a friend told me that it's better to learn the meaning of the word in romanji first!

Thanks!
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

@SImilir Kira is from DN. Though you actually read Anne Robillard's work? In French? (So did I)

The kanjis shown should be very, very basic ones. For a Chinese guy like me, they are all understandable. I think there are way more kanjis than this...and the damn pronounciation is too difficult...
Kira0802

Ariana
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Ariana »

guest0 wrote:

I do apologize for that. I'm considerably weak in Chinese, and I've mentioned that I chapter 4 strikes me as a pretty hard chapter. I can give it a try in a bit, but right now, I've decided to work on chapter 5, an easier chapter to translate. Sorry about that. I hope you could bear with me.
Silimir wrote:I did the same mistake... I thought you were a girl because Kira is a girl in the knight of emerald..

I have a little question to a japanese person... how much Japanese kanjis do you think you know? I found that japanese has test name Kanken and their is lv like lv10 you must know there 80 specific symbol: 一 二 三 四 五 六  七 八 九 十 百 千  上 下 左 右 中 大  小 月 日 年 早 木  林 山 川 土 空 田  天 生 花 草 虫 犬  人 名 女 男 子 目  耳 口 手 足 見 音  力 気 円 入 出 立  休 先 夕 本 文 字  学 校 村 町 森 正  水 火 玉 王 石 竹  糸 貝 車 金 雨 赤  青 白
How much kanjis is it require to be able to read these light novel... their is also katakana and hiragana but they seems to be easier to learn because their is less..
I will learn japanese language with rosetta stone but since I still don't have it, i'm trying to learn the symbol.. ever if a friend told me that it's better to learn the meaning of the word in romanji first!

Thanks!
Wow....that's level 10 Kanji? Less than I thought. Pretty basic/understandable Kanji up there for most part (That could be just me, being someone that uses Chinese), but considering how I'm translating from Chinese, I have no idea how much kanji there is.

As for the avatar, nah, it's actually because of the fact that I once had an online friend that used the name Kira. And no surprise, that Kira was a she. I was joking when I said that, even if avatars do contribute to impressions.
larethian
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

in Kanji Kantei, level 10 is the easiest level that tests grade 1 Japanese kanji. Unlike JLPT, there is also writing involved. It is said that level 1 is so difficult that only slightly more than 10% pass.

@Silimir while kanji is definitely important, it is not the only thing needed to read light novels. you need a decent amount of grammar. in fact for simple light novels, there are many furigana, so you need to know more vocab rather than kanji (which is of course still important) if you don't want to check the dictionary every line.
Silimir
Project Translator

Post by Silimir »

It is said that furigana are made to help youngest that are not as good as adults to read.. and they are written in hiragana (sometime in katakana).. That's great! it will be easier to learn japanese language one day! On wikipedia, all the kanji needed to be known at each lv are written.. lv9=240kanjis, lv8=440kanjis, lv7=640kanjis, lv6=825kanjis, lv5=1006kanjis.... I personally think that with 600-700kanjis maybe 1000kanjis it will be probably be enough to read a light novel... +katakana and hiragana...

Grammar isn't so hard to learn..it's almost the same construction in a sentence depending of the key word used..

@Kira: Yea I read all the volumes of Anne Robillard's Knight of Emerald serie... + i'm reading the following of her first serie Les héritiers d'enkidiev(french meaning)

@Ariana: Just read tome14 chapter5 (25%).. it's very good! Just one little mistake:
Spoiler! :
“Sorry, sorry. I understand how you want you protect your master. Especially during this kind of chaos. Very few people use this kind of "odd system" of magic. It would be terrible if the Balliag knew. Why don't you tell me when you you feel like it. “
You double the word you...=D

Did you know that you have already 1,658 views in 2days and less for your chapter 3!

Return to “Zero no Tsukaima”