Volume 14 Chapter 5 Done

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Ariana
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Volume 14 Chapter 5 Done

Post by Ariana »

My apologies for spamming the forum with chapter completion topics.

Chapter 5 is officially complete. Not edited, but completely translated. (Not that I will bother editing. Sorry for increasing your workload, editors.)

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... 4_Chapter5

Every now and then something seems very off with the Chinese version that I'm translating. I'm translating from an online source. Simplified characters. It seems quite erroneous and inconsistent at times.

The accuracy of the first half is probably worst than the later half, since I switched to an online Chinese-English dictionary around half way, as opposed to using Google as a word/phrase dictionary.

I've got no idea about how accurate "Bass Tres" is, along with a couple of other things. A couple of notes from me are hidden inside text. "Valiag" actually sounds closer to Balliag in this chapter, but I've changed it to Valiag, since it seems to be the 'Waliag" from Chapter 3. From the context, it sounds like they are talking about the same thing.

Regardless, please enjoy!
hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Volume 14 Chapter 5 Done

Post by hobogunner »

Ariana wrote:My apologies for spamming the forum with chapter completion topics.

Regardless, please enjoy!
I'll become an editor if you finish these things that quickly, and I'm only 20% done with my chapter translation. :lol:

Feel free to Spam the forum with "Chapter Completed" topics as much as you want, I love to hear them being done. [I check the wiki though, so it doesn't matter to me too much.)

Thank you for your insanely fast job, I'm sure all us ZnT fans are rejoicing.
Maybe this is just too fast, too real -Stay Close, Parabelle
Snails see the benefits, the beauty in every inch -Snails, The Format
You thought you could find happiness just over that green hill; you thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still
-Learn To Be Still, The Eagles
Ariana
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Ariana »

The speed isn't insane. If it were, I would be in a asylum. XD

And you're working on a ZnT chapter, Hobogunner? Which one, may I ask?

As for editing, if you wish to, I'd very much appreciate it. Please beware of jarring translation errors, though. I'm aiming to finish a chapter this weekend, but who knows if I'll actually accomplish that. Grammar can be a bit awkward, and I don't proofread my translation work all that much, but it should be readable regardless. (Not broken English, that is.)
hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by hobogunner »

I'm translating Baka-test. (Though, I dunno if I'll do more than a chapter, because my translation speed is insanely slow.)

I can certainly edit it, but I can't read the native Japanese writing (without excruciating pain, and a lot of guessing :roll: ), so I can't really compare your translations with the true meaning, I can simply do the basic "This sounds like a better sentence." and misspelling. :?

If that still sounds good for you, then yeah, I can read pretty quickly and have a bunch of freetime (I don't translate much. :oops: ), it would probably only take me an hour (maybe) to edit a whole chapter.
Maybe this is just too fast, too real -Stay Close, Parabelle
Snails see the benefits, the beauty in every inch -Snails, The Format
You thought you could find happiness just over that green hill; you thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still
-Learn To Be Still, The Eagles
Wolfpup
Senior Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Wolfpup »

Well that is what those of us are here for that are project editors. We can help you with punctuation and spelling especially those of us that use browsers that have built in spell checking. :lol: :P
Always on the hunt for good Anime and their associated Light Novels, Manga. :)
Silimir
Project Translator

Post by Silimir »

Thanks Aniana :D

Hum I have tome 13 to 18 but I think they are in japanese... seriously really not sure... if it could help ask me
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Terminology needs to be discussed...

Ah, and Silimir (or do I need to call you by your other usename?), can I have the RAWS for the Japanese version for this chapter? I could check the kanas.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
Silimir
Project Translator

Post by Silimir »

Sure kira! wait I send you a pm about them( in french =P)
That Guy
Astral Realm

Post by That Guy »

Wow, you are fast! I really want to read it but I don't want to read out of order. Still waiting for "Aboard the Ostland" to finish :(
Ariana
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Ariana »

That Guy wrote:Wow, you are fast! I really want to read it but I don't want to read out of order. Still waiting for "Aboard the Ostland" to finish :(
I'm afraid that I can't help you with that. I'm working on Volume 14 Chapter 4 right now, but I don't think that I'm about to request to finish off someone else's work anytime soon. My apologies for that.

On a different note, sorry for anyone expecting a chapter last weekend. I got a bit busy.
Silimir
Project Translator

Post by Silimir »

He Aria (or ari or do you want I keep it Aniana), don't have to apologize, they can w8!
If you think about continuing someone's else job, just ask which one to Kira. Except for kazesenken, who told us not to touch it, it seems the others were left for someone to continue..
kazesenken
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by kazesenken »

Silimir wrote:He Aria (or ari or do you want I keep it Aniana), don't have to apologize, they can w8!
If you think about continuing someone's else job, just ask which one to Kira. Except for kazesenken, who told us not to touch it, it seems the others were left for someone to continue..
I didn't exactly say that. I just won't get around to doing it until mid November. If anyone wants to finish it up before then, they are free to. Just let me know of the change.
Silimir
Project Translator

Post by Silimir »

Right now, I need to find a software that can do the job: Pdf to Word converter but in japanese... still looking... if someone know something, please tell me!

@kazesenken: Excuse me! Thought....but for now, not sure someone will continue the job of someone else!
kazesenken
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by kazesenken »

Silimir wrote:Right now, I need to find a software that can do the job: Pdf to Word converter but in japanese... still looking... if someone know something, please tell me!

@kazesenken: Excuse me! Thought....but for now, not sure someone will continue the job of someone else!
Wait, did you need a text version of any of the chapters? I can send them to you in a PM.
Silimir
Project Translator

Post by Silimir »

Right now I'm looking for a way to transfer my pdf's text into word text so I may be able to use google translation them, modify them and maybe ask a friend to look at them..

Not any text in particular, but sure if I still can't find an answer on google or asking to people, I may ask for a chapter ^^

Return to “Zero no Tsukaima”