Worst possible ending?

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Xeones
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Worst possible ending?

Post by Xeones »

I've seen a couple posts on the forum where people talked about how they think the novel should end. Although that's as interesting discussion, I thought it would be funny to see what you guys think that would be the worst possible ending for Zero no Tsukaima. I mean, an ending so bad that it would make you stack the books in a pile and burn them. I'll start...

For me, it would be something like this: "After all the troubles and adventures that they experienced, Saito and (insert the girl you like here) finally admit theirs feelings, in public, for each other, bla bla bla, they're going to get married and live happily ever after. At their wedding cerymony, the priest says the "oh so waited" -You may kiss the bride-... After Saito kisses (insert girl here), he suddenly open his eyes... all that he sees are a white roof and lots of people around him.

He finally notices that he is in a hospital... a doctor approaches him and explains that he was in a coma. The green mirror-like object that he saw in volume 1 (wich was the portal that transported him do Halkeginia) was actually an hallucination caused by a brain aneurysm (or some other thing like that) wich made him pass out on the street and led him into that comatose. In short... everything he experienced was nothing but a dream he had during the time he was in a hospital bed.
"

If Yamaguchi ended the novel with something like this, I probably would buy a plane ticket to Japan just to beat the crap out of him and make him rewrite the ending (ok... I wouldn't do that, but I'd still be really pissed).
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Worst possible ending?

Post by Mystes »

That's against the laws of writting.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
Silimir
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Silimir »

WARHHHHHH, BAD BAD ENDING!!!!!! WOULD BE SOOOOOO ANGRY
Doraneko
Project Translator

Post by Doraneko »

Xeones wrote:He finally notices that he is in a hospital... a doctor approaches him and explains that he was in a coma. The green mirror-like object that he saw in volume 1 (wich was the portal that transported him do Halkeginia) was actually an hallucination caused by a brain aneurysm (or some other thing like that) wich made him pass out on the street and led him into that comatose. In short... everything he experienced was nothing but a dream he had during the time he was in a hospital bed."

If Yamaguchi ended the novel with something like this, I probably would buy a plane ticket to Japan just to beat the crap out of him and make him rewrite the ending (ok... I wouldn't do that, but I'd still be really pissed).
Yamaguchi himself has been struggling with pancreatic cancer (the 1- and 5-year relative survival rates are 25% and 6%) for years and is almost in that condition. As long as he manages to wrap up the story before biting the dust, I won't complain about any kind of ending he is going to write.
My light novel review blog: ラノなの!@ novel.co.nr
Silimir
Project Translator

Post by Silimir »

I do not think he's the kinda person to fail an ending... but seriously, 12 episodes sor season 4.... WACK
Xeones
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Xeones »

Actually he already had the surgery and it was a sucess (according to his own posts on twitter at least), he's now recovering from the operation and will continue with the drug treatmente... but according to the doctor his prognosis is good and the surgery removed most (if not all) the cancer. I'm sure that we all wish he makes a full recovery and can live a long and [s]prosper[/s] happy life.

Seriously, only 12 episodes? I thought it was going to be something like 25... at least. How the hell they're gonna compile 10+ novels in just 12 episodes?
Doraneko
Project Translator

Post by Doraneko »

Last week he was readmitted to hospital again, saying that there was something he wished to to write but apologized that his body was not ready. It was only a few hours ago that he left the hospital, but he said he was too tired and wanted to lie down and have a rest.

His highly fatal pancreatic cancer was discovered at a pretty late stage and medically speaking it is close to impossible for him to be fully cured. Normally successful surgeries would only prolong his life, and he is prone to be again in a serious condition any time.

Maybe I am too much of a pessimist, but having read Narcissu certainly doesn't help. :(
My light novel review blog: ラノなの!@ novel.co.nr
YoakeNoHikari
Project Translator

Post by YoakeNoHikari »

The visual novel made me rage to unknown heights.
Even eternity can be encased in ice.
Xeones
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Xeones »

Doraneko wrote:Maybe I am too much of a pessimist, but having read Narcissu certainly doesn't help. :(
Yeah... probably. The best one can do is always hope for the best... One of my favorite quotes is from Jesse Jackson and goes like this: "Hold your head high, stick your chest out. You can make it. It gets dark sometimes, but morning comes. Keep hope alive". Even the doctors say that a positive attitude is one of the keys for a good recovery, the last someone should do is "give up" on his/her and let the illness wins. And I say that with the confidence of someone who has been in a critical condition in hospital bed...

Miracles DO happen, every day.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Pancreatic cancer...what was Steve Jobs' disease again?
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
Xeones
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Xeones »

I think it was pancreatic cancer too... but there are a lot of forms of this disease, I don't know if it's the same strain.

Edit:
hexagonzero ヤマグチノボル
退院してきたけど、だるいので早々に横になるの巻。
há 14 horas
I just saw this on twitter... I had to use an on-line translation to understand, but aparently he's been discharged. It sure would be nice if someone who reads japanese kept us updated on his condition.
Silimir
Project Translator

Post by Silimir »

Without having read narcissu... I know I would hate it... it seems too sad... :(
cboy123
Temporal Time Variant Entity

Post by cboy123 »

Xeones wrote:I've seen a couple posts on the forum where people talked about how they think the novel should end. Although that's as interesting discussion, I thought it would be funny to see what you guys think that would be the worst possible ending for Zero no Tsukaima. I mean, an ending so bad that it would make you stack the books in a pile and burn them. I'll start...

For me, it would be something like this: "After all the troubles and adventures that they experienced, Saito and (insert the girl you like here) finally admit theirs feelings, in public, for each other, bla bla bla, they're going to get married and live happily ever after. At their wedding cerymony, the priest says the "oh so waited" -You may kiss the bride-... After Saito kisses (insert girl here), he suddenly open his eyes... all that he sees are a white roof and lots of people around him.

He finally notices that he is in a hospital... a doctor approaches him and explains that he was in a coma. The green mirror-like object that he saw in volume 1 (wich was the portal that transported him do Halkeginia) was actually an hallucination caused by a brain aneurysm (or some other thing like that) wich made him pass out on the street and led him into that comatose. In short... everything he experienced was nothing but a dream he had during the time he was in a hospital bed.
"

And in the hospital bed... there was a nurse tending Saito... and the girl resembled Loiuse but without her memory (of course)
^
Classic ending. :D
I maybe stupid... But A BRILLIANT PERSON CANNOT OUTDUMB the stupid
Silimir
Project Translator

Post by Silimir »

god this is too depressing =\

There would be her mother so happy and I would be.... dammit could he also loose memory of her...
cboy123
Temporal Time Variant Entity

Post by cboy123 »

Silimir wrote:god this is too depressing =\

There would be her mother so happy and I would be.... dammit could he also loose memory of her...
Whoa.... Hahahaha... I Loled at this
I maybe stupid... But A BRILLIANT PERSON CANNOT OUTDUMB the stupid

Return to “Zero no Tsukaima”