[Spoilers] Differences with LN and Anime

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

cboy123
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

[Spoilers] Differences with LN and Anime

Post by cboy123 »

NOTE: IMPORTANT. This tread is a "TREAD SPOILER" if you don't want to spoil your birthday cake I mean your expectations to the two, do NOT open the Spoiling Tab
Secondly, for those who will share their catches, please put the spoiler tab so that it won't spoil some of us here.

Since we all know that the anime is very VERY different from Light Novels I would like to list their differences.
Although I never read the whole novel, but I could notice the differences between the two (BTW, No Table Tab? Men, this is very heavy.
Anime:
Spoiler! :
#1: The Fairies' Inn was shown in episode 7 after Forquet was captured
#2: Saito brought only himself with his cloth
#3: Waldo (right?) died (maybe) on the episode 13 where Albion attacked Tristian
#4: The hell with the laptop... He didn't bring it
#5: When asked Osman (right?) about the staff of destruction, Colbert was inside the room
#6: Saito REALLY fought the 70,000 men of Albion army (which was very awesome)
#7: Karin of the Heavy Wind was just a guest
#8: The one that defeat Jörmungand was an ammo of an artillery gun imbued with Dispel magic
#9: Louise didn't even do a thing rather than crying in her bed when Saito went "KIA"
#10: Cromwell died in Tristian prison
#11: No family meetings for Louise after the co. rescued Tabitha (Charlotte)
#12: Tiffania come with Saito and his friends about he was Gandalf again
Light Novels:
Spoiler! :
#1: The Fairies' Inn was shown after the company defeated the animated Wales
#2: Saito also brought out his laptop
#3: Waldo didn't die... just suffer major snitches and bruises
#4: Saito's laptop was the major thing that bring the story in volumes 13 and 14 in fan-fantasy
#5: Colbert was ordered to get out of the room
#6: He swung his sword, dodged some attacks, and only targets commanding officials of the army
#7: I was freakin out seeing Louise scared in front of her mother
#8: Explosion defeated Jörmungand which was unbelievable with its elven shield
#9: Louise together with Seista traveled to Albion to search Saito
#10: Woah, was that a cannonball shower? Cromwell died when his headquarters was bombard with her "friendly" ally, Gallia
#11: Reverse it. You got a family meeting.
#12: Tiffania come with Saito and his friends after they rescued Tabitha
Last edited by cboy123 on Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I maybe stupid... But A BRILLIANT PERSON CANNOT OUTDUMB the stupid
Silimir
Project Translator

Re: [Spoilers] Differences with LN and Anime

Post by Silimir »

Warning: Contains some elements of volume 13-18 that you may not know... also, talking about what's up in season 4
Spoiler! :
Indeed these are all differences that we can find between the anime and the LN... and there is more... like tiffany (who she met Henrietta, when she goes to the academy the first time = in LN, it's after Tabitha's rescue)... and now we have how the fight against Gallia turns (so much better in the LN, thanks to Wildk =P)

I personnaly prefer the LN:

1:Saito's fighting the 70,000 men (looks mere intense in the book, even if the song I say yes (weeding version) was making it look sooooo great!)
2: Louise and Siesta going to find Saito after the fight

And the most important at all: on volume 10-11, Saito and Louise playing the game of the cat and the dog (Saito wants to show Louise that he's not manipulate by her and want her to really say that SHE loves him and Louise ready to confess her love and "do it" =P)

2 points I hope we will see before the end of season 4 in the anime that you mention:
1. Waldo may come back in episode 5 or 6 of season 4 (sorry can't say more)
2. The most important and that make another time the LN so special: Saito, Louise and co. going back at Louise's house... re meeting the parents of Louise (love their reaction about Saito and Louise in the book ^^), their reaction when they learn about Louise being a void user and Henrietta/Louise/Cattleya night conversation about love and about Saito...

Point 2 may come back (i hope so) maybe episode 5 because episode 4 (this week)... Louise and Saito will finally get extremely close to each other (hum in many ways...) =P ,they will go find a house where they could live together and Saito receives a nice tittle: Saito Chevalier De Hiraga Des Ornières
cboy123

Post by cboy123 »

Silimir wrote:Warning: Contains some elements of volume 13-18 that you may not know... also, talking about what's up in season 4
Spoiler! :
Indeed these are all differences that we can find between the anime and the LN... and there is more... like tiffany (who she met Henrietta, when she goes to the academy the first time = in LN, it's after Tabitha's rescue)... and now we have how the fight against Gallia turns (so much better in the LN, thanks to Wildk =P)

I personnaly prefer the LN:

1:Saito's fighting the 70,000 men (looks mere intense in the book, even if the song I say yes (weeding version) was making it look sooooo great!)
2: Louise and Siesta going to find Saito after the fight

And the most important at all: on volume 10-11, Saito and Louise playing the game of the cat and the dog (Saito wants to show Louise that he's not manipulate by her and want her to really say that SHE loves him and Louise ready to confess her love and "do it" =P)

2 points I hope we will see before the end of season 4 in the anime that you mention:
1. Waldo may come back in episode 5 or 6 of season 4 (sorry can't say more)
2. The most important and that make another time the LN so special: Saito, Louise and co. going back at Louise's house... re meeting the parents of Louise (love their reaction about Saito and Louise in the book ^^), their reaction when they learn about Louise being a void user and Henrietta/Louise/Cattleya night conversation about love and about Saito...

Point 2 may come back (i hope so) maybe episode 5 because episode 4 (this week)... Louise and Saito will finally get extremely close to each other (hum in many ways...) =P ,they will go find a house where they could live together and Saito receives a nice tittle: Saito Chevalier De Hiraga Des Ornières
Yep
Spoiler! :

I could really have an animated video to that scene.
Silimir
Project Translator

Post by Silimir »

COULD HAVE BEEN SOOOOOOO GOOOOODDDDD HAVING IT ON ANIME!!!!!!!
cboy123

Post by cboy123 »

Silimir wrote:COULD HAVE BEEN SOOOOOOO GOOOOODDDDD HAVING IT ON ANIME!!!!!!!
AGREE with you!!!! Damn it! THEY CHANGE THE WHOLE SUBJECT!
Xeones
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Xeones »

DAMN! I want to read this topic so bad... but I would never forgive myself if I spoiled the events in the LN. :lol:
cboy123

Post by cboy123 »

Xeones wrote:DAMN! I want to read this topic so bad... but I would never forgive myself if I spoiled the events in the LN. :lol:
Good thing there is a SPOILER Tags
Ender
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Ender »

So, I've read the LN up to the volume 13 epilogue, and I decided while I wait for it to be translated to start watching the anime. So far I've only watched the first season, but I have to say I'm pretty disappointed with how different it is and how much they left out. Was it really that impossible to try to stick closer to the story? I know it's probably unreasonable to expect them to include every little detail from the books, but I really don't like some of the changes they made, and I feel that Saito and Louise are a lot less close in the anime than in the books.

Before, I was thinking I would probably just watch all of the anime, but now I really don't want to watch past what I've read because it will spoil it with a worse version of what's in the novels, and I'd rather read it first there....Anyways, looks like I can't really get my ZnT fix while waiting for the translations now :(

Return to “Zero no Tsukaima”