Volume 21 and 22

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Silimir
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Volume 21 and 22

Post by Silimir »

This post was made for the one who wish to talk about the two last volume of the LN that aren't out yet. It's already been since 18 months that volume 20 was released. As you may all know, the author Noboro Yamaguchi was diagnosed with cancer while he was writing volume 21. Even if it was bad, the surgery he got worked and he's now resting. He then announced to his fans that he would only write two move books.

Here is a note written by Noboro Yamaguchi on July or August of 2011:

"To my dear readers,
Thank you all for being so kind as to await my humble works. I would like to report on the progress of my illness.

In February I fell ill, and was diagnosed with cancer. As the cancer’s progress was unexpectedly fast, it was considered impossible to operate to remove it. Instead, I was put on a course of anticancer drugs. Around May, I was also diagnosed with gallstones. During abdominal surgery to remove these, it was fortunately confirmed that the cancer had shrunk. The anticancer drug treatment was continued, and a few days ago during my admission to hospital for treatment, it was determined that it is now possible to operate. This operation is scheduled for the beginning of August. As for Zero no Tsukaima 21, which I am currently writing, due to the circumstances above its August release has become difficult to sustain. I hope expectant readers will forgive this unpardonable lapse. The structure of the remaining Zero no Tsukaima volumes was already planned from volume 20 – I shall endeavour to complete the remaining 2 volumes as soon as the operation has succeeded and I have recovered my health. I hope you will be kind enough to grant me your understanding, Noboru Yamaguchi"

This is the last thing we know about a possible volume 21 and 22. The official website (japanese web site) do not mention about a possible complete recover nor a possible new volume upcoming. Any thought?
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Volume 21 and 22

Post by Mystes »

Cancer is something you can't really recover from. Very complex and it ain't a cold.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
ChickenSoup
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ChickenSoup »

according to anime news network... he was readmitted to hospital december last year. Was looking around for any news on his current status but havent found anything...
mmm hope hes recovering well :(
Wizzie
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Wizzie »

I don't know japanese but sometimes I visit his twitter just to see if he posted something new.. it relieves me :roll:
He actually posts something almost ereryday, and from what I can understant from the google translator, he seems normal so no wories

Also, the other day I came across this post on another forum:
Author Yamaguchi Noboru posted on his Twitter that he has been writing Zero no Tsukaima novel while under treatment for the terminal cancer. He disclosed the illness last July and took a surgery last August. He said he lost his hair due to the side effect of the anti-cancer drugs. The side effect of the drugs prevents him from writing for two-thirds of the month and he works slowly during the rest of the month. He said he wondered if it's better to stop writing the novel because he could not work with his full strength but he decided to deliver the novel to the readers since that's the only thing he can do and that's his everything.

Source: Yamaguchi's Twitter account
It was created last month so as far as I know, things are slowly progressing
M.A.D
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by M.A.D »

I see... Thank you for sharing that with us.
Silimir
Project Translator

Post by Silimir »

So he was readmited at the hospital. That's a really bad news. Let's hope he will recover. His kind of decease is usually hard to cure. Thanks also for the tweeter infos.
Kamijou Jon
Vice Commander Itsuki

Post by Kamijou Jon »

Well, we'll discuss in another post of ZnT, but according to his twitter, just returned from Hawaii, as well as I said before, is living the crazy life after seeing death so closely.

I checked your twitter every day and every day says something about food, about his travels, about places of interest, on the weapons you like. Once in a while says of his cancer and about the books ...

I remember once commented on the LatinAmerican, who suffer from drug trafficking and plan to visit the Amazon ... Me, I'm Latino, I'm honored that you remember us or that we consider.

Greetings!
Silimir
Project Translator

Post by Silimir »

indeed a lot of talk about food ;)
Wizzie
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Wizzie »

Abaout one hour ago, the author finnaly posted in his twitter updates about Zero no Tsukaima!!!!! :D
But the google translator doesn't help much... :s
If someone could tell what he's saying, it would be much apreciated :)
おはようおはよう。最近は9時ぐらいにはもう眠くなってしまうので、朝の四時とか五時に起きてます。魚屋さんかっちゅーの。

あと、時間が相当かかりましたが、『ゼロの使い魔』の終わりまでの流れというかプロットが完成しました。あとは一気に書くだけ。病気のこともあるけど、ほんと時間かかったな。年内に、せめて一冊は出せるように頑張ります。今は体調いいんでね。がんばりたい。

年内ってもう九月じゃん! さすがに厳しいか。来年初頭には……。ごめんね。ほんとに頑張るから。

なんでこんなに時間がかかるかというと、書くためにはすごい集中して、煮詰めて煮詰めてやっと書けるようになるのですが、その段階に持っていくために結構時間がかかるのですね。

でも、病気しちゃうとなかなか集中のための時間が取れない。投薬期間とか挟んじゃうと、それまで貯めた集中とか頭のなかに構築した流れとかが一気にどっかにいってしまう。でもってまた一からやり直しになる。旅行とか趣味とかにも時間使ったけど、逆に言えばそれぐらいしかできなかった。

でも、最近やっとこの体調との付き合い方がわかってきたような気がする。”与えられたものでやる”という基本が見えてきた気がする。だからがんばりますよ。そんじゃ犬の漫才師に戻ってがんばります。シーユーレイターレイター。
RonnieCorny
Senior Project Editor

Post by RonnieCorny »

hi,

basically, the author says that the novel should be completed within 1 year (september next year) due to difficulties in concentrating due to his health... the plot is already completed and so it's just writing it out that will take time...

rgds,

- ron
wildk
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by wildk »

Challenge Accepted! 8)
You are who you see you are.
Silimir
Project Translator