ZNT translation desperately need additional translators!

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

KamiKyu wrote:Maybe i can help too... I'm starting studying japanese...

I wanna help, because i love ZnT!!!

If you need, i have all novels (but no 13).
thanks for your interests kamikyu,

we welcome all help here, but since you mentioned you are just beginning, just make sure you have the confidence in your ability to commit to doing at leased one chapter.

if you have doubts, then i suggest you hold up for now, and just help edit the current chapters.

Don't want you to get over-whelmed, which quite is common with you new baka's rushing into things, before tripping. :roll:

but if you think you can handle all the internet fame and stalking from readers, we welcome you with open arms.....like a wolf in grandma pyjamas....

:wink:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
KamiKyu
Astral Realm

Post by KamiKyu »

you're right.

Meanwhile I anxiously follow your translations. :D
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Thanks for helping out, while it'll take some time for people to accept the questionable quality from Machine translation, others will take what they can.

And i hope that we can do the best we can with what we get, like starving little orphans that we are, as long as people know which scripts are the orphans per-sa. ;)

hopefully these preview scripts will spur some interest with human translators to give us a hand and help bring a more clearer translations of our favourite series.

but be warned, must raws are not in text, majority of them are in images file format, so unless you have a Optical Character Recognition software for Asian languages it will be difficult to find one in text format.

hence one of the flaws of machine translators... :(
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
KamiKyu
Astral Realm

Post by KamiKyu »

I have them as image version... but i can convert it with an ocr program (that i have :) )

If I can make myself useful...
KamiKyu
Astral Realm

Post by KamiKyu »

onizuka-gto wrote: but be warned, must raws are not in text, majority of them are in images file format, so unless you have a Optical Character Recognition software for Asian languages it will be difficult to find one in text format.
I have it, and it's so good! :wink:
Momogan
Astral Realm

Post by Momogan »

I have all the japanese text files if anyone wants them. The chinese versions can be found on various forums, a simple google search will find them (零之使魔 第四卷 nets me plenty of results). On another note, i have been busy lately + volume 4 and 5 are quite boring, but i will work on it once i have more time.
Vaelis
Yuki Elf
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Vaelis »

Momogan wrote:I have all the japanese text files if anyone wants them. The chinese versions can be found on various forums, a simple google search will find them (零之使魔 第四卷 nets me plenty of results). On another note, i have been busy lately + volume 4 and 5 are quite boring, but i will work on it once i have more time.
Registration for chapter 9 of Volume 2 is empty if you think that it is more interesting ^^ -> no need to go through http://www.baka-tsuki.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1433

I was also wondering, have someone tried to send a pm to magus since he stopped participating in the baka-tsuki wiki just after registering for chapter 8 of volume 2?

[edit]I'm removing things about the preview of chapter 7-8 of volume 2 since i forgot that they were only machine preview.
Last edited by Vaelis on Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Darknemo2000
Senior Project Editor

Post by Darknemo2000 »

I do agree with Momo that volume 4th and 5th are boring. Well maybe 5th is bit less, since it has few interesting moments, but 4th is really boring one.

I dont think that my previews could pass as a real translations sadly. Machine translations are ok (not the online, ones, though - those suck) but not really that good. The fact is - it needs a real translator. Machine translations only helps to fill in some holes in the plot, while the real translation done by human translator is being created.

If anyone wants I also, like Momo, have ZnT novels txt files in japanese. Volume 13 included.
Vaelis
Yuki Elf

Post by Vaelis »

Darknemo2000 wrote:Machine translations are ok (not the online, ones, though - those suck) but not really that good.
Ah! I forgot that it was a machine translation :shock: (i have read them a long time ago and since it's protected, I didn't check it recently)
It's indeed not possible to put them as translated version in this case even after some modifications. :( :(
Saint
Astral Realm

Post by Saint »

Hi, I'm new, I am like a translater in training, I am ok at Japanese, but I need some help on how to do everything. So first, could someone tell me what programs I need to do translating and stuff, I just got my new labtop so i have very few programs on it right now. I hope to be able to contribute to the Zero no Tsukaima project.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Saint wrote:Hi, I'm new, I am like a translater in training, I am ok at Japanese, but I need some help on how to do everything. So first, could someone tell me what programs I need to do translating and stuff, I just got my new labtop so i have very few programs on it right now. I hope to be able to contribute to the Zero no Tsukaima project.
Hello saint,

thank you for your interest.

The only program you need on your pc, is web connection, a word program such as microsoft word or something, which can check your spelling and a good Japanese dictionary.

oh and a good knack for learning Japanese/Chinese/Korean or any Asian language ZNT might be published in.

that is pretty much all you need, to give us a hand at Baka-Tsuki!

Of course with the net, you can also hel pwith your Japanese using great resources such as:

http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/wwwjdic.html

Usually i go for Rika-chan an add on for Firefox, it lets you look up Japanese in real-time using firefox. its cool. :)

But i suppose the most important thing that can help you, is the passion for translating Z.N.T. for us poor monolingual English readers!

If you can help roll out the most basic literally translated script for ZNT we would be over the moon!

(more work for us editors! you hear me you translators?! stop polishing the scripts! that's MY JOB! MINE! MINE MIIIINNNEE!!!)

cough.

:roll:

so..er...yeah. we welcome all help here. :)

@Onizukademongto
Strike Chaos
Astral Realm

Post by Strike Chaos »

if you need a good translator try the free trial NJStar translator and here's the *snip! Please do not share warez links publicly on the forum, you can do so privately. - Mod*
Saint
Astral Realm

Post by Saint »

Thanks guys, I'm not going to jump in right away because I'm not super confident of my Japanese skills, what I'm going to do is get my hands on the raw books and mess around to get the hang of it(probably do the ones that are curently half translated on this sight so i can compare). Which reminds me, are those guys dropping there translations on 2-3, 2-5,
2-8, 3-1,3-3? I was wondering because on the two that are partly translated the history says they haven't had any major contributions in awhile and the other ones where set up and no one did anything.

Oh and who should I ask for the raws from and how should I ask; email, forums, ect.
Strike Chaos
Astral Realm

Post by Strike Chaos »

try PMing Darknemo2000 that's how i got mine.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Saint wrote:Thanks guys, I'm not going to jump in right away because I'm not super confident of my Japanese skills, what I'm going to do is get my hands on the raw books and mess around to get the hang of it(probably do the ones that are curently half translated on this sight so i can compare). Which reminds me, are those guys dropping there translations on 2-3, 2-5,
2-8, 3-1,3-3? I was wondering because on the two that are partly translated the history says they haven't had any major contributions in awhile and the other ones where set up and no one did anything.

Oh and who should I ask for the raws from and how should I ask; email, forums, ect.
just email anyone working on the z.n.t project for the raws, as for any question or stuff, just drop it in the forum, its easier.

:)

of course if there are any thing you are unsure about that does not concern translating, you can always p.m. or email any of the staff including myself.

:)

@Onizukademongto

Return to “Zero no Tsukaima”