ZNT translation desperately need additional translators!

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

C Tlos
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: ZNT translation desperately need additional translators!

Post by C Tlos »

@The vice commander: Thank you for your kind words.

Well, I've asked ACRONYM about it alright.
havoc
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by havoc »

I cant find a appriciation threath so i will leave this here.
Thanks for translating the series so far and I hope it will be finised some time.
How i wish the author had not passed away before finishing it.
I can only hope someone else will someday finish the final two novels
octapusxft
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by octapusxft »

C Tlos wrote:@The vice commander: Thank you for your kind words.

Well, I've asked ACRONYM about it alright.
I am very happy to hear we have some new blood in ZnT.
I had started to fear that all the translators who worked don it committed suicide after the author's death or something
Always wondering why do translators go AWOL?
ACRONYM
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by ACRONYM »

You may continue where I left off. Sorry for not finishing the chapter, hopefully I could return soon. :D
"Per Mare, Per Terras, Per Constellatum."

—Motto. "By Sea, By Land, By the Stars."
2hayka
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel: Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei as of currently

Post by 2hayka »

You know, I thought that this series had finish in terms for translations but its I stand corrected :D

It would be nice to see this series getting translated to where the author left it :( and then a some fan gives it an unofficial appropriate ending... :)
I'm just saying... :idea:
Favorite LNs: Yahari Ore no Seishun Rabu Kome wa Machigatteiru, Spice and Wolf, No Game no Life, Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei, Campione!, Clockwork Planet. There should be more...
Ailtin
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Ailtin »

2hayka wrote:You know, I thought that this series had finish in terms for translations but its I stand corrected :D

It would be nice to see this series getting translated to where the author left it :( and then a some fan gives it an unofficial appropriate ending... :)
I agree. Been reading all Volumes up to 14 again just for the sheer amount of joy that they gave me. On one hand I'd really cut my arm to see the original ending to the Light Novel but on the other..I really think whereas it is sad that Yamaguchi passed away, his Light Novels should be left as they are. Albeit being unofficial, it just wouldnt feel right to read it from someone that is not Yamaguchi himself. Some great series should be left untouched - that's part of the charm that they always will leave behind the interpretation of the reader himself (which also reminds me of the Legacy of Kain series, despite that being a video game series).
This Guy is Un-F***ing believeable !
by Christopher Walken
Wolfpup
Senior Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Wolfpup »

Ailtin wrote:
2hayka wrote:You know, I thought that this series had finish in terms for translations but its I stand corrected :D

I agree. Been reading all Volumes up to 14 again just for the sheer amount of joy that they gave me. On one hand I'd really cut my arm to see the original ending to the Light Novel but on the other..I really think whereas it is sad that Yamaguchi passed away, his Light Novels should be left as they are. Albeit being unofficial, it just wouldnt feel right to read it from someone that is not Yamaguchi himself. Some great series should be left untouched - that's part of the charm that they always will leave behind the interpretation of the reader himself (which also reminds me of the Legacy of Kain series, despite that being a video game series).
One thing to remember, although it is a different media (anime), Yamaguchi was the writer for Zero no Tsukaima F (season4 of the series) so he in a sense left us an 'outline' to the finish of the series in a visual format so you know how things are to progress in the last two volumes of the LN. and if some one wanted to they could that to create two 'Merorum' vols, although they might be fan fiction, to finish out the series using Season 4 of the anime as a basis for them and try to write it in the styling that Yamaguchi did.
Always on the hunt for good Anime and their associated Light Novels, Manga. :)
Ailtin
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Ailtin »

Wolfpup wrote:
One thing to remember, although it is a different media (anime), Yamaguchi was the writer for Zero no Tsukaima F (season4 of the series) so he in a sense left us an 'outline' to the finish of the series in a visual format so you know how things are to progress in the last two volumes of the LN. and if some one wanted to they could that to create two 'Merorum' vols, although they might be fan fiction, to finish out the series using Season 4 of the anime as a basis for them and try to write it in the styling that Yamaguchi did.
Oh, I thought that he was just supervising the script to F. But then again, there are people that dont like how F finished the series without utilizing each LN that has been released. That, of course, would have been difficult to cram into 12 anime episodes, if the first three seasons are to be taken as an example. I sadly cannot judge as to how far the later Light Novels were implemented in F since 18, 19 and 20 have not been fully translated as of now and I stopped reading after Volume 14 so I dont get stuck in "waiting for the next translation"-hell. Then again, I am one of these dudes, that will always favour the Light Novels instead of the anime, simply for the fact that they are able to describe and convey character emotions and thoughts more easily and better than the anime counterpart.
Naturally, the anime has its own charm and I can find plenty of good things in each season of ZnT. Especially Futatsuki no Kishi had one of the best moments in the whole series, if we are to forget how they retconned the ending of the last episode. I would also welcome the idea of seeing "Merorum" volumes making an inofficial finish to the Light Novel series. I could see that happen, considering Yamaguchi kept a very simple narrative and way of pacing throughout ZnT. One part of me would love to see that happen, the other will always know that this might not have been the way that Yamaguchi wanted to end the Light Novel, which makes me all sad again :'( Until then, there are still the PS2 Visual Novels that I would love to get my hands on ^^
This Guy is Un-F***ing believeable !
by Christopher Walken
Botan
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel: Zero no Tsukaima

Post by Botan »

Well, thanks to this novel I even started reading them (I find out my English is good enough to enjoy reading for pleasure wit some dictionary help), so I'm newbie here :p

Well but haven't author finished plot, according to his tweets? I would be against somebody making ending on his own, but with following author plot, why not? It's better than having no ending at all.

Well, yes, "anime ending"... I guess Saito and Louise final scene would be the same in novel, but aside that couple, whole world created by author also bring my attention, many of that was cut out of anime and that's a reason why I prefer LN over anime.

I'm still very curious about Brimir and elves past, and about how main Halkeginia problem was solved, about Siblings (what they were plotting) and about Galia Queen(s). Here anime gives not enough clues for me. Thanks I hope somebody will use notes (if those exists) and make at least final chapter which close all byplays too. Even if it will be not that good written and not that enjoyable like rest.
Hope dies last.
bandana_man95
Astral Realm

Post by bandana_man95 »

I've just contacted the project manager about volume 19 since the translator who had claimed it has been inactive for four and a half months after only a few days of activity. I'm already going to try to translate it, even if just for myself, so it makes sense to share it.
Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cthaeh »

bandana_man95 wrote: the translator who had claimed it has been inactive for four and a half months after only a few days of activity.
And perhaps more importantly, that user was blocked for vandalizing other pages, so presumably the registration of v19 was just another prank. I removed that registration, so you should be free to add your own registration.
JirinTheNobody
Reader

Post by JirinTheNobody »

Hey, new user Jirin here, was interested in translating or at least proofreading and helping out in progression of ZnT, any information or any way I can help?
I was the most unfortunate.
I knew that there was no exit out of this maze.

Then, he was the next unfortunate.
He did not know that there was no exit out of this maze.

But all the rest weren't so unfortunate.
They didn't know that they were in the maze in the first place.

-Frederica Bernkastel
Shadowys
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Zero No Tsukaima

Post by Shadowys »

Hi
JirinTheNobody wrote:Hey, new user Jirin here, was interested in translating or at least proofreading and helping out in progression of ZnT, any information or any way I can help?
Hi Jirin, you can start translating by using the chinese transalations.
But you need to register as a translator first, so do it here: https://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/inde ... gistration
Last edited by zzhk on Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please do not link to sites that pirate official translations released by Taiwanese publishers.
Winter's the time of the year,
when the cold chill the skin,
from the very within,
but you grasped my hand,
your eyes shedding a frozen tear.
Our eyes met,
and warmth filled the air.
JirinTheNobody
Reader

Post by JirinTheNobody »

Hey there, Shadowys,
Sorry for the late reply,got caught up in life. Don't know how far I'll get in the Chinese translations, as I don't know much Chinese and am better in Japanese, but I'll do my best. As for registration, is there some sort of process, do I need to make an account or something to put my name next to a chapter, how do I start on that?
I was the most unfortunate.
I knew that there was no exit out of this maze.

Then, he was the next unfortunate.
He did not know that there was no exit out of this maze.

But all the rest weren't so unfortunate.
They didn't know that they were in the maze in the first place.

-Frederica Bernkastel
WakuKun
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Bokurano Alternative, Mondaiji-Tachi <3

Post by WakuKun »

JirinTheNobody wrote:Hey there, Shadowys,
Sorry for the late reply,got caught up in life. Don't know how far I'll get in the Chinese translations, as I don't know much Chinese and am better in Japanese, but I'll do my best. As for registration, is there some sort of process, do I need to make an account or something to put my name next to a chapter, how do I start on that?
You just need to create a wiki account and edit the 'registration page' by writing your name behind the volume or chapter you're working on.
The editing works as usual on a wiki. It's no big deal.

If you consider to work on a volume which already has a translator working on it, I recommend you to first contact the other translator (through the talk site/function maybe).

Also you really don't have to use the Chinese sources to translate if you feel more comfortable by translating from Japanese. You just need to get your sources by yourself, which means preferably by buying them I guess.

If you're finished with translating, just upload it on the empty chapter wiki page.

Thanks for your hard work and good luck with your translation!
Just watch, I'll do it!
Currently working on a translation for 「ぼくらの ~alternative~」

Return to “Zero no Tsukaima”