ZNT translation desperately need additional translators!

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

JirinTheNobody
Reader
Favourite Light Novel: Zero no Tsukaima

Re: ZNT translation desperately need additional translators!

Post by JirinTheNobody »

Alright, thanks a bunch, WakuKun!
Pretty new to the whole Wiki editing thing; I'm a selfish little bugger and really want to keep reading ZnT, and if helping out makes it go faster, then I'll do all I can. Thanks for the tips; I'm unable to get my hands on any Japanese copies at the moment, so until I do I guess I'll have to bash my head against any available Chinese scans. But yeah, thanks for the help, I just registered on the site now, so I should technically be good now, right?
I was the most unfortunate.
I knew that there was no exit out of this maze.

Then, he was the next unfortunate.
He did not know that there was no exit out of this maze.

But all the rest weren't so unfortunate.
They didn't know that they were in the maze in the first place.

-Frederica Bernkastel
WakuKun
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Bokurano Alternative, Mondaiji-Tachi <3

Post by WakuKun »

JirinTheNobody wrote:Alright, thanks a bunch, WakuKun!
Pretty new to the whole Wiki editing thing; I'm a selfish little bugger and really want to keep reading ZnT, and if helping out makes it go faster, then I'll do all I can. Thanks for the tips; I'm unable to get my hands on any Japanese copies at the moment, so until I do I guess I'll have to bash my head against any available Chinese scans. But yeah, thanks for the help, I just registered on the site now, so I should technically be good now, right?
You're welcome, man!

No worries, you'll learn how to use the wiki pretty quick. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! We're always happy to help.

Yup! Have you already decided which chapter you're going to work on?
Just watch, I'll do it!
Currently working on a translation for 「ぼくらの ~alternative~」
Shadowys
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Zero No Tsukaima

Post by Shadowys »

JirinTheNobody wrote:But yeah, thanks for the help, I just registered on the site now, so I should technically be good now, right?
:D Welcome! I've always that fuzzy feeling when I see new translators and editors come aboard...haha

Wait I don't see your username on the registration. (o.O) Did you put your name anywhere here? Also write your name in the project staff list.
https://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/inde ... gistration

As with what Wakakun just stated, you'll have to decide which chapter you want to work on aka registration. Any of the MTLs and empty chapters are open for translation (especially the MTLs, like Volume 8 )
Winter's the time of the year,
when the cold chill the skin,
from the very within,
but you grasped my hand,
your eyes shedding a frozen tear.
Our eyes met,
and warmth filled the air.
veritatis cupitor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Mahouka, date a live

Post by veritatis cupitor »

Good to see new translator. Hope you get the volumes and we get to see your translation soon. :D
ARIGATOU GOZAIMASU TRANSLATOR SAN.
JirinTheNobody
Reader

Post by JirinTheNobody »

Alright, thanks a lot guys!
Already got my grubby hands on some raws now, was working a bit on them offline myself. Already got held up the past few days and didn't even get to check the forum until now so sorry ;;
WakuKun wrote:Have you already decided which chapter you're going to work on?
As for chapters I'm fine most anywhere, whether starting on finishing up 18 and 19 or getting the side story volumes completed. Was working on V19 Ch1 yesterday and I put my name on the registration along with Shadowys(because i realized registering an account and registering for a chapter are two different things ^o^;), though I guess I did it wrong cuz my name isn't there now. =u=;
But yeah, wherever you'd like me to work on it, I'm good to go~!
Shadowys wrote: of the MTLs and empty chapters are open for translation (especially the MTLs, like Volume 8 )
Quick question, what's an MTL? That like missing translations or something?

-Frederica Bernkastel
Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cthaeh »

JirinTheNobody wrote:
Shadowys wrote: of the MTLs and empty chapters are open for translation (especially the MTLs, like Volume 8 )
Quick question, what's an MTL? That like missing translations or something?
MTL = Machine translation, which typically means it was done by someone with very limited understanding of the source language and a heavy reliance on translation programs, most often resulting in lower quality/accuracy and thus something that would benefit from being redone and replaced... is what the context is here.
JirinTheNobody
Reader

Post by JirinTheNobody »

Ah, okay, that makes sense. In retrospect, a large chunk of the translated series sounds like that. Thanks for the definition; and I'll definitely look into those chapters as well.

-Frederica Bernkastel
veritatis cupitor
Project Editor

JirinTheNobody wrote: As for chapters I'm fine most anywhere, whether starting on finishing up 18 and 19 or getting the side story volumes completed. Was working on V19 Ch1 yesterday and I put my name on the registration along with Shadowys(because i realized registering an account and registering for a chapter are two different things ^o^;), though I guess I did it wrong cuz my name isn't there now. =u=;
But yeah, wherever you'd like me to work on it, I'm good to go~!
Volume 18 has already been done. Volume 19th chapter 1 has been registered by Shadowys so you should register for something else like chapter 2. :)
You should visit
https://www.baka-tsuki.org/forums/viewt ... 02#p257050
if you want to discuss anything about translation and editing of ZnT.
JirinTheNobody
Reader

Post by JirinTheNobody »

Ah, yeah, sorry about that, didn't mean to steal Shadowys' thunder. =u=;
veritatis cupitor wrote: Volume 18 has already been done. Volume 19th chapter 1 has been registered by Shadowys so you should register for something else like chapter 2. :)
Yep, I knew 18 was done; meant to say 19 and 20, my bad. Think I'll go ahead and do that, I'll just continue on with Chapter 2. I'll finish with 1 as well; so as to compare my translations to Shadowys' to make sure I'm doing it right.
I've also been watching that translation discussion thread as well, and I'll do my best; though I'll probably be looking for help more than actually helping.. =u=;

-Frederica Bernkastel
veritatis cupitor
Project Editor

JirinTheNobody wrote:I'll finish with 1 as well; so as to compare my translations to Shadowys' to make sure I'm doing it right.
You can compare his older ZnT translations with raws to get an idea of his way since we don't know when chapter 1 will be translated. He said he is not having much free time these days. Also this will save time. :)
JirinTheNobody
Reader

Post by JirinTheNobody »

veritatis cupitor wrote: You can compare his older ZnT translations with raws to get an idea of his way since we don't know when chapter 1 will be translated. He said he is not having much free time these days. Also this will save time. :)
Alright, I'll do that too. Still gonna work on Ch.1 anyway tho, cuz I still want to read it and as you said, we don't know when he'll finish it. I'll only put it up if he wants me to though, and I'll still be working on Ch.2 as well.

-Frederica Bernkastel
Shadowys
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Zero No Tsukaima

Post by Shadowys »

JirinTheNobody wrote:Ah, yeah, sorry about that, didn't mean to steal Shadowys' thunder. =u=;
veritatis cupitor wrote: Volume 18 has already been done. Volume 19th chapter 1 has been registered by Shadowys so you should register for something else like chapter 2. :)
Yep, I knew 18 was done; meant to say 19 and 20, my bad. Think I'll go ahead and do that, I'll just continue on with Chapter 2. I'll finish with 1 as well; so as to compare my translations to Shadowys' to make sure I'm doing it right.
I've also been watching that translation discussion thread as well, and I'll do my best; though I'll probably be looking for help more than actually helping.. =u=;
You can just put your name there, I'll remove my name at chapter 1, since I haven't really done much of the translation of that chapter anyway. :D So feel free to upload your translation.

I'll mostly hang out in the forums, and sometimes you can find me in IRC @ https://qchat1.rizon.net/ in the #campione room with the name shadowys.
Winter's the time of the year,
when the cold chill the skin,
from the very within,
but you grasped my hand,
your eyes shedding a frozen tear.
Our eyes met,
and warmth filled the air.
JirinTheNobody
Reader

Post by JirinTheNobody »

Shadowys wrote: You can just put your name there, I'll remove my name at chapter 1, since I haven't really done much of the translation of that chapter anyway. :D So feel free to upload your translation.

I'll mostly hang out in the forums, and sometimes you can find me in IRC @ https://qchat1.rizon.net/ in the #campione room with the name shadowys.
Alright, thanks man. I put my name on the chapter, and I'll keep working at it. I'll come to you if I need anymore help, thanks for all the assistance!

-Frederica Bernkastel
haseo0408
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by haseo0408 »

Hello guys, first I must thank you all for translating what I consider one of the best light novels of all time, second, I don´t know if I should put this here but here it goes: MF Bunko J announced today that the new volume of Zero no Tsukaima (21 of 22 planned) will be released on February 25 2016, the name of the new authos has not been revealed at this moment. Consider what happened to Yamaguchi-sensei I cried a little after reading the newss, I hope the finale is something it would make him proud.
izik1
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by izik1 »

Checks for a pulse

Return to “Zero no Tsukaima”