Saito's left eye

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Shadowys
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Zero No Tsukaima

Saito's left eye

Post by Shadowys »

Isn't Saito able to use his left eye to see what Louise sees when he's extremely excited towards Louise, and vice versa? When Saito's supposedly dead......is that excitement enough to activate it anyway? lol
Winter's the time of the year,
when the cold chill the skin,
from the very within,
but you grasped my hand,
your eyes shedding a frozen tear.
Our eyes met,
and warmth filled the air.
Wizzie
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Saito's left eye

Post by Wizzie »

From what I understood, his eye only activates when Louise is in danger. But also, that danger must be inflicted by others (Wardes in Albion, Tiger Highway, etc) because it is is role as Gandalf to protect her (that's also why he sees what she sees but not backwards like the other familiars do). When Saito was supposedly dead, and she tried to kill herself, she was the cause of the danger so nothing happened. Also, it doesn't activate always, and when it did, he was quite far from her so that must also be a factor. It is quite an uncertain thing... :?
Shadowys
Project Translator

Post by Shadowys »

I see......but then there was once when Louise tried to commit suicide......lol ah, never mind.
from the very within,
but you grasped my hand,
Our eyes met,
Kamijou Jon
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Kamijou Jon »

Mmm I have understood according to the volumes, that power is a characteristic of void... And as you say, both can see what the other does, but according Brimir is a void; incloncluso or incomplete. So they can not use it at will...
Silimir
Project Translator

Post by Silimir »

@Wizzie:
Teh_ping wrote:
Speaking of which, you better get yourself bumped up to 10 posts or more before Oni calls in the deletion sweep of accounts with less than 10 posts.
Wizzie
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Wizzie »

Silimir wrote:@Wizzie:
Teh_ping wrote:
Speaking of which, you better get yourself bumped up to 10 posts or more before Oni calls in the deletion sweep of accounts with less than 10 posts.
I saw that before, but unfortunately I'm not a talking person when it comes to forums.. The proof of that is that my previous account was victim of that :?

Regarding the eye issue, I really think that some familiars do have that power, the masters see what they see but they don't see what the masters see (it appeared somewhere that some people used their birds to spy like that) and with Saito and Louise it is backwards, and she doesn't see what he sees..
Shadowys
Project Translator

Post by Shadowys »

Yeah, and unfortunately in the novels there is only one such instance where it happens, right? is there any more cases of Saito and Louise sight?
from the very within,
but you grasped my hand,
Our eyes met,
Silimir
Project Translator

Post by Silimir »

hum, one at the beginning of the novel, one while saito was trying to avoid from Louise after the first war and finally during the volume 14 (or 15 can't remember..)

But, their is something strange. I really would like to not spoil you guys, it's about the ending of volume 17 so any of us reached that point but... louise gets a new spell and the way she used it may be related to their "eye contact"...
Wizzie
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Wizzie »

Silimir wrote:louise gets a new spell and the way she used it may be related to their "eye contact"...
That seems really interesting, I thought it was a shame they didn't use the eye thing more often...
I also miss the spell ilusion, it was only used one time up to vol 16 and it could be used in so many ways..
Silimir
Project Translator

Post by Silimir »

the spell illusion? No, I think louise used it one in the first war to trick the enemy..!
SkyNova93
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by SkyNova93 »

ya they should use the eye spell more often in the book, I think so anyways
crim
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by crim »

I see......but then there was once when Louise tried to commit suicide......lol ah, never mind.
Didn't that happen in the period after he had died and didn't have the runes so he wasn't a familiar at that point in time.
Kemm
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kemm »

crim wrote:
Didn't that happen in the period after he had died and didn't have the runes so he wasn't a familiar at that point in time.
People often forget the fact that Saito became Louise's familiar twice.
yoyoyo5678
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by yoyoyo5678 »

Kemm wrote:
crim wrote: Didn't that happen in the period after he had died and didn't have the runes so he wasn't a familiar at that point in time.
People often forget the fact that Saito became Louise's familiar twice.
Yes but, she tried to commit suicide before he became again her familiar.
Spoiler! :
She tried to jump from high height - but Siesta convinced her, to not commit suicide but in the end both of them fell down and saved by a statue of Saito.
Link to my user on B-T

Return to “Zero no Tsukaima”