Noboru Yamaguchi passed away

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

kwh89
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Noboru Yamaguchi passed away

Post by kwh89 »

It would be awesome if someone manages to finish it up base on the notes that he left behind. But then again it wont be the author's work. Hopefully a summary of vol 21/22 can be complied into 1 vol consisting of the ending the author wanted. This way there'll be closure for him and the fans out there.
Dohma
Project Translator

Post by Dohma »

I don't know if its common practice in Japan to finish a late author's work, like with Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time. The author of MM! passed away, but I haven't heard of anyone about to finish it.
On the other hand, Zero no Tsukaima is on a whole other level of popularity than MM!, so I hope someone will use Yamaguchi's notes and provide us with an ending.
2chan
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by 2chan »

No wonder ZnT is not updating. Seems like we won't be able to see the ending.
The world have lost one great Author. I love his works, starting from Green Green, Djibril, Strike Witches and Zero no Tsukaima.

May he rest in peace!!

*Although I'm still hoping that he will comeback from his grave for a while to finish his unfinished two volumes of ZnT. JK.
Wolfpup
Senior Project Editor

Post by Wolfpup »

Dohma wrote:I don't know if its common practice in Japan to finish a late author's work, like with Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time. The author of MM! passed away, but I haven't heard of anyone about to finish it.
On the other hand, Zero no Tsukaima is on a whole other level of popularity than MM!, so I hope someone will use Yamaguchi's notes and provide us with an ending.
There is also the last season of the anime that would help who ever was to try and finish the last two volumes. The last season of the anime was actually done by the author so it can give a general idea of how the they should go even though the anime is a mixture of several of the volumes.
Always on the hunt for good Anime and their associated Light Novels, Manga. :)
MineRiko
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Hidan no Aria

Post by MineRiko »

I guess that would be impossible unless you guys wanna try out a fanfic.

I'd prefer the anime though.
Wiki Account: Nii-sama
Kanamechan Translations, Chinjufu Scanlations, Chinjufu Channel
Wizzie
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Wizzie »

Why do they do this to us... ( ; _ ; )
Spoiler! :
I don't know if I'm suposed to be happy or not for Zero no Tsukaima being included in this year's fes, but if they don't give us a closure, I would rather not.. This only makes me sadder...
Breakers
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Breakers »

Rest in peace. although, I can't believe this is happening
Kamijou Jon
Vice Commander Itsuki

Post by Kamijou Jon »

Wizzie wrote:Why do they do this to us... ( ; _ ; )
Spoiler! :
I don't know if I'm suposed to be happy or not for Zero no Tsukaima being included in this year's fes, but if they don't give us a closure, I would rather not.. This only makes me sadder...
where did you get that picture Wizzie?
Wizzie
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Wizzie »

Kamijou Jon wrote: where did you get that picture Wizzie?
From MF Bunko's blog in this post: If one takes the size numbers out of the image link, its original size is bigger I think that it's the back cover for the Ju!! memorial book that was sold in this year's fes.
Last year it had also Zero no Tsukaima as back cover, but I would prefer a short story.. but this year that was impossible :?

Return to “Zero no Tsukaima”