swedish translation of light novels contribution

For all None English discussion relating to any of our Novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Note to Users of this forum, that you may speak English or any other language here.

Want to start an Alternative Language project here? Read This: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1822
shafirsabbag
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

swedish translation of light novels contribution

Post by shafirsabbag »

Hello. I´m interested in translating any media on Baka-tsuki into swedish, including articles, rules and of course, light novels. I don´t have any previous knowledge with Light Novels, except for being familiar with the Sword Art Online anime adaptation of the Light Novels, which is the reason of my interest in this distribution of media to begin with. That means that I don´t have any specific Light Novel serie in mind that I want to translate. Instead, my objective is to translate all Light Novels available on Baka-tsuki in alphabetical order. From A to Z. However, I´m not familiar with the registration process that is required. Could someone please be so kind and shed some light over this in the form of a brief explanation?
Cindynka
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: swedish translation of light novels contribution

Post by Cindynka »

Hello! Welcome here.

As for the translating: you might want to try read one or two LNs before you actually start translating them. It's much easier to translate the content you already know.
Registration process is explained here. If you still have some questions after reading it, feel free to ask.
You say you want to translate all the novels... But man, that would be hell of work! A single volume is usually +-200 pages long in Word and some of the LNs have even more than 20 volumes. I guess you would like to start with something shorter. Look for an ongoing serie or one volume novel. Also, you might be interested in a novel that has an anime adaptation because you already know the story.
I would recommend starting with this novel since it's one volume and it's really nice story.
shafirsabbag
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by shafirsabbag »

Thank you for taking your time. My only concern is whether or not I have comprehended the information correctly. Could you please analyse the layout on this page and give me feedback accurate to my actions? http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... onventions
Simon
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Simon »

Moved the project away from the Baka-Tsuki Name Space as it's not intended for translations.

You can find the project page at https://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/inde ... Swedish%29

Don't link the Swedish chapters to already existing English.
ePUB Generator <<Productive>> : BTE-GEN | Yay, I'm free. Let's see how long it takes for this place to go down.
Cindynka
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cindynka »

shafirsabbag wrote:Thank you for taking your time. My only concern is whether or not I have comprehended the information correctly. Could you please analyse the layout on this page and give me feedback accurate to my actions? http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... onventions
Now that Simon moved it, it's fine. You should create a new topic for the project here in Alternative Language Forum.
Create the registration page and then you can start translating. Just be careful with the links, so they refer to the right pages.
shafirsabbag
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by shafirsabbag »

It's the redirection of the links I find it to be little tricky. How am I supposed to insert the desired link into the assigned chapter?
Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cthaeh »

shafirsabbag wrote:It's the redirection of the links I find it to be little tricky. How am I supposed to insert the desired link into the assigned chapter?
In the edit version of the page, your links originally looked like.

[[Absolute Duo:Registration_Page|Registration]]
and
[[Absolute Duo:Volume 1 Chapter 1|Kapitel 1 『Till den här Skölden』]]

The part that was to the left of the vertical line "|" was the same as the English pages, so that's where the link went. You can use compare revisions in the page history to see that Simon updated them to...

[[Absolute Duo (Swedish):Registration_Page|Registration]]
and
[[Absolute Duo (Swedish):Volume 1 Chapter 1|Kapitel 1 『Till den här Skölden』]]

By changing the part to the left of "|", Simon ensured that the link went to a different page (a yet to be created Swedish version of the page).
Simon
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Simon »

Sigh,
Wiki Formating and Wiki Links. If this doesn't help...
ePUB Generator <<Productive>> : BTE-GEN | Yay, I'm free. Let's see how long it takes for this place to go down.

Return to “Alternative Language Forum”