Zero no Tsukaima (Italian)

For all None English discussion relating to any of our Novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Note to Users of this forum, that you may speak English or any other language here.

Want to start an Alternative Language project here? Read This: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1822
rufio87
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by rufio87 »

Vaelis wrote: "He (Saito) felt like he (Saito) was deceiving the good-natured man (Marteau)."

Deceiving isn't really "joking".

And when you will translate the next chapter (chapter 5) don't use the available translation.
Use the "cross-reference" part that can be seen when you try to edit the page of the chapter.
Ok, got that boss. One more question for you: isn't a owl a nocturnal 'familiar'? In chapter 4 I found "all the nocturnal familiars were snoozing away, even someone's owl". Probably it's me that I got the wrong meaning but isn't it like "all the nocturnal familiar were sleeping, someone's owl was sleeping too"? Shouldn't be refer to a diurnal animal, for example a raven?

Anyway you are great, you're helping me a lot. I will offer you a drink if you ever come to Italy ^^
Dante wrote:La Commedia
Vaelis
Yuki Elf

Post by Vaelis »

Some owls are diurnal (for example the "Snowy Owl").
I have checked the japanese raw but I wasn't able to get exactly what was being said about the owl.

It is probably :

"All the nocturnal familiars, like someone's owl, were snoozing away."
rufio87
Project Translator

Post by rufio87 »

Hmmm...a quick question about chapter 6. I've read that the name of Sylphid is "Fairy of the wind". The only problem is that in italian "drago" (dragon, as you can suggest) is masculine while "fata" (fairy) is feminine. We lost the use of neautral long ago. So I would have to change something, I was thinking change the name of the dragon in "Elfo del vento" (Elf of the wind). I can come up with some more names but I think elves are the closest ones to the fairies.
Vaelis
Yuki Elf

Post by Vaelis »

rufio87 wrote:Hmmm...a quick question about chapter 6. I've read that the name of Sylphid is "Fairy of the wind". The only problem is that in italian "drago" (dragon, as you can suggest) is masculine while "fata" (fairy) is feminine. We lost the use of neautral long ago. So I would have to change something, I was thinking change the name of the dragon in "Elfo del vento" (Elf of the wind). I can come up with some more names but I think elves are the closest ones to the fairies.
I don't understand why you want to change the name Sylphid into something else.
Her name is Sylphid and she is a dragon.
Sylph/Sylphid is the name of the fairies of the air but that's not a translation of the name.

In italian it's Silfide.
rufio87
Project Translator

Post by rufio87 »

Vaelis wrote: I don't understand why you want to change the name Sylphid into something else.
Her name is Sylphid and she is a dragon.
Sylph/Sylphid is the name of the fairies of the air but that's not a translation of the name.

In italian it's Silfide.
Ok, I got it now. It was my mistake, I thought "Fairy of the wind" was referred to Sylphid and not Tabitha. Now that I've re-read the sentence is everything clear. Sorry about that.
rufio87
Project Translator

Re: ZnT Italian version

Post by rufio87 »

I've finished with the translation of Volume 1 and tryed to create a page with the full text but, for some reason, I wasn't able to. Could you please help me? And can I ask you if someone is going to finish the translation of Volume 2 anytime soon? Thanks!
Vaelis
Yuki Elf

Post by Vaelis »

rufio87 wrote:I've finished with the translation of Volume 1 and tryed to create a page with the full text but, for some reason, I wasn't able to. Could you please help me?
It's done :wink:
rufio87
Project Translator

Post by rufio87 »

Vaelis wrote:
rufio87 wrote:I've finished with the translation of Volume 1 and tryed to create a page with the full text but, for some reason, I wasn't able to. Could you please help me?
It's done :wink:
Grazie mille, thank you very much.
Vaelis
Yuki Elf

Post by Vaelis »

By the way there is a problem with the name of all the pages :?

"Zero no Tsukaima:Volume1 Testo Completo" should be "Zero no Tsukaima ~Italian Version~:Volume1 Testo Completo"
"Inserto_e_retro_di_copertina" should be "Zero no Tsukaima ~Italian Version~:Volume1 Inserto_e_retro_di_copertina"
"Capitolo_Uno_%E2%80%93_Sono_un_Famiglio" should be "Zero no Tsukaima ~Italian Version~:Volume1 Capitolo_Uno_%E2%80%93_Sono_un_Famiglio"
Etc...

"Zero no Tsukaima ~Italian Version~" and "Volume1" should be in the name of all the pages
rufio87
Project Translator

Post by rufio87 »

Vaelis wrote:By the way there is a problem with the name of all the pages :?

"Zero no Tsukaima ~Italian Version~" and "Volume1" should be in the name of all the pages
Should I move all the pages? I tryed moving the first one but it doesn't change the link, but only the title. Please, instruct me.
Vaelis
Yuki Elf

Post by Vaelis »

rufio87 wrote:Should I move all the pages? I tryed moving the first one but it doesn't change the link, but only the title. Please, instruct me.
The link changed but it leaves a redirection at the old link.

http://www.baka-tsuki.net/project/index.php?title=Zero_no_Tsukaima_%7EItalian_Version%7E:Volume1_Inserto_e_retro_di_copertina (real link)

http://www.baka-tsuki.net/project/index.php?title=Inserto_e_retro_di_copertina (redirection)

It's the same page with differents links.
fiendmaw
Astral Realm

Post by fiendmaw »

Happy birthday Rufio!!!!!(Sadly haven't found the italian version yet...).
rufio87
Project Translator

Post by rufio87 »

fiendmaw wrote:Happy birthday Rufio!!!!!(Sadly haven't found the italian version yet...).

Grazie mille, comunque la versione italiana è "Buon Compleanno" (Thank you very much, anyway the italian version is "Buon Compleanno").

Still, thank you very much, you are very kind.
Valerio1232
Astral Realm

Post by Valerio1232 »

Hi all :D
I'm Valerio, an autochthonous italian reader and a new member of this forum, even if I've been reading light novels on the main site for at least 3-4 months. I read the rules of the forum, but I'm still an human after all, so please forgive and correct me if I ever make some mistakes.

I started reading the "Zero no Tsukaima" light novel 2 weeks ago, and I noticed that the italian translation is stalled. Being an italian language user, I would like to help translating the novel from the second volume, where rufio87 interrupted himself (really a great job on the first volume, very accurate translation IMHO).

I've got very good grades in Italian, I got a cambridge ESOL B2 certificate in English language last year (in december) with a score of 95/100, I just finished my latin classes and I'm looking forward to learn japanese next year, so I think I can handle this novel translation. If rufio agrees, I'll be happy to start as soon as possible.
thank you all for the splendid work that this community is carrying forward, I'm eager to join you as soon as I can :D

Return to “Alternative Language Forum”