Suzumiya Haruhi (Romanian)

For all None English discussion relating to any of our Novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Note to Users of this forum, that you may speak English or any other language here.

Want to start an Alternative Language project here? Read This: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1822
fiendmaw
Astral Realm

Re: Romanian SHnY translation!

Post by fiendmaw »

It was inactive,since I had to study for school,at the end of the semester,but now I'll guess I'll start translating again.If I'm not too lazy...btw Oni where can I see how many people have accessed the Romanian translation wiki pages?
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Just look at the bottom of the page, i'll just copy and paste the info right now:
# This page was last modified 22:24, 6 April 2008.
# This page has been accessed 1,181 times.
not bad :)

considering ShnY has a total of 1,806,531 times. :P :roll: :mrgreen:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
fiendmaw
Astral Realm

Post by fiendmaw »

Better than I expected,maybe I'll start translating again...maybe after I get my guitar...maybe after I start raiding..maybe...
I hereby pronounce the 'maybe day'.
Shimao_dono
Astral Realm

Post by Shimao_dono »

Is somebody still working on this?
Now I'm gonna say something which isn't going to be nice .but the translation of the first 3 chapters is terrible! Not only is it full of typos and bad phrasing, but some words don't even exist at all! O_O" I think it does it no justice and people who see it for the first time can only burst out laughing and read the English version TT_TT I must praise the second translator (chapters 4-5) for using proper Romanian language and for being able to adapt the language so as it won't be weird-sounding.
Therefore, I request permission to re-translate the first 3 chapters. I cannot guarantee it'll be fast,but I think Haruhi deserves it! i also want to know if the first translator is still planning to keep translating it, seeing there hasn't been much activity later, so maybe he won't mind giving it up to me? If he is mad, it can't be helped, but he should admit his translation lacks allot of things, and of course he will still be credited as the first translator ever, so I guess this should be enough XD
My goal is the translation of whole first volume in Romanian, this is the least which should exist for people to make an opinion on haruhi.
I wrote this in English so that the administrator wil be able to read it as well and eventually make a decision ^_^
fiendmaw
Astral Realm

Post by fiendmaw »

You are so right,wow,it really is funny :lol: (though I'm a little hurt inside).
Daca vezi asta,chiar te rog sa revizuiesti orice este gresit,sau sa reiei traducerea de la zero.Am facut proiectul asta pentru a indruma romanii sa citeasca aceasta serie de romane care mie personal mi-a placut foarte mult,nu sa ma mandresc cu traducerile mele,care au fost si grabite,pentru ca ,recunosc, ca nu am dedicat destul timp acestiu 'proiect'.
Multumesc ca te-ai oferit,daca ai nevoie de ajutor,o sa fac tot ce pot sa te ajut(chiar si cu traduceri :P).Mult noroc!
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Shimao_dono wrote:....Therefore, I request permission to re-translate the first 3 chapters. I cannot guarantee it'll be fast,but I think Haruhi deserves it! i also want to know if the first translator is still planning to keep translating it, seeing there hasn't been much activity later, so maybe he won't mind giving it up to me? If he is mad, it can't be helped, but he should admit his translation lacks allot of things, and of course he will still be credited as the first translator ever, so I guess this should be enough XD
My goal is the translation of whole first volume in Romanian, this is the least which should exist for people to make an opinion on haruhi.
I wrote this in English so that the administrator wil be able to read it as well and eventually make a decision ^_^
Hello Shimao, welcome to Baka-Tsuki.

You are welcome to make your own translation, however it will be difficult for me to judge or sanction one translation over the current script, without independent evidences given to me from a fluent alternative language speaker.

Usually this is simple, all i do is contact a B-T member who is fluent, the only active one here is Fiendmaw.

But since this is his own translation, this presents a difficulty to the impartiality of his advice.

The alternative is to open a poll and let the readers decide, however i'm unsure how many native Romanian language readers we have here.

So unless you two can make a mutual agreement, then the original registered author of the script can voluntarily take down there script and allow it to be re-translated or allow it to be radically modified to satisfy both parties.

Edit: However, this might be all for moot, just noticed the Romanian Project has no REGISTRATION PAGE as required by Baka-Tsuki minimum standard.

please make one as soon as possible, this might be one of the problems why this project has not received any activity by not providing the information required for new translators who might be interested to help.

fiendmaw, please make a registration page within one week, if you do not, then i might as well throw open the entire project to be registered on a first-come-first-serve basis.

Including scripts already translated, which im sure shimao would be happy to hear. :roll:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
fiendmaw
Astral Realm

Post by fiendmaw »

I gave him my blessing to do as he pleases with the translations,so there's no problem there,and I will work on that registration page...I never expected anyone but me to be interested in the translation of these novels,so that's why I didn't create it at that time,also,also I will like to see what a registration page looks like,so I can create it accordingly.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

fiendmaw wrote:I gave him my blessing to do as he pleases with the translations,so there's no problem there,and I will work on that registration page...I never expected anyone but me to be interested in the translation of these novels,so that's why I didn't create it at that time,also,also I will like to see what a registration page looks like,so I can create it accordingly.

It's quite simple really, take the list you have put on the main page of the individual chapters, remove the links to existing translated scripts.

On each chapter, simply amend the name of the registered translator and if it has been completely translated, just add the name "Completed".

Add the tag:

Code: Select all

[[Category:Registration Page]]
At the bottom of the page.

Make sure you link it to the main overview page.

for further details, please observe the format and content of the English registration page:

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... ation_Page

If you have any further question feel free to contact me. I look forward to seeing it on the wiki soon. :)

@Onizukademongto
fiendmaw
Astral Realm

Post by fiendmaw »

Well,here it is http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... ation_Page
Not sure if it's the right format.
I also linked it from the main page,located at the bottom.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Thanks for the link fiendmaw.

I've made a few formatting edits and some additional text.

please translate any English text into your target language on both the registration and overview page. Please double check all the link.

once that is done, then i don't see any reason not to approve it...again.

:)

@Onizukademongto
fiendmaw
Astral Realm

Post by fiendmaw »

Well,if it's about the chapter names,well,theyre beyond me,and I would end up only butchering my native language,so I'll leave them be until someone more competent can translate them :).
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

just been over the page again, can you please go over the overview page and translate any English into Romanian.

Especially the registration page here:
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... _~Romanian~

hopefully i would liek the page to be done by today, so we can get it back into things.

:)

thanks

@Onizukademongto
fiendmaw
Astral Realm

Post by fiendmaw »

So you meant the regulations of signing for a chapter,those I can do :P
Here it is: http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... _~Romanian~
If it's about the chapter titles,should I just name them 'Chapter 1,2,etc.'?
That way there will be no english there,nor 'unproper' romanian.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

fiendmaw wrote:So you meant the regulations of signing for a chapter,those I can do :P
Here it is: http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... _~Romanian~
If it's about the chapter titles,should I just name them 'Chapter 1,2,etc.'?
That way there will be no english there,nor 'unproper' romanian.

If you can't translate the English title into Romanian then you might as well leave it, but if you got the time, then you can do the thing you suggested if you think it'll be better in the long run.
:roll:

@Onizukademongto

Return to “Alternative Language Forum”