Utsuro no Hako (Slovakian)

For all None English discussion relating to any of our Novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Note to Users of this forum, that you may speak English or any other language here.

Want to start an Alternative Language project here? Read This: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1822
angelanime
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Utsuro no Hako (Slovakian)

Post by angelanime »

I would like to make a slovak version of Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria. I actually started to translate it from english to slovak, but I only have a little bit of fisrt volume translated. It´s a translation I made, because I wanted to try it and currently it´s only for myself. There wasn´t anyone who had read my translation actually. I´d like to upload it, but I´m totally clueless about what should I do. Something with contacting administration and creating project and registration page... but I don´t know how to do it!
Maybe I´ll give it up later, but I don´t want to see my effort wasted!
If there is someone who can help the clueless me, I would be really glad, because I don´t understand anything I should do at all!
Maybe I should try only after I have the whole volume 1 translated...
My original light novels:
http://non8.livejournal.com/
Isapfe
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Utsuro no Hako - Slovak translation

Post by Isapfe »

Try contacting one of administrators first, onizuka-gto for example. That's the fastest way to let the administration know of your intention. In a few days you'll receive PM with further instructions. After that you can create necessary pages: main project page, registration page and whatever else needed (like Names Conventions). Note that you also need a distinct account on wiki part of Baka Tsuki (forum accounts and wiki accounts are separated).

This will be useful: http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... _guideline

Some tips:
To create a main page (remember to login first) type the address of your new page, for example:

Code: Select all

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Utsuro_no_Hako_to_Zero_no_Maria_(Slovak_Version)&action=edit
As soon as your main page is done, you can create other pages/chapters just by adding links to them on your page (see "internal links" in Format guideline above). They will be shown in red color until you create them.
Since you are not creating a brand new project, the simplest way is go to English pages, copy its scripts (from "edit" tab), translate them and create your pages with that translated scripts.

And you don't have to translate the whole 1st volume, one full chapter is actually enough.

When you are done you should probably contact administrator again - someone will eventually check your page and (if everything is in order) remove a "pending authorisation" status from your project. Also the link to your page will be added to English page (or you can add it yourself later). Don't forget to add links to other languages pages (currently only English) on your main page.

That's it, good luck :wink:
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

The necessary pages can be created beforehand, but add the pending approval tag to the project page
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
rogersstones
Astral Realm

Post by rogersstones »

It is really a good task carried out by yours. I would like to join and contribute to that. But this will consume time. Hope you are agree with that.

Return to “Alternative Language Forum”