Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei (Polish)

For all None English discussion relating to any of our Novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Note to Users of this forum, that you may speak English or any other language here.

Want to start an Alternative Language project here? Read This: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1822
sakiu
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei - Polish

Post by sakiu »

I have a "life and death" situation at home and I don't idle in front of PC all days now so you'll have to excuse me.

Translating isn't just about "hell lets just slap some 1:1 direct translation and let others fix it", we all do this for free, that is a fact, but some skills in your native language are also required, and yours aren't up for this task. You don't use comas, you don't use Polish characters, your grammar... The text I was given by Sac read like ihavedonethistranslationintenminutes.

I've been translating for Polish scene and as a semi-pro freelancer for around 6 years now and I still have a long road ahead of me. I believe you just started yours and Light Novels or Books are simply out of your reach at this moment so heed my words and start with Manga titles in collaboration with any of the many Polish groups, there you will learn some know hows about translating and maybe in 1-2 years you will be able to move to more ambitious titles.
Spyder
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Spyder »

Thanks for the reply. Well, I was sure it wasn't perfect, and I actually wanted to get some good criticism for a start. Maybe it's because I'm more to into understanding what I read in English, not reading in English and understanding it in Polish. Either way, would you please do me a favor and tell me somewhere I could actually start? (I'm asking specific names here).
sakiu
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by sakiu »

Try looking for "Centrum Mangi", Polish groups advertise themselves there quite often.
Rachel3
Reader
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Rachel3 »

Hej, piszę, czy nie przydałaby się może jakaś pomoc przy projekcie? Mam doświadczenie jako korektor/tłumacz dla grupy FlyScans, a oprócz angielskiego znam nieco również japoński (ponad 1,5 roku nauki), więc mogłabym zerkać także do oryginalnej noweli (zdarzają się rzeczy, których nie da się przetłumaczyć z japońskiego na angielski, ale za to na polski już tak). Jeżeli tylko mogę się przydać, proszę mnie poinformować :)
Sacredus
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei (Polish)

Post by Sacredus »

New translator of this series is Kavix (sakiu don't have time for this, but he's helping him and still is this project supervisor).

@Rachel3
Just like Spyder case, send me to pm some small fragment of 2nd chapter, I will send this to sakiu.

Tak jak w przypadku Spydera, prześlij mi jakiś mały fragment 2 rozdziału, a ja podeślę to sakiu.
Rachel3
Reader
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Rachel3 »

Oki, rozumiem, że chodzi o przetłumaczenie :) Tylko że teraz wyjeżdżam na narty i mogę nie mieć internetu, więc możliwe, że odezwę się dopiero za tydzień...
sakiu
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by sakiu »

First of all, sorry for the long absence. Someone close to me passed away and it hit me really hard, took me some time to get back on my feet. After that I changed projects at my workplace and also resumed Japanese classes, in result I had and still have no time to continue this project.

So to not stall this anymore I have passed the translation sometime ago to Kavix and he also had some issues that he needed to resolve, I think, but not long ago he told me that soon he will restart the project, so please talk to him in case you would like to offer assistance. I only help him now with some of the more complicated stuff and quality check.

Anyway, I will tell Kevix to come here and post something, so that the communication can be a little more convenient.
Sacredus
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Sacredus »

1st chapter had been completed by Miles_Naismith who will be new translator for this series.

Return to “Alternative Language Forum”