新年快乐!!!

All non Baka-Tsuki related topics

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: 新年快乐!!!

Post by Mystes »

Doraneko wrote: AFAIK the Chinese version of Miku hasn't been released.
Not good for the business...one sale and more than a fewmillions of users. :lol: :mrgreen:
And yep Cantonese rules. :mrgreen:
...Hmm? Sorry, my eyes blured for a moment. :twisted:
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
Doraneko
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Doraneko »

Kira0802 wrote:
Doraneko wrote: AFAIK the Chinese version of Miku hasn't been released.
Not good for the business...one sale and more than a fewmillions of users. :lol: :mrgreen:
Well there is an official Chinese Vocaloid to be released in the not-so-distant future. It doesn't make what you said less valid though.

And yep Cantonese rules. :mrgreen:
...Hmm? Sorry, my eyes blured for a moment. :twisted:
Witnessing the epicness of Cantonese made your eyes overflow with tears of joy. 8)
My light novel review blog: ラノなの!@ novel.co.nr
jonathanasdf
Kyon's Imouto-Chan

Post by jonathanasdf »

The voice sounds nice, the music quality and the random loudness changes are not...

Still watching the 3rd one. I really liked the zzz one, it's really amazing to me how they could fit the lyrics in so well, while still keeping so much of the meaning of the original song(though they didn't end the song with "good night", which really loses much of the meaning of the title...). Also, what's with the 上海时光遡流 song? Is that by a vocaloid something? Sounds like it, but that would go against what you said about there not being any chinese vocaloids (that one definitely doesn't sound like chinese words using japanese) Googling 猫尾++ got me nothing.
Doraneko
Project Translator

Post by Doraneko »

There are quite a few Chinese songs created with Japanese vocaloids. But whether the end result sounds like Chinese depends very much on the skills of the creator, moreso than the conventional Japanese songs due to the additional linguistic hurdle.

IMO the miku song in the first video on ancient battles is superior in terms of pronunciation when compared to the Shanghai one. Of course both of them were created by Japanese vocaloids since the Chinese one won't be released until June this year. The differences between the two is more attributable to the way different artists use the same instrument differently, rather than different instruments being used.

FYI it is possible to simulate non-Japanese sounds by using only the Japanese vocaloids. But achieving so with successful results pleasant to the ears is an art in itself.

And yea the zzz song is great. Close to perfection IMO. :D
Cosmic Eagle
Project Translator

Post by Cosmic Eagle »

Doraneko wrote: Well there is an official Chinese Vocaloid to be released in the not-so-distant future. It doesn't make what you said less valid though.
Just needs more refinement of the sound and she's good to go.

――罨――
阿謨伽尾盧左曩 摩訶母捺囉摩抳 鉢納摩 人嚩攞 鉢囉韈哆野吽
地・水・火・風・空に偏在する金剛界尊よ
今ぞ遍く光に滅相し奉る!
天地玄妙神辺変通力離――
卍曼荼羅ァ――無量大数ゥ!
jonathanasdf
Kyon's Imouto-Chan

Post by jonathanasdf »

I know it's possible to do it, but like the ancient battles one sounds to me to still have of Japanese (might just be because of my preconception that it's sung by Miku, and not because it actually has any hints of Japanese...) whereas the second one, although the pronunciation is not as "human", sounds more "chinese" to me, so much so that I'm not surprised the first one was made using japanese vocaloid but I'm seriously surprised that the second one is.
YoakeNoHikari
Project Translator

Post by YoakeNoHikari »

Doraneko wrote:
jonathanasdf wrote:... but that's 2011.

Is that site like a chinese niconico?
Oh sh... wrong link. Yeah it is the Chinese nico rip-off (they rip-off basically everything on earth :lol: ). Doesn't make it less amusing though.

哔哩哔哩2012拜年祭
http://www.bilibili.tv/video/av203614/

IMO the 2012 one is much better than the 2011 one. I really like the Touhou MAD, the Chinese Miku song and the short that use random voices as synchronizers of classic pieces.
Sorry for being late, but I'm just listening to this now, and I have to say: I don't know if it's because my Chinese sucks, but I can't understand any songs in Mandarin without subtitles. I'm better at Cantonese songs.

Ah, yay, only my railgun!
jonathanasdf wrote: Didn't really like the classical madness but here are the songs based on what I could make out:
revolutionary etude
appationata 3rd movement
turkish march
hungarian dance No. 5
Damn, forgot this one
Don't think I've heard this one
pathetique 3rd movement
argh I know I've heard this one but can't remember it's name
flight of the bumblebee
The first one is the third movement of the Moonlight Sonata.
Even eternity can be encased in ice.
jonathanasdf
Kyon's Imouto-Chan

Post by jonathanasdf »

whoops sorry, wrong one lol

I didn't like the only my railgun one, the voices weren't ... all that great...
jonathanasdf
Kyon's Imouto-Chan

Post by jonathanasdf »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM01nxC0YZg

Dora, after listening to this I dare you to say Miku's pronunciation is better :D
YoakeNoHikari
Project Translator

Post by YoakeNoHikari »

I thought the male voices were alright.
Even eternity can be encased in ice.
Doraneko
Project Translator

Post by Doraneko »

jonathanasdf wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM01nxC0YZg

Dora, after listening to this I dare you to say Miku's pronunciation is better :D
The first time I heard that I thought it was in some sort of local dialect :? . For individual words the pronunciation may be technically more accurate, but somehow I can't understand the whole thing without reading the subtitles, unlike the other Chinese Miku song.

But then like Hikari I am no good at Mandarin, so maybe my view in this regard bears little weight. Heck the Miku in the video can probably speak better Mandarin than me. :lol:

Return to “Commune”