Baka-Moon???

All non Baka-Tsuki related topics

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

magus
Astral Realm

Baka-Moon???

Post by magus »

>_>....... Yeah...... we may need some sort rewording on shizumiya page...... >_>
Spoiler! :
Jumpyshoes
Sailor Tsuki
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Jumpyshoes »

Why does it matter what other people think of the translations? If people wanna think our translations are worse than a.f.k.s then I don't see what's wrong with that. Also, if they read into the message on the Haruhi page, I don't see what's wrong with that either.
Smidge204
Astral Realm

Post by Smidge204 »

You can tell him two things:

1) We also work with the Japanese versions of the novels, so our source and Strato's source are identical. Only some of the translators use the Chinese version, and even then we have people that check them against the Japanese version afterwards.

2) At the time that was written, Strato was much farther along than Baka-Tsuki. In fact, he was already done with it IIRC. Plus he was involved with the anime translation, which I'm sure was a big help since the first volume is practically the script for the anime. He may or may not have read the novel independently, but he was already through the translation once with a group of editors and quality checkers.

Ultimately, Baka-Tsuki has the better system for this kind of work: Translating books. It doesn't work so great for manga which requires a lot of image processing, and it's bad for anime which is too competitive and requires fast turnaround times... but huge blobs of text are exactly what a Wiki is designed to handle.

Edit: Also, I always liked to translate "Baka-Tsuki" as "Fool Moon", which is also sort of a pun. :)
=Smidge=
Fushichou
Koizumi Ranger
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Fushichou »

wtf...arrogant asshole...
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

wow. jumpy posted something intelligent. its the end of the world!

:roll:

Well no point repeating Jumpy's post, nor mention smidge with his oooh so informative posts.

in all, just enjoy our script for what they are, we welcome change, because nothing is set in stone. What maybe current now, will be different tomorrow.

So don't look at any script and say: "yup. THATS PERFECT!" because lying to yourself is a bad habit. :wink:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Since Shoes did post something of relevance for once, I guess I'll pick up the slack.

Blargity-blarg-blarg! :x
magus
Astral Realm

Post by magus »

Lol, I don't know, I just never thought that someone would think that it's implying we aren't good enough or something. He even thought that meant the whole thing can just be replaced. I know he's probably a fan of afk, but maybe he really thought it was like that.
TheDefend
Shamisen Wordsmith

Post by TheDefend »

i got a bad feeling about jumpy posting something inteligence....
Baka Tsuki Lurker -Transform-> Baka Wolf Lurker
Setherzam
Void Mage

Post by Setherzam »

I think its one of the signs of the apocalypse, I have to double check that after I get over the shock of Jump posting anything intellectual
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

You know how it is nowadays. Just because some idiot out there misinterprets something, they go sue someone else for millions of dollars. Unfortunately, many times they win, and people like Jumpyshoes learn something or say something intelligent that day. Who knows what is next?
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

I'm still waiting for a shoe company to sue the shoes off of Shota-con-kun. :twisted:
magus
Astral Realm

Post by magus »

"You have to believe! You must believe that you can fly!!!"

Meh, way not. About time he gets a upgrade :roll:
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

ainsoph9 wrote:You know how it is nowadays. Just because some Kunikida out there misinterprets something, they go sue someone else for millions of dollars. Unfortunately, many times they win, and people like Jumpyshoes learn something or say something intelligent that day. Who knows what is next?
Thankfully we still have some sanity in the Uk, so it hasn't reached the absurbity as in the US, no person sueing for millions just because the dry cleaners lost your trouser.....yet.

While I wait for the first mainland chinese citizen to sue a car maker for spilling hot tea on himself, and was not warnedi n the manual, I will know that China has recieved freedom and democracy!

And no, successfully suing someone for stealing your virtual weaponary in a chinese MMORPG does not count.

If it hasn't happened in the USA, its not FREEDOM & DEMOCRATIC.

Baka-Tsuki, 20-year plan to reach a stable and freedom loving democratic system! But until then....WIKICOMMUNIST COMRADES! :twisted: :roll:

*is bored at work right now*

:/
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Beware the talking cat
Dot Mage

Post by Beware the talking cat »

I want to join a communist usergroup.

Can I start "The People's Group"?
Administrator
Archnemesis of the name changing guy.
Jumpyshoes
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Jumpyshoes »

In 20 year I'll be sued for absolutely no reason. Weeeee . . . Something to look forward to. :roll: Luckily I get to sue back for absolutely no reason. :twisted:

Return to “Commune”