Typesetting a Word/PDF File to print as a Book

All non Baka-Tsuki related topics

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

conflictz
Astral Realm

Typesetting a Word/PDF File to print as a Book

Post by conflictz »

Hey everybody, first id just like to say that this is an awesome site and you guys do an amazing job translating! As for my question, I'd just like to ask anyone out there, how do you typeset a PDF file or Word file so that it can be printed as a book. I am refering the the topic in which Haruhi Vol. 1-3 was imposed and able to print out as a book...

Any help is appreciated!

THANKS!
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Re: Typesetting a Word/PDF File to print as a Book

Post by onizuka-gto »

I think you can set the PDF print settings to "Booklet", this allows two pages on one page.

Like a book.

don't have to mess with typesetting. :roll:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
diginova
Astral Realm

Re: Typesetting a Word/PDF File to print as a Book

Post by diginova »

If you go into Page Setup in Word and then under "pages" select "book fold", it will automatically impose the pages for you. Not sure if this works in any version before 2003, but it works in '03 and '07. Be sure to set the size of the page to twice the size of your final book, and be sure to add a .25" gutter margin if you have more than 100 pages.

Return to “Commune”