Election '08- Obamarama!

All non Baka-Tsuki related topics

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Fushichou
Koizumi Ranger
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Election '08- Obamarama!

Post by Fushichou »

shichinanatsu wrote:50 years? that's quite too soon.. i mean, the institutions responsible for global conflict don't seem they'd vanish any time soon right? need i say organized religion?
Not organized religion. It's organized extremism.

You can't just go around and pin every religion down like that.

Organized extremism would be like a redneck-y Christian church full of narrow-minded racists. Another example would be a Muslim, or Muslim based, organization or church that wants to take control of say...Iraq.
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by shichinanatsu »

oops, sorry, my bad..

actually, i was trying to say that 'organized' religions are what's probably plaguing this world right now.. my primary reason for this is that 'organized' religions usually don't allow for progressive philosophical thought, that is, aside from whoever founded the religion.. if a man is allowed this growth, he will gradually contest what he used to believe, amend his 'morality' into something more suited to his existence, and might decide to leave the religion if he realizes what it used to teach him isn't really 'right' in his book. another thing.. most - if not all - of those religions out there promise of paradise beyond this life if one lives with the teachings of the founder in mind. don't get me wrong, thinking of that is nice, but i believe that when you die, you die, nothing else follows. i've seen many of my ehem- devout countrymen act so Christ-like at times they forget to enjoy the little things in life, things that you can only experience as long as opportunity is willing to accept you. live to the fullest, try everything you want on the whim so long as you have thought of it beforehand, and nobody, nobody can tell you you've lived your life as you should have but yourself; you will realize if your life's been meaningful and fulfilling or not if you find yourself before death, if you start thinking of what you feel you should still be doing before you die, if you can accept the fact that though you die, your life wasn't wasted at all..

it doesn't really mean much, but undertakers can only do so much regarding your appearance, make you look more life-like, but that's about it.. they cannot 'change' your facial expressions. i've been to a couple of funerals, and i tell you, when you see the dead person in a coffin with contentment on his face, you can easily forget your grief.. to think that here before you is one who used to live, and was contented with his life, not even 'taps', 21-gun salutes, funeral masses, no nothing but real respect for this person will do..
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

[070428] アメサラサ (amesarasa)
[090925] 夏ノ雨 (natsu no ame)
[120831] イモウトノカタチ (imouto no katachi)
Fushichou
Koizumi Ranger
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Fushichou »

I see your point, and I would also like to point out that many religions also trap people from an early age.

As a raised Christian, for example, one may be taught about "Heaven" and "Hell". If someone starts to believe this as an early age, and then develops a more complex way of thinking as they get older, there will be a lot of inner conflict over the religion. You don't really believe a lot of it but you want to believe because you don't want to face this "Divine Punishment" called Hell.

This is all coming out of my story, which still doesn't really have an ending. But being taught all of my life to be afraid of Hell because you'll be there forever is one of the major things that is driving me towards and away from Christianity. A second thing would be my family. If I were to just reject Christianity, my entire family would isolate me. I've seen it happen to members of my family already.

I still don't know where I stand on the topic of religion, but I feel that it has somewhat enlightened and blinded me about the world at the same time.
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

ever read nietzsche? he's a good start, though not too much, you'd get drunk with his will to power. and don't just copy, as anyone would say, adapt it to your own personality..

btw, has there ever been agnostic support groups? i mean, i haven't even told my parents of how i stand against organized religion, heck, my dad even thinks of becoming a pastor, and with the social situation around me, agnostics are classified along with atheists, radical leftists.. imagine that..
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

[070428] アメサラサ (amesarasa)
[090925] 夏ノ雨 (natsu no ame)
[120831] イモウトノカタチ (imouto no katachi)
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

so how does amercia's election become a religious/philosophical discussion?

well none of you believe in reincarnation?
for my definition of life is just live it and do the right things, especially helping people.

baka baka baka
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Non-Baka-Tsuki Political and/or religious discussion are known to cause significant damage to the cohesion of the state, therefore this topic WILL BE MONITORED.

Understand the first sign of dissent activities will be ruthlessly suppressed.

And all parties will be held responsible regardless of blame.

You have been warned.
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

Oni! Kill it with fire! :x
Fushichou
Koizumi Ranger
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Fushichou »

...>.> Things weren't even going wrong...
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Fushichou wrote:...>.> Things weren't even going wrong...

good. then you have nothing to fear.

move a long now. nothing to see here.
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Rectifier
Astral Realm

Post by Rectifier »

onizuka-gto wrote:good. then you have nothing to fear.

move a long now. nothing to see here.
Big brother's watching, or is that just his signature?

Return to “Commune”