Japanese bakatsuki like group

All non Baka-Tsuki related topics

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Poke2201
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Japanese bakatsuki like group

Post by Poke2201 »

What about the Philippines....

We're still part of asia right?

Its kinda funny, because my families traditions emulate Japan in a Filipino kind of way.
onizuka-gto wrote:Big Boss was playing with the cosmic forces and forgot to switch the blog database back on.
chrnno
Line Mage

Post by chrnno »

Wait... Where you would be part of? America? Europe? Africa? Antartica?
Can I say something about destiny? Screw destiny! If this evil thing comes we'll fight it, and we'll keep fighting it until we whoop it. 'Cause destiny is just another word for inevitable and nothing's inevitable as long as you stand up, look it in the eye, and say 'You're evitable!'
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

chrnno wrote:Wait... Where you would be part of? America? Europe? Africa? Antartica?
Apparently we are Asian. We just happen to have American Schools and Japanese Traditions with a bit of Spanish Architecture and Roman Catholic Religions.
onizuka-gto wrote:Big Boss was playing with the cosmic forces and forgot to switch the blog database back on.
chrnno
Line Mage

Post by chrnno »

So what? Asian is a geographic location not a cultural one... The same way European is a cultural one not a geografical one.
Can I say something about destiny? Screw destiny! If this evil thing comes we'll fight it, and we'll keep fighting it until we whoop it. 'Cause destiny is just another word for inevitable and nothing's inevitable as long as you stand up, look it in the eye, and say 'You're evitable!'
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

chrnno wrote:So what? Asian is a geographic location not a cultural one... The same way European is a cultural one not a geografical one.
So that means Philippines is an Asian Country.
chrnno
Line Mage

Post by chrnno »

Yep... Now you were talking about a philippine(is this even a word?) bakatsuki like group or you were asking if there was anywhere that did translation of philipine works?
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

Uhhh, for future reference its Filipino.

And the language(Tagalog) is so ingrained with English due to decades of American Imperialism, its not needed.

But some people on here have translated to Tagalog.
chrnno
Line Mage

Post by chrnno »

Oh... I was going to write that then I thought "Nah, it can't be the same in English as in Portuguese..." :(

So is there anything like a bakatsuki group for translating works into your language?
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

I doubt it. I've said before, Tagalog is ingrained with English.

Hell the schools teach it every day there.
chrnno
Line Mage

Post by chrnno »

I know but hey only because it's ingrained doesn't mean everyone can understand it perfectly. And it's pretty annoying to read something you can't fully understand because of the language.
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

chrnno wrote:I know but hey only because it's ingrained doesn't mean everyone can understand it perfectly. And it's pretty annoying to read something you can't fully understand because of the language.
But just saying, I don't think the Philippines needs a Baka-Tsuki like group.
chrnno
Line Mage

Post by chrnno »

Ok, I wasn't sure so that's why I was asking. :D
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

All Posts by Exincignibe is considered spam. Return to your daily broadcasts >.>
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

ah, but Poke, the Philippines is perhaps the prodigal son/ugly duckling/black sheep of east asia + southeast asia..

maybe its because of duration in colonization, or its being a cultural backwater region.. so yeah, we don't have quite the national identity prior to foreign influence like china, japan, korea, even malaysia and thailand..

besides, nihongo-to-filipino translation is SO much more difficult than jap-to-eng, not to mention most of philippine otaku prefer their anime in fansubs - dubbing industry has a lot to wish for.. :?
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

[070428] アメサラサ (amesarasa)
[090925] 夏ノ雨 (natsu no ame)
[120831] イモウトノカタチ (imouto no katachi)
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

shichinanatsu wrote:ah, but Poke, the Philippines is perhaps the prodigal son/ugly duckling/black sheep of east asia + southeast asia..

maybe its because of duration in colonization, or its being a cultural backwater region.. so yeah, we don't have quite the national identity prior to foreign influence like china, japan, korea, even malaysia and thailand..

besides, nihongo-to-filipino translation is SO much more difficult than jap-to-eng, not to mention most of philippine otaku prefer their anime in fansubs - dubbing industry has a lot to wish for.. :?
We have national identity.

Middle East Countries can't run without us. :P

But seriously, I can see why Tagalog and Japanese would be a bit of a problem.

Return to “Commune”