2011 - Your memories + Countdown to 2012!

All non Baka-Tsuki related topics

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Silimir
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: 2011 - Your memories + Countdown to 2012!

Post by Silimir »

Lol minecraft... was playing that... before the server that I created during a month broke.... Arhhhhhh, I was so mad!
hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by hobogunner »

Stealing this list from Hikari / Kira (Did you know you could spell "Hi Kira" with Hikari's name? :lol: )

Manga: HnG! or Mirai Nikki, but I only read those two.
Anime: Madoka or Steins;Gate or AnoHana or Hansaku Iroha or Mawaru Penguindrum or ...I think you get my point.
Visual Novel: G Senjou no Maou or Demonbane or Swan Song
Light Novel: TaMnI
Music: Parabelle (new band to me) or Marianas Trench (new C.D. is awesome.)
Book: The Game: Penetrating the Secret Society of Pickup Artists (only book I read.)
Game: LoL (only game I have >2 hours of playing time this year.)
Maybe this is just too fast, too real -Stay Close, Parabelle
Snails see the benefits, the beauty in every inch -Snails, The Format
You thought you could find happiness just over that green hill; you thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still
-Learn To Be Still, The Eagles
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

hobogunner wrote:Stealing this list from Hikari / Kira (Did you know you could spell "Hi Kira" with Hikari's name? :lol: )
Hey, that's true.

BTW, Hocchan, why no more gaming on LoL?
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by hobogunner »

Oh, I still play sometimes, but it's mostly just to talk with friends because they are into it....

As I've said before, my username is always the same across the board, if you want to play a game... (I'll probably be on tonight, maybe.)

Do you play LoL, Kira?
You thought you could find happiness just over that green hill; you thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

Objectively the greatest accomplishment was living in Italy for 4 months. Emotionally I didn't have a such a great time in Italy as I thought I would. The education there was mediocre, surrounded by obnoxious over-privileged american kids, and a lonely experience as I practically spend the time there alone without friends.

The summer of that year didn't went so well as it was just one huge procrastination without work.

Being a senior at school was stressful and wasn't fun as I had to do alot of academic un-necessities along the deaths of two realtives.

Overall I think 2011 an 2008 are the worst years of my life.

baka baka baka
YoakeNoHikari
Project Translator

Post by YoakeNoHikari »

That's a shame.
Even eternity can be encased in ice.
rock96
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by rock96 »

I'm 13th in post race? Oh God, why am I so slow...? (on other forum my average post per day is 7 posts... I'm not fast, really~)

Memories~ Started translating Index and HnA, translated Gekkou and Another's teaser, studied in Npms. But it definitely wasn't the best year in my life :(
Kadi - hero we don't deserve.
Honorable mention for moderating and translating Campione, editing Gekkou and Hakomari.
O White Knight standing sadly amidst hordes of filthy plebs, return to us, please.
jmln1
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by jmln1 »

Well, for me this was a pretty good year, nothing memorable, but good all around.
I watched really good series, read really good books and novels, also this year I started getting hooked with visual novels, and Baka-Tsuki with it, of course ^^

Manga: Hard, this year HxH returned, but I dont read a lot of manga.
Anime: Madoka and Steins;Gate at the top, Madoka a little ahead. But I really liked a lot of series. Specially BtTtS S2, since BtTtS is my favorite.
Light Novel: BtTtS and Toradora, then IS
Book: The Eragon series.
Game: WoW T-T
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Twas the best year in my life. I gotto not get scoled by my parents for my grades. :lol:
hobogunner wrote: Do you play LoL, Kira?
Quitted.
Kira0802

hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by hobogunner »

Quitted isn't a word. It's just "quit".

I graduated high school....that was my main concern for this year. (Failed 3/4 classes my first semester of junior year.)
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

...I actually show concern. Failing in school never happened to me.
Kira0802

Xeones
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Xeones »

What can I say about 2011? Well... I'm glad it's almost over.

I graduated from high school in 2009, so I spent most of my time this year (and last year too) studying for the vestibular (if anyone gets curious: vestibular on wikipedia). I'm trying to get into medicine, so it takes a lot of hard work and time dedicated to study (there are over 100 candidates per vacancy in the good universities). Other than that, this year was pretty regular... nothing exepcional to be noted.

My favorite anime of 2011? Probably was Steins;Gate (I enjoy this "sci-fi-time-travel" kind of story). I also liked Infinite Stratos (by the way, I'm reading the novels here on Baka-Tsuki too... I'm going to start reading volume 3 this week), Broken Blade, Tiger & Bunny and Freezing. I dind't read a lot of mangas this year, except for a few regular series that I follow and the manga version of Freezing (wich, by the way, is much better than the anime version). The only Light Novels I'm reading this year are Infinite Stratos and Zero no Tsukaima.

I've read a lot of books this year, most of them because of the vestibular, but my favorites were the series A Song of Ice and Fire, Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol and I'm currently reading the fifth book of the The Saxon Stories by Bernard Cornwell.

Well... I guess that pretty much sums it up.
Sadeyo
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Sadeyo »

Accomplishments
In the military aiming for something far better without the worries of expenses or future issues.

Lessons Learned
Video games been bad since 2005 in my book since the last game I truly enjoyed was Okami, nowadays we got so much bs I practically decided to stop playing video games after buying at least 8 unfortunate games and not enjoying a single one of them.

2012 Predictions
Political apathy at its best so no real concerns other then my own achievements.

Manga: Tena on S String
Anime: Usagi Drop
Visual Novel: N/A
Light Novel: Boku Wa Tomadachi Ga Sukunai
Book: World War Z
Game: lol, bad games left and right. I don't really play them anymore.

P.s- I'm sure were going to have a thread devoted to our "New Years Resolution" pretty soon. Who actually successfully fulfilled their prior resolutions for at 3 weeks/months and actually broke it because the idea of missing it?
hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by hobogunner »

Sadeyo wrote:P.s- I'm sure were going to have a thread devoted to our "New Years Resolution" pretty soon. Who actually successfully fulfilled their prior resolutions for at 3 weeks/months and actually broke it because the idea of missing it?
Oh shi-

I have 22 days for 100 miles and I need to lose another 10 pounds. Dammit, why didn't you remind me of it earlier? :?
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

B-T memories:

Finishing Index first season + catching up to Infinite Stratos (a wild year here)

RL memories:

Army?

Resolutions for B-T in 2012:

To catch up with Baka Test until the latest volume by the end of the year.
Get Gundam Unicorn to at least near completion before the final episode.

Return to “Commune”