Introduce Yourself

All non Baka-Tsuki related topics

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

pudding321
Haruhi Bunny Commando
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by pudding321 »

Lery wrote:Hey pudding, don't forget the 16th rule ;)
What rule is that :roll:

I hope flirting isn't...i-it's not like I'm really doing it or anything. :cry:
LoveLive! and Book Girl Extras: http://schoolidoldiary.wordpress.com/
Lery
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by Lery »

The rules of the Internet !
The 16th says :
"there are no girls on the internet" :lol:
Or maybe is that the 30th ??? Mhhh. :|
No matter what the 29th rule says :
"In the internet all girls are men and all kids are undercover FBI agents"
:mrgreen:
Wiki user : Lery (talk)

Sysadmin, sometimes.
Megumi
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Location: Currently, England. [France: 18/02 - 23/02] then back to UK. T_T

Post by Megumi »

Eh... I thought there was no introduction topic after reading the rules... (nevermind, I mistook the 'who are you' about quizzes with "who are you" introduction topics)

Anyway. So, hey guys. I'm me, 21, and studying English in university in France. I understand Chinese, French and English. I was told my English was "astonishingly good" and I can only agree when I compare it to French which is supposed to be my mother tongue. I'm rather good in comprehension in Chinese and talking but can't say the same in writing it.

I forgot how I got to Baka tsuki, but I remember being linked to several LN (ZnT, SAO) here. I didn't really like SAO, so... sorry, if you like it. I was not 'overwhelmed' by it.

So, why did I register... I was going to test the water a bit in chatango since I don't have a reliable internet in the UK (I doubt dongles can stay on IRC) until I got back from the UK to France in June. : ) But it is rather deserted so I was redirected to the forum. =v=;

I can edit a little (redrawing is no good for me :/) and probably translate a little, too. But I'm not really ready to fully get to work in Baka-tsuki considering my current situation. =) I was just hoping to sneak around a little and maybe do a little tidbit job until I go back home and never, ever, ever go back to England until I graduate.

...sorry, it's long and boring. *facepalms*
One does not need a signature to be cool. One makes a signature to spread their coolness! *inserts weird, sparkling smile with a thumb up*
pudding321
Haruhi Bunny Commando

Post by pudding321 »

Megumi wrote:Eh... I thought there was no introduction topic after reading the rules... (nevermind, I mistook the 'who are you' about quizzes with "who are you" introduction topics)

Anyway. So, hey guys. I'm me, 21, and studying English in university in France. I understand Chinese, French and English. I was told my English was "astonishingly good" and I can only agree when I compare it to French which is supposed to be my mother tongue. I'm rather good in comprehension in Chinese and talking but can't say the same in writing it.

I forgot how I got to Baka tsuki, but I remember being linked to several LN (ZnT, SAO) here. I didn't really like SAO, so... sorry, if you like it. I was not 'overwhelmed' by it.

So, why did I register... I was going to test the water a bit in chatango since I don't have a reliable internet in the UK (I doubt dongles can stay on IRC) until I got back from the UK to France in June. : ) But it is rather deserted so I was redirected to the forum. =v=;

I can edit a little (redrawing is no good for me :/) and probably translate a little, too. But I'm not really ready to fully get to work in Baka-tsuki considering my current situation. =) I was just hoping to sneak around a little and maybe do a little tidbit job until I go back home and never, ever, ever go back to England until I graduate.

Sorry Mugi, forgive me for my inability in comprehending your long-winded introduction as thick as your eyebrows, for I endeavoured to reread your intro for 4 or so times, yet I still don't know whether you're from the UK or France or where you're now in.

I hope my joke doesn't insult you...sorry :cry: I tried my best to stir up a joke to invigorate your intro. Anyway, tell Kira about this. You should be the third, if not, the fourth person in this forum to know the three languages—Chinese, French, and English. I'm sorry to say that although I learnt a bit of French (for a month) in Canada 6 years ago, I've forgotten everything—including how to count in French. So, please don't abuse your advantage on me by pulling out French gags or puns. :roll:
LoveLive! and Book Girl Extras: http://schoolidoldiary.wordpress.com/
Megumi
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Location: Currently, England. [France: 18/02 - 23/02] then back to UK. T_T

Post by Megumi »

pudding321 wrote:
Megumi wrote:Eh... I thought there was no introduction topic after reading the rules... (nevermind, I mistook the 'who are you' about quizzes with "who are you" introduction topics)

Sorry Mugi, forgive me for my inability in comprehending your long-winded introduction as thick as your eyebrows, for I endeavoured to reread your intro for 4 or so times, yet I still don't know whether you're from the UK or France or where you're now in.

I hope my joke doesn't insult you...sorry :cry: I tried my best to stir up a joke to invigorate your intro. Anyway, tell Kira about this. You should be the third, if not, the fourth person in this forum to know the three languages—Chinese, French, and English. I'm sorry to say that although I learnt a bit of French (for a month) in Canada 6 years ago, I've forgotten everything—including how to count in French. So, please don't abuse your advantage on me by pulling out French gags or puns. :roll:
*facepalms* I actually rewrote this a few times to shorten it.

Anyway. Currently in the UK until the end of May. The end. And nah~ I barely have a sense of humor so impossible for me to pull out any gag on you. :)
One does not need a signature to be cool. One makes a signature to spread their coolness! *inserts weird, sparkling smile with a thumb up*
Lery

Post by Lery »

Bienvenue !

And that's enough for today, because I'm busy :mrgreen:

Sysadmin, sometimes.
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

@Megumi : I think I know who you are. Yeah, the chat in my signature is quite deserted, #Campione (Rizon) on IRC is more active.

Anyway, welcome on BT. If you ave some questions, feel free to ask someone here (since you can't send MP until you have 10 posts or more).
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
Dohma
Project Translator

Post by Dohma »

Hi,

I've been translating for several days now, but I realize I haven't properly introduced myself just yet. I've been learning Japanese for about two years now and felt confident enough to start translating LN's. Add the fact that I just finished college last year, I also have some free time to spend and fully concentrate on bettering my Japanese (although now I also have a job to do...).

Anyway, my other hobbies, besides most things Japanese, are gaming, playing piano and running track - although I do the latter only when the weather's nice. Which hasn't been a lot lately, since I live in the Netherlands, The Hague.

Nice to meet you all! I don't know if I'll be a very active member on the forum, but I'll try to make up for it with my translations.
loliDragon
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier

Post by loliDragon »

Spoiler! :
Dohma wrote:Hi,

I've been translating for several days now, but I realize I haven't properly introduced myself just yet. I've been learning Japanese for about two years now and felt confident enough to start translating LN's. Add the fact that I just finished college last year, I also have some free time to spend and fully concentrate on bettering my Japanese (although now I also have a job to do...).

Anyway, my other hobbies, besides most things Japanese, are gaming, playing piano and running track - although I do the latter only when the weather's nice. Which hasn't been a lot lately, since I live in the Netherlands, The Hague.

Nice to meet you all! I don't know if I'll be a very active member on the forum, but I'll try to make up for it with my translations.
@Dohma Welcome to BT! We are always happy to receive new translators! Best of luck with your project (which I definitely would love to read from the first vol to the very last one!)
ps check your PM's
carinderyeah
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier

Post by carinderyeah »

Hello to all of you BT people, I haven't introduced myself since I registered a week ago. Maybe because I didn't have free time to journey this wondrous land. please skip to 3rd paragraph, 'cause this'll be a bit long.

I am Carinderyeah, my personal name is Neil. The reason I joined this community was because of my sparking interest in reading LN's and now "I have come before you to serve" and help out in the translation and editing of LN's. I am a Filipino Citizen. I am not interested in girls (*whispers* 3D ones but 2D ones are the best!). I hope to get along with you people and hope that we can work together for the well being of mankind. I am currently 16 years old and have been counting it ever since.

I want to keep this short, but thanks for having me here. I am currently working on editing Hidan no Aria, Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sakunai, Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance and other things that I have recently forgotten. I am also currently appying for the position of translator for Hidan no Aria Vol. 11 (but I heard that it was reserved so I'm going for Vol 12).

Once again thanks guys, and have a nice day. BTW, anyone here from the site Otakuworks.com that have closed down?
P.S. Feel free to PM me anything you want, oh, be as random as possible
Irritated beyond endurance, I gripped the table's edge, and prepared to use the technique which had been passed down by my grandfather, namely «Table Flip».
MustNotSleep
Astral Realm

Post by MustNotSleep »

HI to all BT members out there! I am DarkerLark and i am new to this site. I am fluent in English and French and have edited texts and essays throughout my high school and university careers. i am currently reading Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo and really want to contribute as an editor for this series. i have never done any editing for websites or novels before so Yorushiku onegaishimasu!

A little about me, i am a male in my third year as a university student in Canada. i was in the French Immersion program since kindergarden and have lived in Quebec and France for 3 months each. i can fluently speak both languages and have written countless educational but boring essays in either. This can also be taken as an invitation for all those out there who are struggling with English or French essays out there to give me a shout if so needed :D

i have been reading BT for close to 3 years now and have really appreciated all the work and effort behind each volume translated for all of us non-Japaness speaking anime/manga/novel addicts. Which is what lead me to this now that i have some free time on my hands and feel i should start my own corner of contributions as well.
sage
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by sage »

Hello to the BT community, I am Sage and I've followed BT for about three years now but I've never contributed (aw yeah). I have edited papers before and I would love to be an editor for Bakemonogatari because, honestly, the tone quality that makes up professional translations of his work (Zaregoto) is not all there, along with other works that may interest me in the future or present. Overall, I really enjoy editing.

I like Touhou (obviously) and Nisioisin is my favorite Japanese author so it's a pleasure to meet you all. I'm glad that there are people out there who dedicate part of their time to translate works for no benefit at all. It's pretty amazing.

So yeah. Awesome!
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

@All the new members : Welcome on BT, enjoy your time here. Seems like there's a lot of new members recently.

@MustNotSleep : Hi, I'm sure that you'll get along with Kira. I mean, (s)he's also speaking French and (s)he's not living that far...
Regarding Sakurasou, in which language would you work?

@sage : I think I've seen your nickname on a certain blog...
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
sage
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by sage »

Misogi wrote:@sage : I think I've seen your nickname on a certain blog...
I'm probably not the one you're thinking of. The only thing I'm related to is is my own writing blog, unless you know me from another blogging site where my url would be 'kumagawa'. Incidentally enough the sage you are speaking of is the one that sort of made me into an editing freak, so there you go.
Lery

Post by Lery »

Welcome to all of you!
:D
Yes, you're right Misogi, I find also that there is a lot of new members, but it's great!

Sysadmin, sometimes.

Return to “Commune”