Creating a web translator for translators

All non Baka-Tsuki related topics

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Fanatico
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Creating a web translator for translators

Post by Fanatico »

Hi, I recently got addicted to novels and can't stop reading them and so I got a problem, I'm reading much faster than the novels are being translated, and so I got a genial idea "lets use the google translator!" :lol: (the worst thing I dd in my life :roll: ), but these web translators are really bad so I'm creating my on site using these various translator found in the web (you can use various translators in the same web page and have a space to put and edit a custom text).

So, since I'm creating this site for me, I'm going to open it for other people too, anyone know any good translators or have a idea of a good feature?

Obs.: At the moment Im going to use "Excite.co.jp", "google.com" and "bing.com" as the translators and I'm going to put a box (text area) for you to put the text translated and edit as you need (like a notepad).

*Sorry for the bad english, it is not my main language.
WakuKun
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Bokurano Alternative, Mondaiji-Tachi <3

Re: Creating a web translator for translators

Post by WakuKun »

I like your idea! It's the perfect thing for somebody who can't wait for a light novel to be translated by human translators.
Though I guess the machine will not be able to translate complex content, so the results might be not satisfying. However, nice intentions though!
Just watch, I'll do it!
Currently working on a translation for 「ぼくらの ~alternative~」
Fanatico
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Creating a web translator for translators

Post by Fanatico »

yes, I'm currently using web translators to read novels, so I know some of the problems, but little by little I'm going to build this site to help translate novels, and the people that probably is going to get the most benefits are the the humans translators, since Im going to implement a lot of features to help them.

But now I'm going to just release a that you can use various web translator in one unic place, so it is already going to help a lot, and as the time go I'm going to implement new features. ˆˆ :lol:

Return to “Commune”