Usergroups suggestion! Join/Create your own Usergroup!

All non Baka-Tsuki related topics

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Theclow
Astral Realm

Post by Theclow »

I want to request a asakura fan club. But knowing my luck it's gonna be "no".
Da~Mike
Astral Realm

Post by Da~Mike »

Wat about EVA? U liek??

(Horribly irrelevant? Yes. :P )
the_naming_game
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by the_naming_game »

Hey, what happened to the war? Was it getting out of hand, or something?

I like EVA, but I'm funny that way. I like what I've seen of the spin-offs as well, though it's hard to tell if it's the afterglow talking or not.
Da~Mike
Astral Realm

Post by Da~Mike »

Love and peace or else! :P

Spinoffs of EVA? Such as?
I've been reading the spin-off known as "Angelic Days" or literally "Steel Girlfiriend".
I think it was based on that episode where they showed an alternate reality (oh noes, here we go again. :P).

Back to topic.

I want to start a Koizumi Club!
GARRRR! :P

How about this, let's call it KISS:
* Koizumi Itsuki : Seriously Sexy
* Koizumi Is Super Sexy!

So? :P
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

the_naming_game wrote:Hey, what happened to the war? Was it getting out of hand, or something?

I like EVA, but I'm funny that way. I like what I've seen of the spin-offs as well, though it's hard to tell if it's the afterglow talking or not.

it was moved to the asakura fan club forum, please direct your wrath over there.

P.S: if your wondering, yes Yuki has a higher rank then Asakura in the Data Entity Collective so therefore she has clearance in the Asakura club forum.

:P
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
SubordinateFive
Astral Realm

Post by SubordinateFive »

Anybody who was following the war, or wants to participate—please join us here.
Theclow
Astral Realm

Post by Theclow »

onizuka-gto wrote:
the_naming_game wrote:Hey, what happened to the war? Was it getting out of hand, or something?

it was moved to the asakura fan club forum, please direct your wrath over there.

P.S: if your wondering, yes Yuki has a higher rank then Asakura in the Data Entity Collective so therefore she has clearance in the Asakura club forum.

Just wait after this war the great asakura-sama will block out yuki and hack into yuki's forums :P :twisted:
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Okay, enough banter here, keep it in the club forums please.

:roll:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
the_naming_game
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by the_naming_game »

EVA
There's "Girlfriend of Steel" and also a newer one that I think is still ongoing, called "Ikari Shinji Ikusei Keikaku" -- it's at one volume so far.

And then there's the manga by Sadamoto -- I'm not sure if you can even call it a spinoff, since he's about as official as you can get without being Hideaki Anno.

I've liked what I've read of all three, though part of it may be a sort of healing process, finding comfort in seeing the characters in more mundane circumstances. For the first two, I mean. The Evangelion manga by Sadamoto is just as raw as the anime.

And I haven't seen the endings for any of the manga (I don't think IkariShinjiIK nor the Sadamoto manga have finished yet, either.), so maybe my comfort in the nice beginnings for "Girlfriend of Steel" and IkariShinjiIK will be shattered after awhile. We should all know how much endings can change things, from having watched EVA.

----

IkariShinjiIK is actually closer to the alternate reality scene in the episode you mention. Or at least, I remember thinking that when I was watching the anime -- stupid me, I read the manga first. Incidentally, I read the Sadamoto manga before the anime as well. "Girlfriend of Steel" was read afterwards. Even with the pre-reading, though, it didn't really spoil my enjoyment. I wasn't as shocked, because I already knew to expect trauma, but the trauma that actually occurred was far more than I expected. Luckily I hadn't read far enough in the Sadamoto manga to get to the most startling revelations.

----

Now if you want to get into doujinshi, there is one that you absolutely can't miss. It's called "RE-TAKE" by (it's supposed to be capitalized.) Studio KIMIGABUCHI ... it's a brilliant piece of storytelling that continues from the last scene in "End of Evangelion." There are 4 volumes that I know of. And it's still ongoing -- there should be at least one more. I hope there's 4 more at least. At the speed the story's unfolding per volume, that would result in a well done ending. Of course, personally, I'd love to see a few more volumes on top of that.

wrath!
Ah yes, we can't allow our backup to get too high-minded. Good to see that Yuki club members have jurisdiction in our subordinate's territory. I'll try not to lord it over ... too much.

Looks like the warfare is heating up. I'll see about getting a hit in before returning to regularly scheduled Japanese cramming ... though my mind is pretty much shot for today.

Itsuki fan club
Made sure I wasn't going crazy, and yes, there already IS a Koizumi Itsuki fan club. Though I would prefer to call it the FITC club as in "Face is too close", that being his favorite pose.
Da~Mike
Astral Realm

Post by Da~Mike »

EVA
Apart from "Steel Girlfriend => Angelic Days" and the official manga, I haven't heard of the other two you mentioned The naming game.

While a lot of EVA fans probably want to take solace by reading all manners of spin-offs of EVA (hopefully ones with happy endings), I've left it at that since the anime is 10 years old now...
That said, in response to another of your posts elsewhere in the forum, yeah, the EVAs themselves were wicked. :D (Gundam and the lot seems rather daft in comparison... with the possible exception of Wing Zero Custom I think.)

Anyway, the only reason I picked up "Angelic Days" was simply because I saw positive reviews about it (and the fact that it got licensed).
Though if the justification for reading a manga is the fact that it is licensed by American firms, I suppose that would mean that I should read all the rubbish that Tokyopop is publishing...

I think not.

Itsuki Fan club... WHERE?!
Not that I'm particularly interested (as Onizuka could probably tell), I simply thought that if there's a flippin' club for four female characters already, what about one for the "格好いい" boy. :P
Betelgeuse
Astral Realm

Post by Betelgeuse »

sence Zero no Tsukaima is being translated I was wondering if people would be intested in forming a Miss Longueville fan club? A Montmorency fan club would be cool too. 8)
xenafax
Astral Realm

Post by xenafax »

How about a Kyon club?(not Kyaa Kyaa of course,if it's about Kyon,it should be something about laziness,eh?)
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

Dude you stole my avatar, wtf man! Take off that avatar >_>
I DEMAND JUSTICE!!
xenafax
Astral Realm

Post by xenafax »

Took of your "stolen" avatar.Happy now?
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »