If you had a superweapon

All non Baka-Tsuki related topics

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Umiman
Line Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

If you had a superweapon

Post by Umiman »

If you had a superweapon, what would it be?

Here are some basic guidelines to follow:
1. It can be anything, so long as you can justify it as a "superweapon". Heck, it could be a <<+!!super Sephiroth cosplay army generator +3!!+>> for all I care.
2. For the basis of this discussion, the rule of "always build at least three superweapons" can be ignored at your leisure.
3. Try to be honest with yourself. It's hard to describe something you made up to look "cool".
Let me start (I think everyone knows what I would put here):

Portable self-sizing giant orbital cannon array.

It would consist of 9 self-sustaining superlasers (each with the ability to engulf or shoot through a planetary body the size of Jupiter) that can either orbit a system or move about at will; an independent satellite system of sorts. These lasers would be of a continuous firing sort, not one shot beams, which can be redirected and resized at will. They can also be focus fired for increased, incredible damage.

These superlasers will be protected each by individual self-sustaining mini point defense systems that will slice through anything that approaches with (hopefully) perfect accuracy.

It's final ace in the hole will be that the superlasers and retinue can freely resize into any shape or form I desire and is capable of firing its arsenal through optional portals in the gun barrels that exit wherever I wish so as to maintain perfect stealth. (And also to trick assailants into thinking I have t3h l33t psychic powers of giant laser beam)

In short, the only weakness that I can think of for this system would be me. That and a total galactic meltdown.
...Tg...g.g........... And Kol Ravensabbey cried,
..g...B...g........@.. "In Armok's name!!!!"
T...T..B..g........... And there was bloodshed.
Setherzam
Void Mage

Post by Setherzam »

me? my superweapon would be a time stopper (like Sakuya's ability). yes its over rated and done way too many times.

Honestly I'm not much of an angry person so I wouldn't do much with it, maybe catch an extra few hours of sleep, make my room a bit bigger, perhaps cheat on the finals.

Really the most I would ever do with it is just fool around like that or save somone if they're in trouble in my sights?
IrishHaremOtaku
Astral Realm

Post by IrishHaremOtaku »

The ability to create anything....
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

Setherzam wrote:me? my superweapon would be a time stopper (like Sakuya's ability). yes its over rated and done way too many times.

Honestly I'm not much of an angry person so I wouldn't do much with it, maybe catch an extra few hours of sleep, make my room a bit bigger, perhaps cheat on the finals.

Really the most I would ever do with it is just fool around like that or save somone if they're in trouble in my sights?
I never really liked the idea of stopping, reversing, or playing with time in general because it just makes you age faster than you really should be.
...Tg...g.g........... And Kol Ravensabbey cried,
..g...B...g........@.. "In Armok's name!!!!"
T...T..B..g........... And there was bloodshed.
Setherzam
Void Mage

Post by Setherzam »

nah, with Sakuya's power she could control her internal clock, thus not age. Still I wouldn't mind a bigger backpack >.> Time manipulation!
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

I'll go with Seth, not much beats being able to control time.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

my super weapon is the ability to destroying all the people of super powers and all forms of weapons, and anything that can be used as an external weapon into mush.

of course this means it's very own destruction, but a super weapon won't be very super if it's not a danger to itself, ne?

plus time weaponary is nullified as any attempt to skip forward to a period after the firing of the weaponary will be met by a time quake wall which will prevent any entry after a certain time.

so obviously after a firing, no time weaponary can go back either.

so the only real weakness is that the knowledge of such a thing is possible but it would take an act of sheer coincident if they firgured out what caused it, and track me down, and stop me from making/activating it.

but by then it'll be too laaate! Muwahaa!

*robs everybody of there super-weaponary and goes round slapping everyone*

:)
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Beware the talking cat
Dot Mage

Post by Beware the talking cat »

My superweapon would be a time-control superweapon with the additional ability to be entirely unaffected by any anti-superweapon, anti-time machine, or anything else that would make it stop working, including those which have immunity to counter-anti superweapon defenses, those which would counter this ability, and those which would try to counter any abilities related to my superweapon or stop it in any way.
Administrator
Archnemesis of the name changing guy.
Setherzam
Void Mage

Post by Setherzam »

actually wou know what would be a nice weapon now? the Mod's edit powers
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

actually the best super weapon would be the one that can make a blast radius that simply make people have explosive crippling orgasms.

I bet people will celebrate when a declaration of super-weaponry war, and stamped to the point of impact.

:)
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

Beware the talking cat wrote:My superweapon would be a time-control superweapon with the additional ability to be entirely unaffected by any anti-superweapon, anti-time machine, or anything else that would make it stop working, including those which have immunity to counter-anti superweapon defenses, those which would counter this ability, and those which would try to counter any abilities related to my superweapon or stop it in any way.
PARADOX!
If it is able to counter anything that attempted to stop it, then it should be able to stop an exact replica of it. However that would contradict the machine's ability to counter anything that attempted to stop it, and the fabric of the universe tears apart and everyone dies anyway.
BTW, just to sound like an annoying noob, YUKI COUNTERS EVERYTHING.
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

Hm...

I want a super weapon thats shaped like a sword, and it'll let you become mightier than god but it can't be used by anyone except me and anyone that isn't me that makes any kind of physical/mental contact with it will be raped by Shota-con-kun's army of young male sex slaves and then cut into tiny little pieces.
Setherzam
Void Mage

Post by Setherzam »

onizuka-gto wrote:actually the best super weapon would be the one that can make a blast radius that simply make people have explosive crippling orgasms.

Best. weapon. ever

even better, a beam that makes anyone fired at very attracted to you. It needs a counter beam of course

oo you know what'd be nice? make anime characters real and into your loyal slaves
Last edited by Setherzam on Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

How about a weapon that allowed you to just think about the target? Then, the person targeted would scream, "Uso da!" and start going on a rampage for you. No one could ever trace it, and you could get people to do crazy and stupid stuff.
Zero
Astral Realm

Post by Zero »

My superweapon is a pair of glasses...that gives you extreme speed, strength, endurance, and a psycho split personality when worn. :D

Return to “Commune”