Oz's colourful son

All non Baka-Tsuki related topics

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Da~Mike
Astral Realm

Oz's colourful son

Post by Da~Mike »

I'm surprised no one actually posted anything in the forum regarding the truly "untimely and freakish" death of Steve Irwin, the crocodile hunter.

I don't believe I need to post any links regarding the sad incident but I suppose I'll post this Wiki link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Irwin

I'm at a loss for words to describe how sorry I feel about the premature demise of Steve Irwin. I can still remember watching his documentaries as a wee child when they first appeared almost a decade ago.

I simply don't know what to say...
the_naming_game
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by the_naming_game »

Though neither an alien, esper, nor time traveler, Steve Irwin was definitely not an ordinary human. Though I never really paid much attention to his antics, being preoccupied with my own, I always thought of him as "a hell of a good bloke" -- and all nature conservation and other such good causes aside, that's why I'll feel sorry for his passing.

Raise your glasses high, everyone, and say a few "Crikey"s for him.

P.S. -- News shows start to make my skin crawl after an hour. I know it's the way of the media to milk this thing for all it's worth, but I still shudder at what it does to the people who compulsively watch it. Rot my mind with anime instead! (Crikey!)
SubordinateFive
Astral Realm

Post by SubordinateFive »

About a hundred years ago, there was a man who was struck by lightning on five separate occasions and survived. He later died from pneumonia. (True story!)

I was hoping Steve Irwin would eventually meet such a fate (surviving extreme danger yet dying of natural causes, old age, etc.) but sadly, that didn't happen.

RIP Steve Irwin (1962-2006)
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Well one thing he was right about, he said he knew reptiles and that he would never put himself in danger with them.

It comes with a shock that a fish got him, ironicially the prey of crocodilian reptiles, The camera was in front of the stingray and scared it, it lashed out at Steve who was above it, the camera man only notice the accident when he was bleeding, which steve had pulled out, which more or likely killed him as you should never pull out a barbed stingray tail, but if he had left it in the venom would of killed him.

It's with bitter irony that he was born in the camera light, and in the end, died within it.

A great man, who had the courage to do the things, sensibility would deny us mortals, someone who had more confident in himself then anyone else.

Rest in peace and happy wrangling, Crocodile Hunter.
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
ratslayer
Astral Realm

Post by ratslayer »

not only a great naturalist, also a great man and devoted father, it is really sad how he died, but also is an expected way for him to die
I really admired his spirit

people allways will remember his work for nature

Return to “Commune”