San Diego Comic-Con 2010

All non Baka-Tsuki related topics

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

San Diego Comic-Con 2010

Post by b0mb3r »

Well those who knows me I tried to attempt to go every year to San Diego Comic-Con. This year I already got my plane tickets and comic-con ticket. The last thing I needed was to book the hotel and Comic-Con was willing to have a discount hotel reservation last Thursday. The procedure was horrible. While it ask you to choose the top 12 hotels and it goes first-serve-first-come none of that happened. I reserved my hotel within 8 blocks from the convention instead I was put a god damn 10 MILES! JC! I was so bitter and pissed that I had to wait until 8 hours (they say they will respond in 3) for this f*cked up answer. So is here a rule for those you are going. Don't ever used Travel Planner and always have a back-up hotel! Luckily I have a sort of back up plan since my cousin works at one of the hotels there and will tried to get me a room except this year Leadership Summit is held at same hotel during this convention. Funny what will Al Gore thinks of Comic Con when is practically next door. Point being Hyatt hates comic-con and are now booked for thy "important" figures. I pray that my cousin will get me a decent room, a decent price and a chance to laugh at the political figures.

Anyway who else is going?

baka baka baka
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: San Diego Comic-Con 2010

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

I just moved back east so not I. I went in '08 though, best convention evar. 8)
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

TheGiftedMonkey wrote:I just moved back east so not I. I went in '08 though, best convention evar. 8)
Better change thar part on your profile Arizona. Sadly 08 was the year I really messed up that I couldn't go.

baka baka baka
Setherzam
Void Mage

Post by Setherzam »

I just came back from A-kon last week. no thank you. I'm still trying to get all the water back from my oven like cosplay
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

Setherzam wrote:I just came back from A-kon last week. no thank you. I'm still trying to get all the water back from my oven like cosplay
i think my next convention I'll just go to anime con from now on.

who did you cosplay as? any pics?

baka baka baka
Fushichou
Koizumi Ranger
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Fushichou »

...oh Gosh...
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

Flying off tomorrow, meaning another week loss of internet and anime catching up. sigh. Apparently the hotel my Cuz had connection with couldn't get me in due to a devious plan. They hate Comic Con goers. Whether is exhibitors or attendees or comicbook celebrities, point being is right next to the convention and it just hates the attention it gets. Could be image quality or integrity, who knows? All I do know is that they purposely set the date for the "AHA Health Forum Leadership Summit" the same week as comic-con to f*ck off the comic-goers. A good excuse for not to reserve a hotel and f*ck me over back in March. Anyway anyone here going? Maybe we can meet up and stuff.

baka baka baka
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

I went but I hadn't realized I had to per-purchase tickets to get one. I ended up going to the San Diego Zoo and met a really nice couple and their grandkids. I probably had a much more awesome day than if I waited four hours in line for a ticket to a crowded con.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

^ DAN! BLASPHEMY! lol yeah I understand your view. Sometimes is not that exciting. The number one reason I had to go is because it attracts all the little guys and I am trying to build up a network with them instead of those HALL H ppl.

ps. I just realize I am a hundred post away from you. I am so catching up.

baka baka baka

Return to “Commune”