LN, VN creation.. for n00bs

All non Baka-Tsuki related topics

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

shichinanatsu
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

LN, VN creation.. for n00bs

Post by shichinanatsu »

inspired ideas from a lot of the hosted LNs here in B-T have been whirling in my head for the past couple of years.. so i was thinking of seriously setting out to try my hand at being a light novel author (maybe even a scenario writer for VNs) by my own right..

as of now i have 2 major preliminary story lines.. problem is, i would REALLY want to get in touch with serious fan illustrators, fellow author-wannabes and ruthless LN and VN otaku.. anybody in here mind pointing me at the right direction? (though i LIKELY wouldn't mind having my debut under B-T's envelope.. 8) )
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

[070428] アメサラサ (amesarasa)
[090925] 夏ノ雨 (natsu no ame)
[120831] イモウトノカタチ (imouto no katachi)
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: LN, VN creation.. for n00bs

Post by b0mb3r »

well with the internet you get an easier start than ten years back. this post is the right step. if you know some javascript or someone with that skill to make your own website. from there you post whatever story you want. hopefully someone will pick it up. though from what i understand (and you probably too) LN and VN are mostly surrounded by japanese. yes we have light novels being translate but if you think about it, you writing a light novel would be simply considered a novel here in the US. so if you post something I'm not sure a good VN company will pick you up. For light novelist you basically find a pubilisher like any writer does to get your work out there.

for getting some fans to do your illustration go to sites like deviant art and find some people. networking is very important. seriously that place is filled with anime drawers. I would help but I'm still an artist in training and not in the field you desire (basically a sculptur than drawer....then again i could but a anime sculpture hmm.)

the most important thing is that you keep on writing and polishing your skills in writing. if you want to do an VN, start your own group like the people who are currently making Katawa Shoujo are doing.

baka baka baka
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

So, shichinanatsu, what happened in the end? Did you start making your own LN or VN? Kinda tempting to find out
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

Well...

Oreimo decided to kind of give you a picture into that.

Seriously, How the hell did Kirino get published so quick?
onizuka-gto wrote:Big Boss was playing with the cosmic forces and forgot to switch the blog database back on.
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

as it turns out, i did end up taking my dare seriously.. while pretty much a prototype VN script, at least i made a bonafide effort to start.. 8)

.. and while i'm at it, can i merge this thread with that for my baby??
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

[070428] アメサラサ (amesarasa)
[090925] 夏ノ雨 (natsu no ame)
[120831] イモウトノカタチ (imouto no katachi)

Return to “Commune”