I never really realized until now...

All non Baka-Tsuki related topics

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Fushichou
Koizumi Ranger
Favourite Light Novel:

I never really realized until now...

Post by Fushichou »

How insignificant your friendships from grade school are. This time next year, I will never see 90% of my current friends again. Ever. It's sad, but kind of refreshing knowing you get a new start.

I always thought it was important, building up relationships, maintaining my less than significant social life (I've never been particularly popular), and making sure to go to ____'s party. I honestly have trouble looking these same people in the eye anymore though, because I know that they will be an obsolete memory in such a short while. It's partly frightening, partly depressing, partly exciting, and partly I-don't-know-how-I-feel.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: I never really realized until now...

Post by b0mb3r »

Fushichou wrote:How insignificant your friendships from grade school are. This time next year, I will never see 90% of my current friends again. Ever. It's sad, but kind of refreshing knowing you get a new start.

I always thought it was important, building up relationships, maintaining my less than significant social life (I've never been particularly popular), and making sure to go to ____'s party. I honestly have trouble looking these same people in the eye anymore though, because I know that they will be an obsolete memory in such a short while. It's partly frightening, partly depressing, partly exciting, and partly I-don't-know-how-I-feel.
aww sounds like someone is graduating. I sort of understand what you mean. I known all my friends since 2nd grade but after highschool I barely see them. Is a little sad but as anime emphasize so much is the memories that counts. So yeah cherish it buddy. Also you'll see many more people in the future.

baka baka baka
chrnno
Line Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by chrnno »

I changed schools many times so I understand the feeling. So many people you consider your friends that you simply never meet again.
Can I say something about destiny? Screw destiny! If this evil thing comes we'll fight it, and we'll keep fighting it until we whoop it. 'Cause destiny is just another word for inevitable and nothing's inevitable as long as you stand up, look it in the eye, and say 'You're evitable!'
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

I guess I have had the good grace of finding excellent friends. I still hang out with all the ones I met in grade/high school. Even while I was out of state for 4 years I talked to them regularly and visited. Hell they even came out and lived with me for a few months at a time. 8)
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

TheGiftedMonkey wrote:Hell they even came out and lived with me for a few months at a time. 8)
you run a hostel or something?

baka baka baka
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Nah, just had a 2-story townhouse so there was plenty of room.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

TheGiftedMonkey wrote:Nah, just had a 2-story townhouse so there was plenty of room.
Have you found yourself in a "Love Hina" situation yet?

baka baka baka
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Never have nor do I want to. I'm a very laid back guy and I've learned the hard way that women = drama. I've got a few close female friends, and I could live with 1, maybe 2, but any more than that is insanity.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

TheGiftedMonkey wrote:Never have nor do I want to. I'm a very laid back guy and I've learned the hard way that women = drama. I've got a few close female friends, and I could live with 1, maybe 2, but any more than that is insanity.
lol I know what you mean, especially when my campus is 4-1 girls to guys, it is a bit overwhelming. Reading your comment I can't help but laugh because you have that silly avatar. It gives an image you're being sarcastic.

baka baka baka
p0l3r
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by p0l3r »

Yeah me too its also really weird how when you go to elementry to high school everyone judges on what clothes you wear and how you act its a big shocker. Then when you graduate no one gives a shit anymore lol...
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

I gotta agree. Friendships don't mean much to me. My family had to move around a lot because of my dad's job when I was young so I never made any serious bonds.
Rectifier
Astral Realm

Post by Rectifier »

The only friends that I actually cared about in grade school were my friends from high school, but yeah, I've pretty much not kept in touch with them except every once in a while on facebook.
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by HolyCow »

I have a few close friends from my highschool days that I still keep in touch with, but I suppose it's more of a case of Malaysia being small and me not leaving the country for further education (local private college FTW). To quote a (imo) very meaningful excerpt from the NHK novel:
At reunions and parties, everyone laughed and made a big fuss. Those events were fun, as was karaoke. Everyone had a good time and seemed sure that the future would be perfect. We could become anything! We could do anything! We could become happy!

These things were true - but steadily, very steadily, at a speed so terribly slow we didn't even notice it, we were being run down. There was nothing we could do, even if we were in trouble, defeated, or crying. Every one of us eventually had some terrible experiences. The only difference was whether it would happen sooner or latter; but in the end, we would all fall into some really unbearable situation.
/me claws out throat and dies
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

Has anyone realized with Facebook anything is possible... :roll:

But it will most likely end up your closest friends are always talking to you on Skype.
onizuka-gto wrote:Big Boss was playing with the cosmic forces and forgot to switch the blog database back on.
chrnno
Line Mage

Post by chrnno »

Yes because having someone on facebook will guarantee a great friendship for the rest of your lifes. :roll:
Can I say something about destiny? Screw destiny! If this evil thing comes we'll fight it, and we'll keep fighting it until we whoop it. 'Cause destiny is just another word for inevitable and nothing's inevitable as long as you stand up, look it in the eye, and say 'You're evitable!'

Return to “Commune”