Which kind of government do you like?

All non Baka-Tsuki related topics

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

The one that makes changes.
71%
The one that doesn't make changes.
29%

Total votes: 7

Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Just asking like that, since Canada is on elections right now and the US will do it in a year or so. Personally, I'm more liberal/democrat. How about you?
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Which kind of government do you like?

Post by b0mb3r »

That's the thing. I don't know how to categorize myself nor do I want to. all these argument between left-wing, right-wing, fascists, communists, democrats, anarchist, etc. Where do I stand in all these societal ties? I understand that if you live in a country you are a citizen of that country and your loyalty lies there. I see myself as a global citizen for the sake of humanity and not the hidden agendas behind each government. I can already be seen as a dangerous individual since I am a thought-provoker, the questionteer, the artist, the corrupter, whatever. Is just a matter of time before someone will get me. I despise those who abuse their power for their own selfish reasons.

baka baka baka
Zell_ff8
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Zell_ff8 »

The law is always behind the society. And I don't think any country is perfect enough as to go without major changes for a full period.
I don't know about the factions, but I choose for changes. Of course there are several options with different types of changes, so I'll vote the changes I like more or I see more important.

(not from US/Canada, but in 6 months there'll be national elections in my country)
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by ben1234 »

I pick the government that won't raise taxes and send warplanes to oil rich countries
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

ben1234 wrote:I pick the government that won't raise taxes and send warplanes to oil rich countries
I can hint what warplanes you are talking of. :D
Kira0802

Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

I choose the government that will destroy corporations because they are evil.

Also, raise taxes to back before Bush-Era cuts for the wealthy...
onizuka-gto wrote:Big Boss was playing with the cosmic forces and forgot to switch the blog database back on.
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

kira0802 wrote:
ben1234 wrote:I pick the government that won't raise taxes and send warplanes to oil rich countries
I can hint what warplanes you are talking of. :D
Ya, I'm probably leaning towards voting for Liberals
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

ben1234 wrote:Ya, I'm probably leaning towards voting for Liberals
And me towards the Bloc.
Poke2201 wrote:I choose the government that will destroy corporations because they are evil.

Also, raise taxes to back before Bush-Era cuts for the wealthy...
Left-sided, aren't you?
Kira0802

Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

Fiscally Conservative.

Socially liberal.

Im against tax cuts though. Want to know more about my position just ask.
onizuka-gto wrote:Big Boss was playing with the cosmic forces and forgot to switch the blog database back on.
Zell_ff8
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Zell_ff8 »

I don't know why taxes are a criteria for choosing. Taxes are necessary. At least I don't complain for more or less taxes, I complain on where those funds go to and its distribution.
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

In the US people are against taxes for some goddamned reason. I don't know how its like in other countries, but taxes are an "issue" here.
Zell_ff8
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Zell_ff8 »

Tax by definition is how a state gets funds, and public funds are needed for everything, roads, infrastructure, subsidies, actions, health, security, education, salaries. Wanting "no tax" is absolutely absurd because then you'll be paying the real value for everything. (and absurd example: a sandwich real value can be 230u$s).
I don't know in those countries, but in Argentina if there's a new tax, for example, at energy bills, it's stated: "2% tax according to bill #xxxxx of 'Sport activity support'" or "Mid-level education fund". So at some extent you know where your taxes are going.

The only complaints I ever heard about taxes are (1) the use of them, for example useless bureaucracy (creating new and useless sub-sub-secretaries and pay the employees salaries for doing nothing -they have a proper definition: "ñoquis: public employee that gets paid for doing nothing") or actual corruption of not using the money for what it was meant for. or (2) the purpose of them. For example the 50% customs tax for import via postal mail. Its too much and has no grounds, a pendrive, a shoe, or an industrial blender, everything goes to the same rag.

By the contrary, often you see people movilizating for MORE taxes in order to create a new service or a new fund for something.
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

Well... Some people believe taxes are too high.... WHILE THERES A DEFICIT IN THE US BUDGET!!!!!

Sure spending should go down, but its ridiculous to think that we shouldn't increase taxes.

If anything, corporate tax code needs to be fixed... Some corporations don't pay taxes in the US.
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

I'm very disappointed at seeing Harper get his majority. Now the country will go further into debt by investing useless warplanes and wars the country has no right to be in

And what makes it even worse is that our taxes are going up again so Harper can pass some more bills to give himself a raise :roll:
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

"Which kind of government do you like?"

Well, At this moment? ones that has a head of State that can crack a joke, absobloodylutely kick the llama's arse and break the biatchs bollocks when the situations calls for it.

Good one Yanks, thanks for avenging the London Bombing, some what.
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto

Return to “Commune”