QUESTION

All non Baka-Tsuki related topics

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

swy999
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

QUESTION

Post by swy999 »

I'm really grateful to baka-tsuki and I would like to help as much as i can but unfortunately my japanese skills are low (but still learning) so I can't help translating , but I noticed that some novels (although a few) are translated in romanian... Now, my question is : Is it worth it to help translating them ? I mean, there are only about 500/600 views on those pages so should I help or is it a waste of time .

Moved to the proper Forum section. May want to think up some new subject lines instead of "QUESTION". :wink: -TGM
Hy there... How are you?
Astounding Bison
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: QUESTION

Post by Astounding Bison »

So long as you enjoy it, I don't think it's a waste of time at all.
swy999
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by swy999 »

how do I register ? (for translating)
Hy there... How are you?
rpapo
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by rpapo »

swy999 wrote:how do I register ? (for translating)
Well, you simply start doing it. It's an open wiki, after all. After you've done the work for a while, and show no sign of disappearing after a simple flash of enthusiasm, then the masters of this web site may let you join the group called "Project Translators". I started doing things around here in December 2009, but I wasn't "promoted" until sometime in the summer of 2010. I think it has less to do with your ability than with your steadiness.
swy999
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by swy999 »

... so I just start translating without notifying anybody ?! ... No even register which chapters I want to translate ?
Hy there... How are you?
rpapo

Post by rpapo »

swy999 wrote:... so I just start translating without notifying anybody ?! ... No even register which chapters I want to translate ?
Oh yeah. Yes, you must reserve the chapter you want to work on. Use the registration page for that. That will notify anybody else to leave it alone, and pick something else to work on instead. You're not in too much danger of conflict, though, if you're going to be translating English to Romanian. I can only think of one recently active Romanian translator...
swy999
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by swy999 »

To register , do I enter the registration page , click edit and type my name?
Hy there... How are you?
rpapo

Post by rpapo »

Place your name next to the chapter you want to work on. Use whatever format was used by others to mark their chapters. You can look at the registration page for Toradora or any of the other established projects to see how that has been done by others.
swy999
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by swy999 »

Thank you very much for your help and sorry to bother you.
Hy there... How are you?
swy999
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by swy999 »

Sorry, one more question ... Let's say that I translate it in romanian ... How do I post it? Where?
Hy there... How are you?
rpapo

Post by rpapo »

You caught me in the middle of commenting on what you've done. First, what I was writing:

Saw what you did already. The only suggestion I would have is that even though Liardiary hasn't touched Toradora (Romanian) in nearly a year, you may want to compare notes with him, since he was the last person to touch the project in any serious way. And, after you've done something with the translation, you should add yourself to the list of translators on the Toradora (Romanian) home page, and update the page that Kira0802 created to show the status of all the various projects.

Now, the latest question. You will need to edit the Toradora (Romanian) home page to create a link to the new chapter. Observe how Liardiary did it before, and keep to the naming convention unless you have a serious problem with it. Once you've created the new link and saved the updated page, click on the new (and currently red) link. You will be told the page doesn't exist, but you will be given the opportunity to create the new page. You can start entering text immediately.

Most existing pages have a certain amount of annotation superstructure. You may want to clone the general structure of one of Liardiary's pages as a starting point, adjusting anything you find there to suit your new page.
swy999
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by swy999 »

How do I reach liardiary? and what page are you talking about (Kira0802...i think) ?
Hy there... How are you?
rpapo

Post by rpapo »

swy999 wrote:How do I reach liardiary?
Since I don't see him on the forum member list, the only option you have is to add a note to his talk page: http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... :Liardiary. The next time he logs into the Wiki, he should be notified of the update to his talk page. The last time he logged in, though, was in late March of this year, about six weeks ago. Or rather, that was the last time he changed anything on the Wiki.
swy999 wrote:and what page are you talking about (Kira0802...i think) ?
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4202
swy999
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by swy999 »

Ok... Thank you. I'm gonna go to sleep now (I don't know your timezone but in mine it is LATE). If I have any more questions I will post them on this topic and I hope you will answer them when you can (But I think that I've got the idea pretty good). Thank you again and good night.
Hy there... How are you?
rpapo

Post by rpapo »

Sounds like you're in Europe. Late varies by person, age and personal habits. It's late for me too, though the sun hasn't quite set here. I get up weekdays on 4:30am so I can be at my desk at work by 6am. Weekends I sleep in . . . to 5:30am.

You can tell I'm not a teenager :lol:

お休みなさい。。。

Return to “Commune”