KIRA's images for posting

All non Baka-Tsuki related topics

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Rajikai
Sailor Tsuki
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: KIRA's images for posting

Post by Rajikai »

Kira0802 wrote:Is the image blurry, BTW?
not really it looks good.
1,550/3,400
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Kira0802 wrote:Is the image blurry, BTW?
If this counts for anything, on my monitor, it is alright, but it could be sharper. In a sense, it is too "soft."
Rajikai
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Rajikai »

If you want sharp images, It's best to save it as PNG, rather than JPG/JPEG. It's barely noticeable by the human eye, I'd guess, but it's a loseless format. However, It is larger in size and takes longer to load. Personally, I save everything in PNG. Sometimes in jpg, but rarely. Is it worth it? IDk, your choice. I don't know the exact details either.
1,550/3,400
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

I just looked at it here on the forum.
Rajikai
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Rajikai »

It was directed towards Quira. Anyways, even if it were on a forums, the image quality would remain the same. The factors that determine image quality (If it has already been taken/made), is the file format, and computer gfx memory. Or at least that's what I assume. I have no facts to back that up, nor will I try to find some.
1,550/3,400
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

I kinda always use JPEG because...that's my default saving format.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
Rajikai
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Rajikai »

Yep, I assume Jpg is the most common type, because it's small, loads faster, and sounds cooler ;)
1,550/3,400
YoakeNoHikari
Project Translator

Post by YoakeNoHikari »

Lossless just means that it loses none of its original quality when compressed.

If you want to talk about image quality, then that's something completely different. That depends on how the picture is made. The graphics memory or whatever you're talking about has negligible effect on the quality of a viewed image. Things that would affect the quality of an image viewed on the screen: poor image quality, absurdly horrible (impossible) screen dpi, fingerprints on your screen, a broken screen, a horrible screen, and lighting conditions of your room, (and screen.)
Even eternity can be encased in ice.
hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by hobogunner »

Bleh, I had this typed then FF shutdown.

Basically:
PNG is lossless, as Hikari said, however it makes it often quite large in file size. (Though it does compress some, when reopened, there is no change at all.)
JPG is variable compression, and mostly retains more than enough for the naked eye to not be able to tell any difference between it and the PNG form, at a much smaller file size.
GIF, as crazy as it sounds, is also lossless, the 'data' remains untouched, however files are so much smaller due to color compression as it only has 256 colors(?)

If you notice, you cannot upload a .png file to Baka-Tsuki, as they are often quite large in file size.

Also, Hikari is correct, your GDDR(X) serves almost no role unless you are doing something that has to use FPS, such as a video game, or a high demand program like photoshop / video editing.

Screens are built usually to be displayed at X resolution or lower, if you want it to look "really pretty" take the res up as high as you can go before your screen shuts off. (If it shuts off, click no buttons, and just wait 30 seconds.) There are generic rules about setting a monitors resolution per it's size, but other resolutions may suit your fancy better.
Rajikai wrote:Yep, I assume Jpg is the most common type, because it's small, loads faster, and sounds cooler ;)
Actually, online depending on what you're looking for, you're more apt to find .gif, as the color palate is smaller and it is alot smaller (which inherently means it will load faster.)
Maybe this is just too fast, too real -Stay Close, Parabelle
Snails see the benefits, the beauty in every inch -Snails, The Format
You thought you could find happiness just over that green hill; you thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still
-Learn To Be Still, The Eagles
Rajikai
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Rajikai »

I see... I didn't know such things. That's why I placed assumed, where it refers to my knowledge on this being all on opinion. I did a bit of research, and figured that Gfx memory is basically how fast the image loads.. Or something like that. *bows* Thank you for your insight.

Feels weird getting lectured by two people... Oh well. gif being the most common... Idk about that. I guess it's like you said. Depending on what your looking for...
1,550/3,400
hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by hobogunner »

This explains it to entry level, and I don't really feel like typing something that I may not recall correctly or getting out my computer books:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_card#Video_memory

You're always using it, but if you don't game or video/photo editing, there is little need for much.

And, after researching it further, even for gaming (after looking at benchmark tests), you'd have to be playing a crazy visual game on an insane resolution for your GDDR(X) to be crying. They were using GDDR5, so, obviously it is faster than my GDDR3 512MB card, but for what I do there is no difference.
Maybe this is just too fast, too real -Stay Close, Parabelle
Snails see the benefits, the beauty in every inch -Snails, The Format
You thought you could find happiness just over that green hill; you thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still
-Learn To Be Still, The Eagles
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

One of my newest creations:
Test2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kira0802

ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

You should make that your new signature. :wink:
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

ainsoph9 wrote:You should make that your new signature. :wink:
Bad for my reputation though.
Kira0802

ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Because of all of the girls? At least none of them are any suggestive positions or clothing.

Return to “Commune”