>>Rant here<<

All non Baka-Tsuki related topics

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

>>Rant here<<

Post by hobogunner »

So, it's almost 1 A.M., my ability to translate is burning out, and I figured "Hey, why not start a new topic where people just rant?"

Here is a rant by me on August 7th. Don't worry, I've written many more, this is just the most friendly for the forum. :lol: Rated PG-13. (The spoiler will release a slight wall of text.)
Spoiler! :
I'm writing this to attempt to keep myself in check for the next few years. Mahou shoujo Madoka magica (look it up if you have time) is currently my desktop background after having the AC background for over 4 years. It feels strange, I cannot deny that, however, moving to California has gotten me all f*cked up. I just don't know what to do...not in a desperate sense by any means. Simply that I'm just wondering aimlessly, because if I put it bluntly to myself I really am just stuck. I don't care for my mom's prying, albeit she has the right to, however that doesn't mean I have to like it. Also, I never wrote this in any of my past entries, but my trick to not give a f*ck about the bleed out was by watching...anime. Yeah, who knew? Last fall I watched a show called 'Toaru kagaku no railgun' [There is no scientific railgun]. It was quite interesting, in the sense that it gave me my first waifu, and only one I am true to. Go f*ck yourself if that disgusted you, this isn't for you, this is for me. Anyways, I will say that anime can change your thinking mannerisms, but I will never let one slide slandering it, calling it filth. There is an art to it, and a very fine one at that. However, my mom hilariously doesn't recognize the taboo it brings. If you walk into a room and declare "I LOVE ANIME! I'm an otaku." Odds are you're not going to make any friends out of anyone in that room, even if they like it too. It's just an odd taboo, that just works out really weirdly. Being me, I really don't care. As long as I can go home (wherever the f*ck that is) and lay my head in my duck pillow and talk to my stuffed animals, then whatever. I don't give a flying f*ck. I just live life how I should live it. Not afraid of anything, but never accepting anything either. In a strange Limbo where I don't care to move and am pleased with where I am at. This sense of complacency is starting to piss me off though. School starts in 2 weeks. Then I get to try myself out, and figure out what I really want to do. Nobody knows me here, yet at the same time, I don't care to be known by anyone here. Guess I'm just weird like that. However, I feel the need to continue my emo book, and odds are this will bleed over into it. So, goodnight me, with love, always, me.
Feel free to rant or whatever on this thread, I figure it couldn't hurt to share our real world problems occasionally.
Maybe this is just too fast, too real -Stay Close, Parabelle
Snails see the benefits, the beauty in every inch -Snails, The Format
You thought you could find happiness just over that green hill; you thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still
-Learn To Be Still, The Eagles
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: >>Rant here<<

Post by b0mb3r »

and thus 10 days later he joined BT and now have a internet nakima.

baka baka baka
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

b0mb3r wrote:and thus 10 days later he joined BT and now have a internet nakima.
Many.

Though it's possible to create a balanced life between anime and life.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by hobogunner »

b0mb3r wrote:and thus 10 days later he joined BT and now have a internet nakima.
You caught on to that pretty quickly. :lol:
kira0802 wrote:Though it's possible to create a balanced life between anime and life.
Yeah, its pretty easy as long as you're willing to get crappy sleep. :?
You thought you could find happiness just over that green hill; you thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

I can manage 6 hours per day.
Kira0802

b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

kira0802 wrote:I can manage 6 hours per day.
oh boy say that again when you're in college.

baka baka baka
hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by hobogunner »

I'm in college and average about 10 hours per day. I also run quite a bit. :roll:
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

hobogunner wrote:I'm in college and average about 10 hours per day. I also run quite a bit. :roll:
Good for ya health...
Kira0802

b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

kira0802 wrote:
hobogunner wrote:I'm in college and average about 10 hours per day. I also run quite a bit. :roll:
Good for ya health...
i thought you need a 8.25 hrs to sleep but then 10? over kill

baka baka baka
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Teh_ping »

In EX translating mode, I found that I only need 15 minutes sleep. Of course, the price to pay is steep...

I know they're a large company and such, but I'm still waiting for Yen Press to give me a reply on my application to be a translator.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Yen Press is great. If you get in, tell the company to ship more novels into Canada's bookstore. :lol:
Kira0802

hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by hobogunner »

Teh_ping wrote:In EX translating mode, I found that I only need 15 minutes sleep. Of course, the price to pay is steep...
Just 15 minutes? What's the price? A ritual or something?
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Teh_ping »

2 cups of Teh Ping. Remember, Teh Ping--Iced milk tea. If extra sweet, will keep me really awake on sugar-high, so this is a dangerous forbidden technique to my kidneys.

Just did that, and will be watching the bears vs packers.
hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by hobogunner »

You know what's really sad? Now I know what to ask for if I'm really thirsty in Asian countries. They'll either hand me a cup of iced milk tea, or redirect me to your twitter page like your signature does. :lol:

I have yet to see what comes on here, I'll look as soon as my mom leaves so I don't have to get dressed. 8)
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

hobogunner wrote:You know what's really sad? Now I know what to ask for if I'm really thirsty in Asian countries. They'll either hand me a cup of iced milk tea, or redirect me to your twitter page like your signature does. :lol:

I have yet to see what comes on here, I'll look as soon as my mom leaves so I don't have to get dressed. 8)
I usually ask for a can of sweet tea

baka baka baka

Return to “Commune”