News of the day

All non Baka-Tsuki related topics

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: News of the day

Post by ainsoph9 »

Well, citizens of the United States mourn today as a result of the terrorist attack at a Boston marathon. As of the writing of this post, 3 are confirmed dead with over 100 injured from twin bombs that went off during the annual marathon at the John F. Kennedy library as racers were crossing the finish line. There are not many confirmed details yet. However, thoughts, feelings, and prayers go to the families and victims of this horrendous attack.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Hong Kongers want to protect Snowden, they see him as advocate of free speech and a finger to the Mainland China in that if any other Chinese National wants to do the same thing, he should come to Hong Kong for protection. (which they do already)

On another note, while China can't be seen to interfere with his extradition (When/if it happens), i don't think they will anyway. They definitely scored a political coup and they don't have to lift a finger, if HK court of law rules in Snowden favour, Beijing can just shrug their shoulders and say: Oh well! We can't do anything about that! One country two system you know! ARE YOU LOOKING TAIWAN? IT WOOORRRKS! (not really)

And if it doesn't and just let snowden get shipped back, the accusation of being a Chinese spy would dissolve.

Either outcome is the perfect storm, just as they have met with the USA and just when they were being accused of infringing privacy on private citizen again (old news), seems like the moral high horse is a little lower for the other side and from some points of view, it seems pretty level ground....in the privacy infringement looking glass, so to speak. :roll:
:roll: :roll: :lol:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]

Post by Nurin »

Brazil is under war!! Explode! and change the governament!Down de taxes! Everything here is to expensive!

Protest moment off :lol:

Well, here we are under protests, people gone to the streets and stopped the traffic, it became a battle between the cops and the manifestors, since I'm a hikikomori, I just watch from home 8) I don't go to street for such a fool reason(?)
Call me Nurin!

ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

As for the whole "the government is spying on us" shtick, I did not really know about this particular incident until last night when my mom told me about it, although I had heard people saying things to a similar effect for some time now. My personal opinion is that I want out of the country for this and other reasons, but that probably will not happen any time soon...

In other news, netizens were outraged by Chinese tourists, who took pictures of themselves posing with a dying dolphin that was critically wounded. They had lifted the dolphin out of the water to take the pictures. Someone else apparently had called the Chinese authorities for help. The authorities arrived at the scene but were unable to save the dolphin. No arrests or charges have been made, and it remains unknown if the tourists contributed to speeding along the dolphin's death. However, this has not prevented some from making some very strong statements on the internet worldwide.
bestnumber?8721
Taiga's Sword

Post by bestnumber?8721 »

It's one day old... But

Kevin Rudd jst signed a document which would prevent (illegal) asylum seekers entering Australia forever (unless its been challenged in the High Court, which in that case will be good for me coz I got another case to add in my repertoire! Or if it gets repealed).

Now asylum seekers will be redirected to Papua New Guinea for processing...

Any thoughts on this?
Technically I'm an evil spirit.

Can edit stuff if need be, I've just been bored and busy... for the past 2 years
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Um...more information? That really did not tell me anything...
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

bestnumber?8721 wrote:It's one day old... But

Kevin Rudd jst signed a document which would prevent (illegal) asylum seekers entering Australia forever (unless its been challenged in the High Court, which in that case will be good for me coz I got another case to add in my repertoire! Or if it gets repealed).

Now asylum seekers will be redirected to Papua New Guinea for processing...

Any thoughts on this?
This just means, asylum seekers will go to Papua New Guinea, from there they will have a closer base to get to Australia.

Lets face it, the reason illegal asylum seekers are there, because they can't apply legally, shipping them to PNG is of course better solution then having them to all drown getting there, but its a temporary solution, the same situation that forced Australia to make this decision will rear it self again.
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

HAPPY 8/10TH BIRTHDAY BAKA-TSUKI!!! BIG BOSS BANZAI!!! BAKA BANZAI!!! TSUKI BANZAI! BAKA-TSUKI BANZAI!!!

@Onizukademongto
Claro Luke
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Claro Luke »

So.. apparently Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt finally got married last weekend. :)
AsterL
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier

Post by AsterL »

Supposed to post news, eh?

Hmmm, I find it news that upon just googling the political problems about the 7th nuclear power in the world (you have to keep tabs on them) There are people who still support a despotic ruler who takes loans in billions of dollars while he has more than the amount loaned in his personal bank account through money laundering (again, google) and the one opposing him has actually managed to get people out on the streets for nearly three weeks through heavy rain and heat. Keeping a watch on Pakistan at the moment. A great personality versus a parliament of corrupt people if you just look at their history (I should pay more attention to school probably) it's truly unbelievable that all except one leader are in the wrong.
Look at the sunset glow
Now wait for tomorrow
From the arms of sacrifice
Do we snatch freedom.

Return to “Commune”