Exercise/Diet

All non Baka-Tsuki related topics

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Re: Exercise/Diet

Post by onizuka-gto »

Do 15mins of intense exercise that gets my heart pumping:

30 Squats, 20 Push ups claps, 500 punches, 30 knuckle push ups.

Sometimes i can't finish it all before i go to work, so when i get back i do them all over again.

I try to do this every day, sometimes i can, sometimes i miss a few days but i know it works because i can feel my body working hard long all day, i think they call it the after-burn effect.
Personally i think this works pretty well since no matter how much i eat my weight is always the same.

I guess the other factor is that i quit smoking, McDonald and Coke/Pepsi. Also due to habits, I don't eat snacks in between meals. I also have really sensitive taste to sweet things that amplifies then to painful levels and awful after taste, so i never eat chocolate bars or any type of pure sugary sweets or cakes with the exception of ice cream, tiramisu, Cantonese Rice Cake and the occasionally small but plain, no chocolate coated/sprinkled, no jam filled dounuts.

I think just not eating those stuff are fine enough, but i have an image to maintain, if only to keep missus happy. :roll: :lol:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

onizuka-gto wrote:Do 15mins of intense exercise that gets my heart pumping:

30 Squats, 20 Push ups claps, 500 punches, 30 knuckle push ups.

Sometimes i can't finish it all before i go to work, so when i get back i do them all over again.

I try to do this every day, sometimes i can, sometimes i miss a few days but i know it works because i can feel my body working hard long all day, i think they call it the after-burn effect.
Personally i think this works pretty well since no matter how much i eat my weight is always the same.

I guess the other factor is that i quit smoking, McDonald and Coke/Pepsi. Also due to habits, I don't eat snacks in between meals. I also have really sensitive taste to sweet things that amplifies then to painful levels and awful after taste, so i never eat chocolate bars or any type of pure sugary sweets or cakes with the exception of ice cream, tiramisu, Cantonese Rice Cake and the occasionally small but plain, no chocolate coated/sprinkled, no jam filled dounuts.

I think just not eating those stuff are fine enough, but i have an image to maintain, if only to keep missus happy. :roll: :lol:
Your daily training is impressive.
Yeah, you should avoid smoking (and even drinking), it's deadly and expensive (I spend my money on mangas, instead).

I was a bit overweight before, but one day I decided to halve my breakfast and afternoon snack portions, some mornings I only eat a small bread or biscuit. Thanks to that I lost 3kg, and now I'm not overweight anymore.

The problem is that I'm a vanilla ice-cream and pancakes fanatic. But nothing can beat ham sandwiches.

... I should train more often, later.
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by hobogunner »

ggqt wrote:I guess we could start arguing half lives and rate of reaction for bananas and gastric acid verse potato/oil and gastric acid. It'd be a bit more in depth because we would also have to calculate oxidation rates based on the differences in blood pressure while you sleep apposed to when you are awake.
We don't need that. :lol:
onizuka-gto wrote:I guess the other factor is that i quit smoking, McDonald and Coke/Pepsi. Also due to habits, I don't eat snacks in between meals. I also have really sensitive taste to sweet things that amplifies then to painful levels and awful after taste, so i never eat chocolate bars or any type of pure sugary sweets or cakes with the exception of ice cream, tiramisu, Cantonese Rice Cake and the occasionally small but plain, no chocolate coated/sprinkled, no jam filled dounuts.

You know, smoking has not bothered my weight at all. Although I've never constantly smoked for any period longer than 2 days, still....my weight is the same. I'm sure prolonged smoking would screw me over though. I never quit anything, I just never really eat / drink much of that stuff...... At least your body defends you against sweets, mine loves them. :lol:

The only thing I will actively do is that before a workout, I eat a handful of M&M's or Skittles and pop my vitamins.
Misogi wrote:I was a bit overweight before, but one day I decided to halve my breakfast and afternoon snack portions, some mornings I only eat a small bread or biscuit. Thanks to that I lost 3kg, and now I'm not overweight anymore.

The problem is that I'm a vanilla ice-cream and pancakes fanatic. But nothing can beat ham sandwiches.

... I should train more often, later.
Know what's really funny? I can run 3 miles in 18 minutes with somewhat ease, and I am technically 30-ish pounds overweight. I'll not deny I have fat to lose, but.....I've never been much of one for standards, if it works, it works. :?

Ham is one of the worst meats for you......chicken / fish is much much better, but it certainly is better for you than ice cream and pancakes.
Maybe this is just too fast, too real -Stay Close, Parabelle
Snails see the benefits, the beauty in every inch -Snails, The Format
You thought you could find happiness just over that green hill; you thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still
-Learn To Be Still, The Eagles
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

hobogunner wrote:Ham is one of the worst meats for you......chicken / fish is much much better, but it certainly is better for you than ice cream and pancakes.
Well, I also like chicken and fish (especially salmon), which I eat more often than ham. I eat vanilla ice-cream only twice or three times max. monthly.

I'm at 70kg now for more than 1m70, under the overweight limit. It was the first time I managed to lose that much weight.
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

I'm about 140 lbs while being around 1,75 meters...
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
krytyk
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by krytyk »

Best way of excercising? Swimming and running, long distance running, preferably, if you need to go down with your weight, you could also decrease amount of sugar you're using, so your body will burn fats more effectively. About food... don't eat junk foods and instant foods that's all, every food you cook yourself from basic ingredients will be healthy and don't hold yourself back when eating those, paradoxally worst are the "dietetic" products, rip off, 99% of them. Pick juice instead of cola, and you'll be fine. Not much later you'll be example of perfect health.

And i completely agree with Misogi about drinking and smoking, even damn coffee is ruining your health. :p

Edit: And seems everyone for some reason tells their w/h, mine is 75kilos (160lbs) at 183cm.

Edit2: and YEAH, ICE CREAMS ARE OKAY, BUT DON"T OVERDO IT. <3
- JAP to ENG translator for AntiMagic Academy "The 35th Test Platoon"; ELYSION virtual region; Omae wo Onii-chan ni Shite Yarouka!?; Only Sense Online -
- Retired Manga Redrawer/Typesetter. @Manga-Heaven; @Kono-Basho; @wangan-scans; &anonymous releases.
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

krytyk wrote:Best way of excercising? Swimming and running, long distance running, preferably, if you need to go down with your weight, you could also decrease amount of sugar you're using, so your body will burn fats more effectively. About food... don't eat junk foods and instant foods that's all, every food you cook yourself from basic ingredients will be healthy and don't hold yourself back when eating those, paradoxally worst are the "dietetic" products, rip off, 99% of them. Pick juice instead of cola, and you'll be fine. Not much later you'll be example of perfect health.

And i completely agree with Misogi about drinking and smoking, even damn coffee is ruining your health. :p

Edit: And seems everyone for some reason tells their w/h, mine is 75kilos (160lbs) at 183cm.

Edit2: and YEAH, ICE CREAMS ARE OKAY, BUT DON"T OVERDO IT. <3
I'll do sports more often in the next months, it's just that I'm loaded with work.
I don't eat much junk food, but a lot of food at lunch and dinner in general (with moderation though), almost nothing at breakfast and afternoon break.
I can't cook (or rather, my cook level is low), so that's difficult for me to eat homemade food.
I don't eat dietetic food, I'm feeling bad just by looking at them.
Drinking, smoking, eating = money = less life and mangas, that's my diet method. I don't like coffee, that's something out.

I guess that I'm the "fattest" here ... but nobody see that I'm fat. Me neither.
Ice creams on spring and summer, less at autumn, not on winter.
----
hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by hobogunner »

I've found the best diet if your strapped for cash to be protein bars (not required), tuna, peanut butter, and bread. Water can come from the tap and you should certainly drink milk, but you can do without it for a week. You'll save money like crazy, lose weight, but be forewarned, the less you take in the more you should sleep. If you eat 1,000 calories a day, and burn 1200 from your workouts....you'll both lose weight, and need to sleep for about 10-12 hours to make it up to yourself. (You'll gain it all back, but, it's a method. :lol: [Hocchan approved, terrible for you method])

I do distance running every night / day, my body is just too used to it for anything to work....I've reached a plateau. :?
Misogi wrote:I guess that I'm the "fatest" here ... but nobody see that I'm fat. Me neither.
Ice creams on spring and summer, less at autumn, not on winter.
Wait, since we're seemingly using metric, I'm 95.2 kg (can drop 5 at will / in 2 days) and 180.34 cm tall. (1m 80.34). I'm by far the "fattest" one here. :roll:
You thought you could find happiness just over that green hill; you thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

hobogunner wrote:Wait, since we're seemingly using metric, I'm 95.2 kg (can drop 5 at will / in 2 days) and 180.34 cm tall. (1m 80.34). I'm by far the "fattest" one here. :roll:
Just calculated some of the BMI (Weight / Height²).

Me : 24, normal weight, above average.
Kira : 20,7, normal weight, under average.
Krytyk : 22,4, normal weight, slightly above average.
Hobogunner : 29,4, overweight, near to moderate obesity.

(Normal : 18.5-25 ; Overweight : 25-30)

The numbers speak for themselves. Guess I'll have to lose a bit of weight.
----
hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by hobogunner »

...but I hate it because I'm only 17% body fat which is in the normal / fitness range. :?

(Depending on where you look, 17% is the upper bounds of fitness / lower end of average.)

I'll figure it out one of these days.......one of these days (like the entire month of June)..... :roll:
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Eat more veggies, Hocchan. :D

But man, it's fine as long as it's muscles, right?
Kira0802

Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

Speaking about vegetables, I can't really understand why children don't like spinach.
----
hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by hobogunner »

Kira0802 wrote:Eat more veggies, Hocchan. :D

But man, it's fine as long as it's muscles, right?
I hope so. :lol:

Yeah, veggies....just meh.
Misogi wrote:Speaking about vegetables, I can't really understand why children don't like spinach.
Does that make me a child? :roll: :|
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

hobogunner wrote:
Misogi wrote:Speaking about vegetables, I can't really understand why children and even adults don't like spinach.
Does that make me a child? :roll: :|
Forgot that part. But that's strange, I mean, they aren't that bad, but I'm one of the few students to eat them at lunch.
----
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Misogi wrote:Speaking about vegetables, I can't really understand why children don't like spinach.
...what's spinach exactly?
Kira0802

Return to “Commune”