Exercise/Diet

All non Baka-Tsuki related topics

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Exercise/Diet

Post by hobogunner »

Figure we should have a thread on how we all stay in shape / what exercises we do.

Also, tagging along a diet with it can't hurt.

Currently I'm at ~20 miles a week running (5 days, too lazy.) + pushups / situps / planking

My diet includes a small bowl of cereal, a turkey sandwich + some chips, and a can of tuna and some peaches after my run.

What's your methodology?
Spoiler! :
If you post anything like my diet, be prepared for a nutrition intervention, because it's stupid & dumb, and you should never do that.
Oh, edit: I only drink water, I have 3 gallon jugs in constant rotation and some bottles on my desk.
Maybe this is just too fast, too real -Stay Close, Parabelle
Snails see the benefits, the beauty in every inch -Snails, The Format
You thought you could find happiness just over that green hill; you thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still
-Learn To Be Still, The Eagles
Rajikai
Sailor Tsuki
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Exercise/Diet

Post by Rajikai »

Well for me, I sit in the couch, 1 meal a day, no work to burn the fat, drink to trick my hunger... So basically, I don't lose any lbs or gain any, and might not be healthy... But that's my current diet :)
1,550/3,400
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

My diet right now is not too far from yours. I typically eat twice a day (to keep costs down) Triscuits with kipper snacks and/or cheese on them with some fruit and something to drink. I will occasionally break from this to get something else so that I do not gag on eating the same thing repeatedly.

Exercise...*sighs* I would do more of that, but a certain someone has my hand wraps that I use to hit the punching bag. :x

Rajikai, you need to eat more. That is NOT healthy.
hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by hobogunner »

Yeah, you really should, Raj. Even without exercise...that's just ridiculous.

So should you for that matter, A-kun, but you said twice a day, and I have no idea how many calories that is.

(Not that I know how many Raj's is, but, anything <1000 will leave you pretty bad off unless you build up to it.)
You thought you could find happiness just over that green hill; you thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

I would eat more, except for the fact that I am dirt poor and am trying to lose weight. Right now, with two meals a day, I should be around 1500-2000 calories.
hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by hobogunner »

Yeah, that's a decent diet. The most confusing things is caloric intake / metabolic rate / caloric output.

I've yet to care to look into all the crazy theories, I just do what I need to. :lol:

I burn about 2 pounds a day with my current setup.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

I think of caloric intake, metabolic rate, and caloric outtake in terms of an assembly line for making something. It takes so much energy to put into the system, which can use that energy at a certain rate, to spit out the product and by-products.
hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by hobogunner »

I know of them and what's behind them, but I mean the mastery of controlling them in my body.

If I went and ate 5,000 calories a day, to put it bluntly, I gain no weight at all, even after a week. Yet, if I eat 1,000 calories a day, eventually my body stops losing weight.

That's what I'm more talking about, trying to stick it all together. (According to most calculators, 1500 is extreme fat loss, and 4200 is staying the same, however, I prefer to experiment with it myself.)
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Just do not put yourself in the hospital doing it.
hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by hobogunner »

:lol: Nah, I made all the backgrounds on my devices lolis for this reason. Even my iPod nano (that I wear as a watch while running) has a chibi Madoka as it's background. :roll:

Even I could only guess what I would do if I were to actually pass out in their presence. :P
Rajikai
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Rajikai »

Yea I know. but I'm poor, jobless, really close to a NEET. Lol, was a Neet a few months ago. Anyways... The amount of food... I don't know the exact calories, but I would say it's quite a decent amount. I do eat a large plate of food.

However, I'm one of those... Unneeded people in society. I do plan to workout and what not, but I made those plans a few back... Argh, just the thought makes me want to sleep.

Anywho...

I'm just one of those guys who gets to into the details. It must be perfect before I start... But the problem is, I stop doing it, because I get bored/unmotivated. Same thing with learning how to cook...

*sigh*
1,550/3,400
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

hobogunner wrote::lol: Nah, I made all the backgrounds on my devices lolis for this reason. Even my iPod nano (that I wear as a watch while running) has a chibi Madoka as it's background. :roll:

Even I could only guess what I would do if I were to actually pass out in their presence. :P
The best part of working out is a loli in your iPod, eh?
Rajikai wrote:Yea I know. but I'm poor, jobless, really close to a NEET. Lol, was a Neet a few months ago. Anyways... The amount of food... I don't know the exact calories, but I would say it's quite a decent amount. I do eat a large plate of food.

However, I'm one of those... Unneeded people in society. I do plan to workout and what not, but I made those plans a few back... Argh, just the thought makes me want to sleep.

Anywho...

I'm just one of those guys who gets to into the details. It must be perfect before I start... But the problem is, I stop doing it, because I get bored/unmotivated. Same thing with learning how to cook...

*sigh*
Rajikai, I mean no offense here, but has anyone ever pointed out to you it sounds like you might have ADD? :?
Rajikai
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Rajikai »

Nope, But it's a common thought that occurs in my mind. Also, I think I might be depressed. Who knows... ><

Loli in ipod... Do people around you know?
1,550/3,400
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Your diet can greatly affect these things. Seeing that you eat only once a day, I can see why you might be having problems like paying attention and depression. If you are downing pop, sugar, and things with a lot of artificial ingredients/preservatives (i.e., red 40 et. al.), try cutting that out of your diet. You may find a lot of changes for the better. Also, exercise is generally good for improving one's mood and self-image.
Rajikai
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Rajikai »

Um... I wonder why A-kun know so much..
1,550/3,400

Return to “Commune”