YOU'RE BANNED.(2nd generation)

All non Baka-Tsuki related topics

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

mythu
Haruhiist Sensei
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

YOU'RE BANNED.(2nd generation)

Post by mythu »

In this thread, ban a word permanently or, for 24 hours a person that made a mistake, for a different chosen reason. The person's name(s) you banned you will add in a personal public "black" list made in a spoiler tag that you will edit frequently. For each enlisted 10 bans you may celebrate with one affordable punishment to an entity you have banned or you may issue one forgiveness. A person can only be banned once per it's post and is forgiven from a single personal list. A forgiven name is forever forgiven, only to those that used it. The person that doesn't want to fulfill the punishment will to be ignored. can't can't will logically cancel out
Spoiler! :
Be prepared to be punished! This banhammer is real! :D
Affordable punishments depend on the number of times you have caught the punishable one.
Example: w will draw something(make a signature for many times)
X will delete my name from his list(you only get a fresh start on his list)
y will have to answer a question
z will have to write a composition(an essay) about something
We will learn from our mistakes, or how to give affordable punishments and many other things in the process
How do you figure out how many words you can ask depending on the punishment?
Let's say an easy question requires up to ̶1̶0̶ 5 words.
So after you enlist a name 5-10 times you can ask him a composition of 25-50 words.
How many words you usually need to fill out a drawing, a page? let's fix a page to 100 words?
It's up to you if you respect the rules or not, it's fun doing both.
Up to you if we keep this game alive or not. Cheers!
PUT YOUR MIND TO ACTION
Last edited by mythu on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler! :
Facing life&death ++
"I am nothing in the eternity of this world..nor can I do anything in this vastness all by myself"(茜新地花屋散華 2, 26)
"the one to be envied is he who loves, however little he gets in return"(Eric Berne)
mythu
Haruhiist Sensei

Re: YOU'RE BANNED.(2nd generation)

Post by mythu »

So I should start:
(this counts as a reason so you can't use it anymore, you also can't use the element "generation")
I ban "generation" because !
My public ban list:
Spoiler! :
1.mythu (x5)
2.Lery (x5)
Last edited by mythu on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:03 am, edited 3 times in total.
Spoiler! :
Facing life&death ++
"I am nothing in the eternity of this world..nor can I do anything in this vastness all by myself"(茜新地花屋散華 2, 26)
"the one to be envied is he who loves, however little he gets in return"(Eric Berne)
Lery
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by Lery »

Mhhh, not sure I got the point here :
Ban an element(a word permanently or person that made a mistake) above you for a different chosen reason.
So, the person has to have made a mistake to be banned?
So we can't ban anybody just for the sake of banning? :shock:

Could you explain it a little bit clearer and give 2-3 examples for those like me who aren't sure to have got your point?

PS: maybe it's because I'm not native English, but I really doubt to have understood how your game works. :oops:
Wiki user : Lery (talk)

Sysadmin, sometimes.
mythu
Haruhiist Sensei

Post by mythu »

Yeah it's not easy, I tried my best today to explain this and make it very short.
The thing is to be quick and ban someone on his mistake,wrongdoing and write his name in your list. Or you can perma-ban a (common) word found in this thread
The thing is to get to see your mistakes and learn from them or from others
ex. Post#(number): I ban 'person' in post#2 for not banning anything
ex. Post#(number): me bans 'word' because of reason
You count the post number from 0.
-----------------------
Post#3: I ban "a" because it's common word.
Spoiler! :
Facing life&death ++
Lery

Post by Lery »

Well for example I may ban the word "common" for being abused in this thread?

And since you banned the "a" in your post, I'm not allowed to use it?

Sysadmin, sometimes.
mythu
Haruhiist Sensei

Post by mythu »

Post#5
yah, that's right Lery, why are people so afraid of making mistakes lol
won't hurt to try this well tought experiment
-----------------
me bans "in" because me prefers within
Spoiler! :
Facing life&death ++
Lery

Post by Lery »

Post#6
I ban "word" because there are too many occurrences of that one within this thread 8)

Sysadmin, sometimes.
mythu
Haruhiist Sensei

Post by mythu »

Post#7
me bans mythu for using this unappropriate "me" on each post where he uses "me"
Spoiler! :
Facing life&death ++
Lery

Post by Lery »

Post#8
So, you did just ban yourself for the whole next 24 hours, didn't you? :shock:

I ban "post" because it'll be funnier that way.

Sysadmin, sometimes.
mythu
Haruhiist Sensei

Post by mythu »

Record #9
Yeah I did. :) Rules update
me bans Lery for a grammar mistake on his #8 record
Lery wrote:you did just ban yourself, didn't you?
Correct should be: you just banned yourself, didn't you?
Spoiler! :
Facing life&death ++
Lery

Post by Lery »

Post#8
I'm objecting!
This is some figure of speech to emphasize my words... Kind of an enallage.
:P

I should now ban you for using some banned term, but I'm too lazy. :mrgreen:

Sysadmin, sometimes.
mythu
Haruhiist Sensei

Post by mythu »

Objections are accepted. While it's kind of an enallage it is still treated as incorrect grammar so it's a valid mistake.
me bans Lerry for each of the 4 different mistakes I found on #10
Did you make these on purpose? :)
Spoiler! :
Lery wrote:Post#8
I'm objecting!
This is some figure of speech to emphasize my words... Kind of an enallage :P
I should now ban you for using some banned term, but I'm too lazy. :mrgreen:
Don't u wan't a scoop from me?
So if you didn't notice yet I already issued 10 bans. :shock:
I punish Lery to take his time on stating his at least 25 word(s) oppinion on how we can improve the game, or why is it worthless
Please place it here, if you are ready, so we can all see.
Spoiler! :
Facing life&death ++
Lery

Post by Lery »

Well I guess it's just a little too hard to ask no native english to play such a game about language mistakes and with such severe punishment. :wink: I personally have no idea if you're native or not, but if you are, then I guess your writing's skills should be better than mine and thus that you're not doing too much mistakes in your text... But I often feel like "OMG, is this actually really english?" while reading your posts, but since I'm no native speaker, I don't dare to ask about or to point those "may-be-mistakes"... Example :
Spoiler! :
I punish Lery to take his time on stating his at least 25 word(s) oppinion
This doesn't look like a perfectly right sentence to me, but since I'm french, I assume it's because syntax and grammar are just not the same in English... Can you punish somebody "to do something"?

And I also think it may be just unknown from the other "gamers" of the board : you created it very recently and they may not even have seen it yet.
So you should maybe make a little ads for this game in the other games of the board, since I don't know if everybody go and look the Commune sub-forum very often.
You may also re-thought the rules so that it won't punish the people on their grammar or spelling, but more on their inadvertence : for example the fact I forgot to not use the word "post" that I actually banned myself upper was inadvertence, also that I'm pretty sure that you're allowed to use the word "some" to design some uncountable, uncertain things... So if you aren't allowed to, then it would be a mistake caused by my not all-mighty knowledge of the current spoken language. :| Same with the "my words" : I don't see what's wrong there... I was actually emphasizing more than one word, so it seems me correct, isn't it?

Do you see what I mean? One actually doesn't like to be punished for something he couldn't do anything to avoid... Also that if we are just banning terms and words, then one can actually try and compose sentences without using those words without being haunted with the though that he may be banned for not being good enough at spelling or what ever... Then if the composed sentences still contain forbidden words, he will be punished for his inadvertence and not for his lack of skill, which is way easier to accept for one's ego :wink:

Well I guess I fulfilled my punishment : those should be more than 25 words ^^'

Sysadmin, sometimes.
mythu
Haruhiist Sensei

Post by mythu »

Lery wrote: You may also re-thought the rules so that it won't punish the people on their grammar or spelling, but more on their inadvertence
Do you see what I mean? One actually doesn't like to be punished for something he couldn't do anything to avoid.
Well, from where I come from, being punished for something we didn't do(or avoided to do) happens on a daily basis. I mean it as an usual thing, getting used to this may raise our tollerance and so on, so it's more of a plus to me.
Well I especially want this game for people that like exploring culture and language, especially raising and improving potential translators and editors for the purpose of the "organisation"
I am no native english, I've just shown a special interest to it in school and was good at it. I am trying get get closer to an unconventional way of speaking while it's still grammatically correct. Information is power, being able to express yourself without being misunderstood means a lot. I could remove grammar and spelling mistakes rule but even in life, every little detail matters.
I think the punishment is very light, it's 5 words per mistake. Even correcting the mistake and thinking about it takes more than 5 words. Even if you will attract punishment you can still avoid/postpone it, only one in the list is punished on each 10 accumulated mistakes. If the question is about private matters I won't ask for it to go public, but just a confirmation from the "executioner" that it was fulfilled.
Spoiler! :
Lery wrote: I punish Lery to take his time on stating his at least 25 word(s) oppinion
Of course it doesn't look like a perfectly right sentence but if you find or not errors in it then I wil be closer to a more freely unconventional adressing form, the(my) language may evolve then and not attract boredom or stagnation
Yeah, you can punish somebody to do something, in this previsious case the punishment purpose is to emphasize a high respect of our free will.
Spoiler! :
In #10 you weren't wrong using "some". I just wanted to show you someone can be punished for each of his different mistake, take for example the "court" institution, you get more charges for each different wrongdoing
But the 4th mistake is "emphasize", I think you can't use it as "describe" or "colour" but rather as "stress out", "give proeminence(importance)"
Spoiler! :
Facing life&death ++
Lery

Post by Lery »

Okay, well I wasn't talking about the 25 words thing, but about the ban for a whole day, I though I read about it somewhere...??? I'm okay with the fact that your punishment was very light :lol:

My fault : I though it was about "real ban" :oops:

So we misunderstood us, what a shame.

About the "emphasize" mistake : I actually meant "stress out"! The construction "You do + verb" give more importance to the fact that you actually did it. [whatever the "it" may be] In my paradigm at least. ^^'

Sysadmin, sometimes.

Return to “Commune”